Singapore Expats

Question regarding DP when moving from EP to PEP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ludwig12

Question regarding DP when moving from EP to PEP

Post by ludwig12 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have been in Singapore for 1 year and am currently holding EP(P1) and meets the PEP eligibility criteria, my children's DP were applied by my company. If my application for PEP was successful, do I need to re-apply DP for my children? I did a search and saw one of the poster mentioned it is as simple as a couple mouse clicks but want to make sure. Appreciate if someone who has gone through this can share some details. Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Question regarding DP when moving from EP to PEP

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:20 pm

ludwig12 wrote:Hi,

I have been in Singapore for 1 year and am currently holding EP(P1) and meets the PEP eligibility criteria, my children's DP were applied by my company. If my application for PEP was successful, do I need to re-apply DP for my children? I did a search and saw one of the poster mentioned it is as simple as a couple mouse clicks but want to make sure. Appreciate if someone who has gone through this can share some details. Thanks.
Yes when your PEP is approved, you would surely need to change the DP from the old DP and link them to your PEP.

This can be done in 2 ways

When you apply online for your PEP, you can choose to apply DP using the same PEP application for them. This is the simplest way.

Alternative way, is for you to apply PEP for yourself and when approved, apply DP for your children. But note that in this case, the DP application under PEP has to be submitted manually (paper based application) and the processing may take up to 5 weeks.

Good Luck!

ludwig12

Re: Question regarding DP when moving from EP to PEP

Post by ludwig12 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:30 pm

Yes when your PEP is approved, you would surely need to change the DP from the old DP and link them to your PEP.

This can be done in 2 ways

When you apply online for your PEP, you can choose to apply DP using the same PEP application for them. This is the simplest way.

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to apply online? The MOM web site says that "Submit the completed Personalised Employment Pass application form and supporting documents in person at any SingPost post office (MOM-appointed collecting agent)." It didn't mention anything about an online application. Did I miss something?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 1:16 pm

It used be a "few clicks" simple online process until Nov 2012. But after the new conditions for PEP came into effect, its been changed to a manual process.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 1:47 pm

It has always had a manual process before the new conditions kicked in! I know coz I did mine manually. Got approved in less than 2 weeks from time of submission to response.
Wd40 wrote:It used be a "few clicks" simple online process until Nov 2012. But after the new conditions for PEP came into effect, its been changed to a manual process.
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 2:58 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:It has always had a manual process before the new conditions kicked in! I know coz I did mine manually. Got approved in less than 2 weeks from time of submission to response.
Wd40 wrote:It used be a "few clicks" simple online process until Nov 2012. But after the new conditions for PEP came into effect, its been changed to a manual process.
You're wrong, I did mine online in Feb 2012. The only manually part was I had to go to the community center and sign a form to get a Singpass ID. It was almost as easy as paying taxes.

When I did mine, I checked a box which said something to the effect of "Also apply for DPs for any existing DPs associated with my current EP".

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 3:02 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:It has always had a manual process before the new conditions kicked in! I know coz I did mine manually. Got approved in less than 2 weeks from time of submission to response.
You're wrong, I did mine online in Feb 2012. The only manually part was I had to go to the community center and sign a form to get a Singpass ID. It was almost as easy as paying taxes.

When I did mine, I checked a box which said something to the effect of "Also apply for DPs for any existing DPs associated with my current EP".
As said by Wd40, I guess the only option is to apply manually for PEP now.

http://ifaq.mom.gov.sg/AskMOM/CustomerP ... sID=589340

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 3:17 pm

I was one of the last people to get the PEP under the old rule. At the time I had applied, the new rule was already out but the effective date was like 15 days away. :)

I applied online and the process was just like what ZZM said and I remember reading the notice that the online process was to be outdated effective the same date as the new rules getting kicked in.

ludwig12

Post by ludwig12 » Wed, 04 Sep 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot for the responses. I also called MOM and here is the response, in case it is useful to others:

1. Manual process is the only way.
2. DP needs to be re-applied.
3. Their recommendation is that I should apply for my PEP first, once successful, follow up with DP application.

Have a good day, all.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 9:57 pm

Well then i would not have gotten my PEP!

I had to print out the completed form and post it.
zzm9980 wrote:
You're wrong, I .….

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 10:45 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:Well then i would not have gotten my PEP!

I had to print out the completed form and post it.
zzm9980 wrote:
You're wrong, I .….
You may have had to, but the point we're trying to make is that It has not always been a manual process; hence your earlier statement was incorrect. I received a letter from MOM in 2007 inviting me to apply online for a PEP, which I did - no posting of forms required. Obviously the situation is different nowadays, but in the interests of keeping the information here factual we have been trying to point out how the PEP application process worked in earlier times.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:13 pm

In fact, for a while, new P1 EP holders got a letter shortly after the issuance of their P1 pass inviting them to apply for the PEP. It was a quick & easy online experience as they had just been vetted for P1 passes and the income criteria was the same at that time. It wasn't until later, once MOM got wind of the abuses that were being done with the PEP (just a visa to keep from having to leave the country in 30 days after losing their EP) that they reverted to manual forms and documentary evidence to more closely vet the applicants.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:31 pm

Your situation is way off fr OP's and it's new info but good to know!
Mi Amigo wrote:[I received a letter from MOM in 2007 inviting me to apply online for a PEP, which I did - no posting of forms required. Obviously the situation is different nowadays, but in the interests of keeping the information here factual we have been trying to point out how the PEP application process worked in earlier times.