Singapore Expats

Am going to Marry SG citizen need help.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mudassarfarooq

Post by mudassarfarooq » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 5:53 pm

Hello Every one.
I need help about procedures of sg to marry and sg citizen.

Am Pakistani working now in Saudi Arabia. am going to marry a sg citizen i just need to know what is the procedure and how long its take if she apply for me LTVP after marry can i get in 60 days while am on 89 days visa for 1st time . am 29 year old.

after getting LTVP how long i have to wait to apply for PR and what is procedure and how long its take to approve/refuse.

when i get PR can i travel to the countries like canada UK as sg citinzin travling (easy to get visit pass).

sorry for my English.
Please answer clearly as i want to settle in sg after marry to her.
Thanks in Advance

MOD NOTE: thread moved to Visas section.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 6:11 pm

mudassarfarooq wrote:Hello Every one.

Am Pakistani working now in Saudi Arabia. am going to marry a sg citizen i just need to know what is the procedure and how long its take if she apply for me LTVP after marry can i get in 60 days while am on 89 days visa for 1st time . am 29 year old.

after getting LTVP how long i have to wait to apply for PR and what is procedure and how long its take to approve/refuse.

when i get PR can i travel to the countries like canada UK as sg citinzin travling (easy to get visit pass).

sorry for my English.
Thanks in Advance
I have my doubts whether you will even get an LTVP. At least not for a couple of years I suspect.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 19 Sep 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mudassarfarooq

Post by mudassarfarooq » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 6:19 pm

which way i cant stay longer in SG after Marry is there any way.
am not high educated am working here as a skilled labour so please suggest me some thing of you can. Thanks

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 7:39 pm

mudassarfarooq wrote:which way i cant stay longer in SG after Marry is there any way.
am not high educated am working here as a skilled labour so please suggest me some thing of you can. Thanks
If possible try to live with your wife in your current country/s for a few years first before moving back - this is to show the stability and seriousness of the marriage.

There is no guarantee of residency in Singapore by virtue of marrying a Singaporean (in fact this applies to a lot of countries now).

bloodhound123
Regular
Regular

Post by bloodhound123 » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have my doubts whether you will even get an LTVP. At least not for a couple of years I suspect.
Is LTVP more difficult to secure than a dependent pass for an EP holder? Whats the rationale behind this other than trying to subvert Marriages of convenience? This is being too harsh on SC/PR

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:52 pm

bloodhound123 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have my doubts whether you will even get an LTVP. At least not for a couple of years I suspect.
Is LTVP more difficult to secure than a dependent pass for an EP holder? Whats the rationale behind this other than trying to subvert Marriages of convenience? This is being too harsh on SC/PR

Bwaaaahhaaahahaha, dude it's being harsh on the non SC/PR partner. SC know they are only peons.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:01 am

bloodhound123 wrote:
It's always been like that. When I got married here 29 years ago, I had to sign a statement at the ROM that said, be being granted a Marriage License to a Singapore citizen, it would, in no way, be a means to Permanent Residence. It took me another 11 years to gain my PR. Yes, the LTVP is much more difficult as the DP, provided the marriage is a valid marriage, is easy to get, if you are an EP holder. The thought behind that is that the EP holder will leave once the EP expires and the dependent will follow., However, in the case of the SC/PR, they are around for a while and they are just protecting them from scamming neighbouring country's female predators. Or, protecting Singaporean women from neighbouring men just trying to gain a foothold in Singapore who will just leave their spouses once obtaining PR. This happens a lot from the poorer Asian neighbours.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mudassarfarooq

Post by mudassarfarooq » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 2:20 pm

Every Country have rules and reg to marry and stay. am just wondering why no one have correct answer at this form what i really want to know. and my question is really basic. Thanks everyone for replying.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Am going to Marry SG citizen need help.

Post by the lynx » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 2:31 pm

mudassarfarooq wrote:Hello Every one.

Inform ROM of your intention to get married to SC. Make sure you are able to get into Singapore on regular visit pass first before coming for ROM. Then apply for LTVP using your marriage certificate. Whether it will be approved or not, it all depends on ICA. How long it will take? Some said it took only one day, some said it took weeks. Also depends on ICA in your case.

For procedures, look up ICA website for LTVP. Very easy to look for.

For successful application, apply PR after 3 years of marriage or once you have a SC child (preferably a son). Apply under Family Scheme (take note that you must undergo National Service. More info on ICA website for PR application.

If that fails, you can still try LTVP+. Info also in ICA website.

No. PR is not citizenship. Your restriction (visa or no visa) to travel to other countries applies to your Pakistan passport, not Singapore PR.

sorry for my English.

If you fail to settle in SG after marrying her, I suggest she lives with you in your current residence in Saudi Arabia. After all, you marry her for love right?

Thanks in Advance

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 2:34 pm

mudassarfarooq wrote:Every Country have rules and reg to marry and stay. am just wondering why no one have correct answer at this form what i really want to know. and my question is really basic. Thanks everyone for replying.
let me chime in

1) You must marry go get your spouse to apply LTVP

2) You can apply LTVP immediately, though, based on your salary, your spouse salary, and period of marriage, and since your spouse is a Female SC, chance are low, until 2 years of marriage, though this shouldn't let you stop applying

3) how long to wait before 'applying pr' ? Well, wait 3 years or so, but you can again apply after getting your LTVP (provided that comes through promptly .. )

Then again, while on LTVP you cannot work, so how will ICA see you as not a burden to this country ? unless of course, your spouse is earning a lot lot and lot

4) will PR be good for easy visa to other countries ? Other than Malaysian Visa, where you get longer multiple entry, not much use, as all countries see your passport first, and if that passport is a "GOOD" passport, then they look at others

If the passport is on the closely-scrutinised list, then don't bother at all.

Happy now ?

bloodhound123: Until recently, EP holders getting DP was so super easy, and is still easy, compared to SC/PR getting LTVP for their spouse/children .. though the DP thing has been tightened up .. even for those who qualify .. and the LTVP for spouse of SC/PR hasn't been relaxed ..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 2:39 pm

mudassarfarooq wrote:Every Country have rules and reg to marry and stay. am just wondering why no one have correct answer at this form what i really want to know. and my question is really basic. Thanks everyone for replying.
It would appear, by the rather silly snide remark, that the OP didn't get the answer he was looking for. Or should I say, his ruse was readily apparent? :-|

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 4:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
It would appear, by the rather silly snide remark, that the OP didn't get the answer he was looking for. Or should I say, his ruse was readily apparent? :-|
nah, you will be surprised how many people still believe the world owes them an answer - correct and accurate answer .. :) I dread to imagine what kind of wrath they can unleash on you .. should you fail to do their bidding :D

Simple as that ..

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 4:37 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nah, you will be surprised how many people still believe the world owes them an answer - correct and accurate answer .. :) I dread to imagine what kind of wrath they can unleash on you .. should you fail to do their bidding :D

Simple as that ..
Wrath. I love that word. Reminds me of the mythological books I used to read as a kid :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 5:06 pm

It's the old fashioned Shakespearean English that both of you guys are still being taught in your respective countries. :lol:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 5:13 pm

I love words like wrath. And thrice. Marvellous.

I don't know why I giggled when I read the thread title...

I know that several regular posters here have very sucessful marriages to SCs, so I'm not suggesting anything (especially since we're in the 'Strictly Speaking' section). :cool:
Be careful what you wish for