Singapore Expats Forum

Japanese female looking for company

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
kurumi

Japanese female looking for company

Postby kurumi » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:13 pm

Hi there,

I am Japanese female in late-30s looking to expand my social circles.

It would be great to have some drinks after work/weekend. Also brunch/dinner, outdoors, artsy event, cooking class, BBQ and so on. -Always open to new things:)

I am easygoing, open-minded and fun loving.
Let me know If you are up for it!

Cheers!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 10:49 am

If you can find a cooking class that's quite cheap, I'd like to join that also...

Brunches, you can join in Poc4hontas' thread. And BBQ isn't really advertised here, as history has it that it will attract the wrong kind of people. I'm sure senior members and mods can explain that.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kurumi

Postby kurumi » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Akimbo
Thanks for the info! It's really helpful :)

For cooking class, I've been once before in CQ. Italian one ..It was fun but not hands-on class.
Do you know any places??

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 9:30 pm

A few were mentioned here before
sutra651787.html

But problem is, all of them are around the $120 range...

Been trying to find one that is around $60 for hands on cooking...I want to go for the Community Centre classes, but it's quite difficult to find one that is hands on. Most I find are for Japanese sushi making classes (which is also okay, but they filled up quickly like crazy, that I haven't been able to get in) or baking classes that are hands on.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Stevie_W » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 10:09 pm

You can come over to my place for cooking classes. I'll charge you $50 and teach you how to make instant noodles :)

kurumi

Postby kurumi » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 6:43 pm

Oh Thanks for the offer!

Actually I took a noodle class (INS-101) few years ago! I'm so professional making that ;)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 7:25 pm

LOL :roll:

Kurumi, check your PM box...

melvin_sg

Postby melvin_sg » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Kurumi,

Welcome to Singapore!! How is it been treating your so far?

Do drop me a line if you would like to hang around and explore new things or perhaps grab a coffee first and get to know each other more. Where is based currently? Raffles Place?

I am new to singapore too (not really that new but still consider new! haha).. :)

Thanks

summer23

Postby summer23 » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Kru,

I would like to widen my social network too. I am a Singaporean but has been living in other parts of the world for quite a while. Been living in the US and Switzerland. I just moved back earlier this year so still trying to adjust back to life here....I dont have many friends here either. I am looking for friends for brunch, wine, bbq, sports, cooking ,art class etc too. iF you are keen, drop me message and we could hang out... and any female out there who are keen too, drop me a message.

arayoo

Postby arayoo » Sun, 06 Oct 2013 3:15 pm

Hello Kurumi san!Nice to meet you
23 M Japanese,
Hello i've been staying in Singapore since i was 7 years old.
Would love to show you around because singapore feels so much like home now compared to japan. Hahaha.

I'd really love to help if you want to know more about Singapore.
Shopping, Entertainment, and Delicious food of course!

Here's my email :
Hawkerb@gmail.com

Jya,mata