Singapore Expats

False complaint by filipino worker : URGENT HELP NEEDED

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 5:48 pm

Wd40 wrote:Seriously, for a high flying expat to make so many goof ups in one thread; first poor English, then posting using FB and finally forgot that he was supposed to login using Pem instead of EricM. You can see why locals think FTs dont deserve their jobs.
or rather "SOME" FTs ...

PS: I heard a new Acronym, HPPS -> Highly Paid People Syndrome = Higher the pay, the better they should be .. :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 20 Sep 2013 9:13 am

PS: Eric M .. we know who you are now :)

Since you posted from Facebook !!!!

while I do sympathise with you .. what does your agent advice you ?

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 1:10 pm

Hannieroo wrote:There is not a job on this earth that gives the employer the right to impose his own moral values on an employee. A woman's reproduction system is her own.

I don't impose rules on my helper in her own time. She knows the laws, it's not for me to police other people's sex lives.
Hannieroo you haven't been here long enough. I used to think just like you then I got burned. If you have a good helper - absolutely. But a lot of the maids here don't think like you.

The worst story I know of is the one who deliberately got preggers via the teenage (read 13 years old) son. And then there were my other friends whose maid more or less set up a brothel in their house while they were away. And there was my first one who had a string of "boyfriends" who started showing up at our house at all hours...

Lots of these girls, they just aren't so smart. There are some lovely ones, but they are few and far between and their numbers are decreasing as time goes on. A young, smart Philippina has a lot better options these days than becoming a maid in Singapore. Even if she goes the domestic helper route - she gets paid more and treated better in a lot of other places.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 1:21 pm

From what I know, Singapore is considered the destination of last resort for Domestic Helpers. Crappy bosses (Singaporeans and a couple of other Nationalities), low wages, and draconian laws. But there you go. You want a maid, you get the dregs of the industry who cannot get hired in the better countries (employer wise). Tail wagging the dog? Overbearing restrictions imposed due to the low class of domestic because of the low wages paid. Full circle.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 1:42 pm

MovingtoSpore....rather than saying Hannie has not been here long enough...I would say you have been here too long and have become jaded. Sorry movingtospore but Hannie is right. You seem to have lost your real world and real person perspective about human rights - the basic type, not some high and mighty type - just basic human rights. Bad maids and bad employers - no different. But I would suggest there are far more bad employers than there are bad maids.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 1:59 pm

Hannieroo wrote:There is not a job on this earth that gives the employer the right to impose his own moral values on an employee. A woman's reproduction system is her own.

I don't impose rules on my helper in her own time. She knows the laws, it's not for me to police other people's sex lives.
I agree. Although my wife and I discussed asking our FDW to use a contraceptive we didn't discuss it - it was really a side issue anyways to the main issue of "how long can she stay out of the house on her day off?". We will simply have to wear the cost of sending her home should she fall pregnant and so far I don't think she is likely too (note - IME the main issue is what sort of crowd does your FDW hang out with.... the same issue with your teen children BTW).

I understand that a FDW should be able to live her life as freely as possible - and that should include having sexual intercourse with whomever she wishes, Singapore doesn't though see it that way though.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 2:31 pm

Well my ex helper decided to go work for a single guy so take no notice of me. I've had my bloody eyes opened in the last week.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 3:07 pm

Hannieroo wrote:Well my ex helper decided to go work for a single guy so take no notice of me. I've had my bloody eyes opened in the last week.
Damn.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 4:31 pm

Hannieroo wrote:Well my ex helper decided to go work for a single guy so take no notice of me. I've had my bloody eyes opened in the last week.
Honeymoon's over. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 5:05 pm

I didn't have a honeymoon. SG is what it is. I just wished she'd asked upfront rather than behaving foully and hoping I'd transfer her. Dumb.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 5:53 pm

Hannieroo wrote:I didn't have a honeymoon. SG is what it is. I just wished she'd asked upfront rather than behaving foully and hoping I'd transfer her. Dumb.
That's so typical of your former FDW's nationality... they avoid confrontation and it causes even bigger issues.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 5:54 pm

For how long I wonder.

I know of two cases where the girl was packed off when the ‘single guy’ tired of the arrangement. Both used the same approach, sent them home on holiday, terminated the contract and changed the locks.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 6:04 pm

Well, yeah. And it turns out I was her eighth employer as her bio data printout had been adjusted. You live and learn. Ultimately I've learned a couple of expensive lessons but at the end of the day it hasn't really affected my life beyond a bit of juggling. I'm sure her choices will bite her in the ass.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 6:18 pm

But, Hannie, as shitty as it may be, at least you let her make the choice. There are plenty who would have not let her and locked her in!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 6:25 pm

My 6 year old cried himself to sleep and suggested exactly that. But, what can you do? Can't imprison someone. One agency suggested I should have slapped her! Yeah. That will work.

But I did take her to the agency. She was behaving so vilely and demanded a transfer when we sat down to talk about it. I wasn't prepared to have more of that around my kids. Although if I'd known she had one lined up I'd have saved myself the stress and let her stay the 4 days it took.