My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 6:16 pm

(Note - before you all blast me for hypocrisy let me remind you that JC himself was friends with prostitutes and indeed Rahab was a prositute who saved the Israelite people in the OT). Secondly prostitution is not illegal here (although working as one without the right visa is of course illegal).

"Agi" wants to visit Singapore (you can guess why). It turns out she is probably black listed in HK and China due to her working methods or profession.

I've told her that I'm pretty certain HK and Singapore share information on this and she probably won't get into Singapore even with a return ticket and ready funds and local contacts (NOT me).

Am I right? I'm being castigated by a semi literate Mongolian whore for my lack of knowledge and compassion but I've told her not to waste an airfare.

I know nothing about how a sex worker registers to become a yellow card holder - which might be an option - does anyone else?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Re: My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singap

Post by nakatago » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 6:57 pm

PNGMK wrote:I know nothing about how a sex worker registers to become a yellow card holder - which might be an option - does anyone else?
Squirrel says the police handles that.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Re: My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singap

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 7:58 pm

nakatago wrote:
PNGMK wrote:I know nothing about how a sex worker registers to become a yellow card holder - which might be an option - does anyone else?
Squirrel says the police handles that.
After they're arrested or is there an offical channel to apply through?

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 8:03 pm

I see prostitutes are banned under the immigration act section 8e.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 9:00 pm

I see scores of working girls in chinatown, joo chiat and geylang. How did they manage to get in?
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9873
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 9:18 pm

8(n) the family and dependants of a prohibited immigrant; [..]

Harsh.

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 9:58 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:I see scores of working girls in chinatown, joo chiat and geylang. How did they manage to get in?
Connected pimps - i.e. corruption.

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:10 pm

Re: My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singap

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:07 pm

PNGMK wrote:(Note - before you all blast me for hypocrisy let me remind you that JC himself was friends with prostitutes and indeed Rahab was a prositute who saved the Israelite people in the OT). Secondly prostitution is not illegal here (although working as one without the right visa is of course illegal).
LOL. LMAO.

Are prostitutes required to show their work permits/visas to customers before putting out?

Do the customers have to ask to see documentation from the hooker to be sure they're not hiring someone illegally?

Does MOM set criteria for hookers?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39564
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: My prostitute friend from Mongolia wants to visit Singap

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:40 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:
PNGMK wrote:(Note - before you all blast me for hypocrisy let me remind you that JC himself was friends with prostitutes and indeed Rahab was a prositute who saved the Israelite people in the OT). Secondly prostitution is not illegal here (although working as one without the right visa is of course illegal).
LOL. LMAO.

Are prostitutes required to show their work permits/visas to customers before putting out?

Do the customers have to ask to see documentation from the hooker to be sure they're not hiring someone illegally?

Does MOM set criteria for hookers?
They better or they might end up like those 50 or 60 guys did with the underaged prostitute (albeit a local one). @_@
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 9:02 am

yogaloungeforever wrote:I see scores of working girls in chinatown, joo chiat and geylang. How did they manage to get in?
Legal prostitutes do not solicit and they are to be confined in their assigned establishments so only walk-in customers are possible.

Those that walk around and try to solicit are most probably illegals on social visit pass (trying to make quick buck in that 30-day visa) or student pass holders or probably part of syndicate that we do not know of.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 9:23 am

I know a Filipina girl who was refused entry into Hong Kong and had the rejected stamp in her passport. She worked in Dubai for a while as a photographers assistant then came into Singapore to work as a prostitute.

She had no problems getting in, even managed to extend her visitor visa for a second month.

Of course she was working illegally and had some help from someone living here who provided 'no questions asked' accommodation.

Anyway the point is she got in without any problems so your friend may be able to do the same.

User avatar
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:37 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Darkest Telok Blangah

Post by Addadude » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:01 am

"I thought the only permits necessary for prostitutes was 'Entry Permits'"
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:07 am

Steve1960 wrote:I know a Filipina girl who was refused entry into Hong Kong and had the rejected stamp in her passport. She worked in Dubai for a while as a photographers assistant then came into Singapore to work as a prostitute.

She had no problems getting in, even managed to extend her visitor visa for a second month.

Of course she was working illegally and had some help from someone living here who provided 'no questions asked' accommodation.

Anyway the point is she got in without any problems so your friend may be able to do the same.
Ok - that's Dubai to Singapore - I can see Dubai not sharing info but HK and Singapore might?

Thanks.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:22 am

As I said she was refused entry into Hong Kong before yet still entered Singapore with no issues. Maybe they don't share info?

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:23 am

Steve1960 wrote:As I said she was refused entry into Hong Kong before yet still entered Singapore with no issues. Maybe they don't share info?
Oops I missed that. Thanks. I guess she's good to go.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests