Singapore Expats

US Citizen to use Singapore as a travel hub. Is it possible?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Leo99

Post by Leo99 » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 6:27 am

Recently I had no problem recieving my second 90 day pass on a first world passport, with less than a month inbetweeen the two trips to SG.

Interesting thread & comments here:

"I have a friend in the immigration in Singapore and he often said we tolerate freelance Thai prostitutes because that's what foreign visitors to Singapore like/need. They want fun and Singapore makes it possible to them, thanks to Tourist dollars.

"They don't get a yellow card which is the official registration documents for prostitutes but they can freelance around in Singapore....

"If your SIL often flies to Singapore, specially during working days she might not have a regular job. The Singapore government encourages tourism with tourists that have the money to spend. If someone flies in all the time during working weeks it could ring an alarm bell. They love tourists from Thailand that are born in Bangkok, Phuket, etc but don't really like Thai tourists born in Isaan or the North."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677 ... ore/page-2

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 6:47 am

So? Nothing new there. Most anybody can get it twice. That's never been a problem. Come back and let us know when you have pulled it off 4x in succession. Then you can come back and give us some anecdotal evidence that is interesting. As I think I told you before, I did it for 11 years but that was before the millennium when things started to get tougher. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Leo99

Post by Leo99 » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 9:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So? Nothing new there. Most anybody can get it twice. That's never been a problem. Come back and let us know when you have pulled it off 4x in succession. Then you can come back and give us some anecdotal evidence that is interesting. As I think I told you before, I did it for 11 years but that was before the millennium when things started to get tougher. :wink:
Four times in succession? LOL. That was never my intention. Six months in a year, maximum. SG is just a place for me to hang out when i can't be in LOS. After this trip i won't be back for at least 180 days.

But congragulations on finding nothing new in the entire thread ;

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 9:52 pm

Leo99 wrote:when i can't be in LOS. After this trip i won't be back for at least 180 days.
Enjoy your punting.