Singapore Expats

False complaint by filipino worker : URGENT HELP NEEDED

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 6:49 pm

Hannieroo wrote:My 6 year old cried himself to sleep and suggested exactly that. But, what can you do? Can't imprison someone. One agency suggested I should have slapped her! Yeah. That will work.

But I did take her to the agency. She was behaving so vilely and demanded a transfer when we sat down to talk about it. I wasn't prepared to have more of that around my kids. Although if I'd known she had one lined up I'd have saved myself the stress and let her stay the 4 days it took.
I'd have been tempted to drive her to the airport with her passport if it was that bad.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 7:10 pm

We had a week of sleeping every afternoon, ignoring us and watching tv during work hours and sitting around in pj's until 11. Everything I asked her to do or not do was greeted with a public Internet status calling me a bi**h, a ba**ard or a s**t. So, yes, I was tempted and honestly thought the agency would. I wish the barely 30 white dude signing up the best of luck with that. They deserve each other, pair of morons.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 7:48 pm

Hannieroo wrote:We had a week of sleeping every afternoon, ignoring us and watching tv during work hours and sitting around in pj's until 11. Everything I asked her to do or not do was greeted with a public Internet status calling me a bi**h, a ba**ard or a s**t. So, yes, I was tempted and honestly thought the agency would. I wish the barely 30 white dude signing up the best of luck with that. They deserve each other, pair of morons.
That's pretty pretty reprehensible. I admire your ability to remain cool under such circumstances. Yeah white dude is a moron.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 8:28 pm

She'll take him to the cleaners, mark my words.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 8:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:She'll take him to the cleaners, mark my words.
Why would you hire a FDW to get your rocks off? Plenty of SPG's who'll do it for free.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 9:22 pm

He probably didn't. But she'll claim he did and even if he didn't, he'll have to pay and pay to keep it out of the press. Young single guys, especially those under 30 tend to think with the wrong head anyway. Especially if it's instigating. Surely you haven't gotten that old!

SPG's are far from free and don't like to clean house either.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 9:28 pm

Mind you, Hannie, young single guys are not supposed to be able to hire 'helpers'. For OBVIOUS reasons - mind you, who has the power in the relationship?!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 9:32 pm

A lot of Westerners seem to think that if ones plight is so bad it makes such people somehow ethically sound if not superior. Very naive.

I'm sorry for your problems Hannie but I think it could have been much worse. As you said, it's an eye opener.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:16 pm

Exactly. She had him lined up because I took her in late afternoon Wednesday and she was gone Monday morning with no references. I reckon she wanted me to transfer her. But nobody was hurt and my tiny is over it. Fine. I'm sure she told him I was a witch who worked her 17 hours a day and my husband couldn't keep his hands to himself. I think she couldn't grasp why I wasn't upset or angry. My life hasn't fundamentally changed. There's nothing in this house I can't do myself. Fine, off you go.

Poor Eric and his hijacked thread.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 9:00 am

Hannieroo wrote:Exactly. She had him lined up because I took her in late afternoon Wednesday and she was gone Monday morning with no references. I reckon she wanted me to transfer her. But nobody was hurt and my tiny is over it. Fine. I'm sure she told him I was a witch who worked her 17 hours a day and my husband couldn't keep his hands to himself. I think she couldn't grasp why I wasn't upset or angry. My life hasn't fundamentally changed. There's nothing in this house I can't do myself. Fine, off you go.

Poor Eric and his hijacked thread.
I've know a few maid diddlers here in my time.... her next trick will be lining him up for 18 years of child support.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 1:08 pm

Which is what I was alluding to.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 4:59 pm

I'm not comfortable with the generalizing. I'm not convinced she's made a sound choice and I'm upset at the lack of professionalism and doubt it can end well. But I don't think we can extrapolate from that that she has no morals, seeks to trap anybody or that this is based on nationality.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 5:24 pm

I don't think anybody is saying that either. But we are pointing out what HAS happened here many times over the years. So much so, that it's worth pointing out. One must remember that for these girls, what they do is for survival of their families. They will sometimes, if opportunity presents itself, take advantage of a situation if they can see a lot more profit than they can ever hope to make cleaning Ma'am's toilets.

They look at life a lot differently than we do, I can guarantee that.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 5:50 pm

+1. Maybe it is not like the fight for survival but priorities surely are very different. Also for FDW in Singapore I would expect the loyalty and professionalism don't pay off. So it is actually mutual and lose-lose situation.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Oct 2013 8:34 pm

Hannieroo wrote:I'm not comfortable with the generalizing. I'm not convinced she's made a sound choice and I'm upset at the lack of professionalism and doubt it can end well. But I don't think we can extrapolate from that that she has no morals, seeks to trap anybody or that this is based on nationality.
We get that but I'm now keeping a much closer eye on my own FDW who is from a different religion, country and appears to be happily married.