Singapore Expats

Singapore PR for Brit - Any advise helpful

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:59 am

Like any board, we do get the occasional one and normally the regulars sort them out. If they persist, we take care of the problem but unless they are out and out trolls or recalcitrant hardnoses we try to assimilate them but if they cannot abide, we will ban them. We are getting a lot at the moment from the old Angry Board which apparently has shut down or is otherwise broken. Some are coming from there and their old habits die hard. We operate differently than most boards as the moderators are given a great degree of flexibility. We are also regular board member and were before we became moderators. You will notice we generally sign off as moderator in different color text when we put on our moderator caps. Otherwise, we are regular posters free to post our feelings as well. And we call each other to task as well because of the simple fact that we are all human. ;-)

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:11 am

Ok noted MS! labelling them scums was way off i admit. whilst no excuses i could not figure why the angry response fr OP which was not necessary. hence the labelling!

So will use sarcasm in the near future and no more racist attacks :)
Mad Scientist wrote:..... . But methinks, racially abusing someone because of colour should be put a stop

Yet again, what do I know , cos I am MAD
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:19 am

Thanks, yoga. I and everybody else will appreciate it. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 1:36 pm

+1 :)
nutnut

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 9:03 pm

What the f- happened here :???: :???: :shock:

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Tue, 03 Sep 2013 9:31 pm

izzit over oredi :roll:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 4:01 pm

I can come out and play now? :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 4:51 pm

Tis over. Sometimes people let bulldog mouths overload hummingbird arses.

:shit: occasionally.

BoroBoy
Regular
Regular

Post by BoroBoy » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 7:07 pm

I can understand the existing PR's being annoyed with people milking the system but after only 6 months in a country who really who is going to care that much about the country and want to be loyal to it? its not really human nature.

If Singapore want to stop PR abuse I cant understand why they just dont put a 7 year time limit on before applying like they do in HK. That will weed most people out who just want to abuse the system and will give others a specific goal to aim for rather than it be up in the air.

7 years is also enough time to encourage commitment and loyalty to the country.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 7:21 pm

BoroBoy wrote:I can understand the existing PR's being annoyed with people milking the system but after only 6 months in a country who really who is going to care that much about the country and want to be loyal to it? its not really human nature.

If Singapore want to stop PR abuse I cant understand why they just dont put a 7 year time limit on before applying like they do in HK. That will weed most people out who just want to abuse the system and will give others a specific goal to aim for rather than it be up in the air.

7 years is also enough time to encourage commitment and loyalty to the country.
Yes indeed - clear, transparent rules would help a lot, as would a minimum years of residency requirement. Fully agree that it should be done, it would make things a lot easier.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 9:02 pm

Is Singapore competitive enough (broad set of factors) to have people queuing for 7 years to get the PR status? I doubt it. They are probably much better off with the current, semi transparent system even if it is frequently abused.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Sep 2013 9:19 pm

By the system being semi-transparent, it allow the gahment to tweak the system depending on circumstances at any given time and economic condition or outlook. Probably better this way as it gives them the flexibility they need, considering their small size.