Singapore Expats

What's your favorite 'watering hole' and why?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 1:14 pm

I guess most of you are fans of Muddy Murphy's. Any suggestions for the first timers?
"Budget Expat"

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 1:23 pm

v4jr4 wrote:I guess most of you are fans of Muddy Murphy's. Any suggestions for the first timers?
Strong bow .. is all I can suggest ;)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 6:36 pm

:roll:

Tired of hearing that one...:wink:

I have no suggestions though for Muddy's. I think I've only been there once, and only drank beer, no whisky or any other liquor.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 6:48 pm

v4jr4 wrote:I guess most of you are fans of Muddy Murphy's. Any suggestions for the first timers?
Kilkenny or Guiness with a shot glass of Jamesons dropped in it.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 7:23 pm

Since it's an 'Irish pub' (not really), this should mean that they know how to pour a proper pint of Guinness. So I'd start with that.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:57 pm

Addadude wrote:Since it's an 'Irish pub' (not really), this should mean that they know how to pour a proper pint of Guinness. So I'd start with that.
Twice I had my Guinness there, twice they got it right (especially for the head - in my limited experience, of course). But I would be curious to hear from an Irish himself!