After work drinks MBFC/Raffles Place on Tuesday Sep 10

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
ChrisCH
Regular
Regular

After work drinks MBFC/Raffles Place on Tuesday Sep 10

Postby ChrisCH » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:05 am

Hi!

Following up a recent discussion on here: New in town or simply want to meet some new faces?

Who?: It does not matter how old you are, where from, gender, occupation... looks like the average will be early 30s, but it really does not matter to any of us.

Where?: The Blarney Irish Pub, The Sail @ Marina Bay (near the MBFC, five minute walk completely underground from Raffles Place.)

When?: Sep 10, 18.30, happy hour lasts till 20.00 I believe, so better don't come too late...

This is not some of the commercial events you find for expats. It is simply me posting it on here... so no name tags, no ice-breaker games or any of that. Just some people having a drink.

Please let me know if you want to join so that I get a rough idea how many people will show up - if I need to reserve one table or more...

See you Tuesday!

Chris

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:15 am

Hmm... I can't help it but to notice the similarity in the style...

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra656644.html

Nevertheless, I like this style, makes reading easier.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:18 am

I've deleted your identical posts. Don't do it again.

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Stevie_W » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 12:58 pm

Looks like Slingers set off a trend.

ChrisCH
Regular
Regular

Postby ChrisCH » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 1:28 pm

the lynx wrote:Hmm... I can't help it but to notice the similarity in the style...

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra656644.html

Nevertheless, I like this style, makes reading easier.

Oh, ok. I really did not copy it... but that gentleman knows how to make a good event announcement ;-)

I'd be in on Sat, but the wife and I already signed up for another event on meetup...

I'll be honest: I made those duplicate posts in other parts on the forum on purpose - I want people to find this event and the structure per age decade, plus a general events page plus a newby corner is highly confusing. One has to really dig to find something. Anyway: Dear Moderator, could you move this thread into the general events section? Thanks!

trebleclef81

Postby trebleclef81 » Sat, 07 Sep 2013 5:36 pm

I have not logged in for so long I forgot my username. Chris, I'll pop by for some drinks that Tuesday.

Haven't been meeting new people for a while.

ChrisCH
Regular
Regular

Postby ChrisCH » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 2:32 pm

Awesome, looks like we are getting a group together for Tuesday. To everyone - if you are planning on joining, please just drop a short line here, so I roughly have an idea how much space we will need.

Thanks and see you!

fletch

Postby fletch » Sun, 08 Sep 2013 4:36 pm

Hey Chris. I'll drop by for a couple of drinks too.

Cheers

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Postby MitulP » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 1:13 pm

Hey guys,

Good shout - I'll try to drop by as well for one as well.

Will you be easy to spot??

Cheers.

ChrisCH
Regular
Regular

Postby ChrisCH » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 5:58 pm

MitulP wrote:
Will you be easy to spot??

Yes, easy: I'll be the ONE guy in the bar not wearing a white shirt and black pants...

So it looks we have some 5-10 casual "yes"... which should be enough and anyone deciding short notice: Just join.

I know that it's hard to plan it, but I'd be happy if some people show up around 18.30 and I won't have to sit around for the first 30 mins or so alone...

If anyone is so new in SG that you are worried to find the way or miss us - send me your mobile number by PM...

mre

Postby mre » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 9:52 pm

Count me in. See you guys there!

DrPaulMasters

Postby DrPaulMasters » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:57 pm

me too

trebleclef81

Postby trebleclef81 » Tue, 10 Sep 2013 2:14 pm

Chris, can you give your name to the staff at the bar so people can identify you? Once you are joined by one or two it'd be hard to tell who's who. I assume white shirts black pants is a jibe at the bankers.

I'll be there at 1830 easily, lace shirt, black skirt.

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Postby MitulP » Tue, 10 Sep 2013 3:20 pm

Should be there at 6.30pm too.

Grey trousers, grey-ish shirt, blue tie

ChrisCH
Regular
Regular

Postby ChrisCH » Tue, 10 Sep 2013 5:58 pm

trebleclef81 wrote:Chris, can you give your name to the staff at the bar so people can identify you? Once you are joined by one or two it'd be hard to tell who's who. I assume white shirts black pants is a jibe at the bankers.

I'll be there at 1830 easily, lace shirt, black skirt.

I went by the bar yesterday to check how full it gets... yesterday there were maybe three or four tables in use... AFAIK is Tuesdays the least busy night of the week. I picked this bar on purpose instead of some of the more busy ones nearby as it should be harder to miss the group.

I will give my name to the staff but: I am a European guy with a shaved head, will be wearing a black shirt and jeans. I'll probably take a table outside, so it should be really easy to spot. I'll do my best to smile at anyone passing by, especially if they are wearing a lace shirt and skirt...