Singapore Expats

Singapore PR for Brit - Any advise helpful

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
adi_

Singapore PR for Brit - Any advise helpful

Post by adi_ » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Guys - I am looking to apply for PR in Singapore and wanted to check what your thoughts are on what my chances are like.
About Me: British Citizen (Indian by Race), work for an Investment Bank. My Annual Basic Salary is >200K SGD. (excluding any add ins or Bonus). am married.
Have a Masters degree from UK and US (Ivy League). My Wife has a double masters (she is a home maker).
Have been in Singapore since June 13, and will apply for PR in Feb/Mar next year. Am on a P1 EP at the moment, really like singapore and can see myself raising a family
here.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any input on what my chances are,to get a PR in Sinagpore. Not interested in getting a Singapore passport or citizenship at all.

Any answers/advise helpful.

Thanks in Advance

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:08 pm

adi_ wrote:Hi Guys - I am looking to apply for PR in Singapore and wanted to check what your thoughts are on what my chances are like.
About Me: British Citizen (Indian by Race), work for an Investment Bank. My Annual Basic Salary is >200K SGD. (excluding any add ins or Bonus). am married.
Have a Masters degree from UK and US (Ivy League). My Wife has a double masters (she is a home maker).
Have been in Singapore since June 13, and will apply for PR in Feb/Mar next year. Am on a P1 EP at the moment, really like singapore and can see myself raising a family
here.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any input on what my chances are,to get a PR in Sinagpore. Not interested in getting a Singapore passport or citizenship at all.

Any answers/advise helpful.

Thanks in Advance
Wait for 2-3 years.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

adi_

Post by adi_ » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:24 pm

Yikes!!, are you serious...I would say thats a long wait, any specific chain of thought....that suggests I should wait for 2-3 years. The key bit with PR is I cna switch jobs at will if I find something better and also gives more security...

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:29 pm

adi_ wrote:Yikes!!, are you serious...I would say thats a long wait, any specific chain of thought....that suggests I should wait for 2-3 years. The key bit with PR is I cna switch jobs at will if I find something better and also gives more security...
If you're not interested in taking PR to become a SC then piss off.

(At least that's the view of the ICA according to TRE).

Seriously just go away. We don't want people like you freak up the PR system anymore.
Last edited by PNGMK on Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:30 pm

PEP is not tied to a job so allows you to switch. Lasts for 3 years. Apply for PR after that. At least then you are showing some time spent in Sg.

Do a search on PR if you don't understand why.

adi_

Post by adi_ » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:41 pm

are you always a p***k or is today a special day for you, I am asking a question if you cant help then keep your gob shut dude, i want to know the reason why i need to wait for 2-3 years. what a knob!!
PNGMK wrote:
adi_ wrote:Yikes!!, are you serious...I would say thats a long wait, any specific chain of thought....that suggests I should wait for 2-3 years. The key bit with PR is I cna switch jobs at will if I find something better and also gives more security...
If you're not interested in taking PR to become a SC then piss off.

(At least that's the view of the ICA according to TRE).

Seriously just go away. We don't want people like you freak up the PR system anymore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:55 pm

adi_ wrote:are you always a p***k or is today a special day for you, I am asking a question if you cant help then keep your gob shut dude, i want to know the reason why i need to wait for 2-3 years. what a knob!!
adi, have you done any research on this forum yet? There are numerous posts as to why and why not on here. From the git go, the application requests that you should submit the last 2 or 3 Singapore Tax Assessments. In order for you to do that you would need to be here at least 2 years.

Secondly, not enough information. Were you sent here by your employer? If so, then the odds are highly against you, aside from your ethnicity. The rest? Sounds good, except for the fact that you want nothing more than to abuse the system like so many of your ethnic diaspora who are overseas. For those of us who are PERMANENT residents, your attitude and those like you, have caused us a lot of grief in the past 5 years, by abusing/milking the system to the point that now the government is taking things away from us that we have enjoyed in some cases for up to 20 or 30 years. So you cannot blame those of us, whom you are inadvertently hurting by your actions, from being rather pissed off when one blatantly states their intentions are only to milk the system. Sadly, I have to agree with PNGMK.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Local Talent

Post by Local Talent » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:21 pm

@adi

I think your chances of getting PR is extremely high , but you have to tell ICA
officer that you won't be interested in getting Singapore passport or citizenship.
Good luck.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:45 pm

What a load of crap, Local Talent. Are you deliberately giving out bullsh*t to our readers to sabo them? That could get you permanently busted.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:01 pm

Local Talent wrote:@adi

I think your chances of getting PR is extremely high , but you have to tell ICA
officer that you won't be interested in getting Singapore passport or citizenship.
Good luck.
Is that meant be sarcastic :P
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

guyg

Post by guyg » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 2:28 am

I feel compelled to disagree with you SMS and PNGBK. Firstly in what way has the op given any intent to "abuse/milk the system"? He has said he is looking to start a family and wants job security almost the exact same reason why I have applied for PR except i already have a young family to support and grow. Secondly I know of and i suspect you also know of people who applied and have recently been awarded PR via the PTS scheme far sooner than the 2 years you mentioned.

You may well say it is because PR is intended solely as a route to SC, that may be true but the PR step cuts both ways it allows both the government and the individual to get used to living together and in many cases both are happy for the individual or family PR status to persist and many contributors here are serial PRs but do not get labelled abusers.

I applaud bgd and I think he offers very good advice to the op, not quite the same level of security but probably the most sensible next step whilst doing some more research on when best to apply for PR.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 7:03 am

You can disagree. That is your right and you are entitled to it. I might not agree with you, but I'll defend your right to your opinion. I'm obviously not going to say that everything is cut and dried. We ALL know of the occasional case where somebody exceptional breaks out of the standard mold. But, that's not what we do here. We don't try to blow smoke. We have tons of anecdotal evidence that we've accumulated here and this is what we relate. For every ten or twenty that are spot on, there may be one the beats the odds. But that is not what we are going to say is likely to happen.

I think, if you will ask most any PR with over 10 years as PR what constitutes PR abuse, you will find they think exactly as most of us do as well.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sat, 31 Aug 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 1:03 pm

@adi

You need to read the infos a ICA website in order to go forward.
Although 6 months once working you are allowed to apply for residency , this is not the case in most cases.
As a former Gahment officer, I dare say, it varies from 2 to 3 years depending on race, education, salary etc
Some with high income application were rejected but some with low education is allowed.
It is more of ethnic quota system based on the above that I said
Social and geo political situations in SG does not permit the Gahmen to be straight forward in dealing with these issues

What guyg said holds some water too but it gets muddied in every shape and form hence there is no clear cut from the mold type when apply PR in SG
BTW calling other people names does not augur well with me especially when you are the one that needs help.
Name calling are only restricted to forumers that has contributed inputs here and holds a good standing on their credibilities.
Unfortunately Indians are already not the flavour of many months hence the red flag will be raised even before they look at your other credentials
It is up to you to believe what I said coz I know nuts !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 1:36 pm

It's arrogant Indian b*****ds like him that's causing the rising xenophobia in this country.

Look! if you claim to have degrees fr Ivy Leagues why don't you (just like your ethnic folks / leechers) scoot back to the UK or the US or even better, India! Why bother throwing your weight in this country. Peeps in the likes of you are not welcomed nor liked so I agree with PNGMK that you should just piss off!
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 1:46 pm

Best chances are PEP for now if you want job security, that lasts 3 years and if your salary is as you say it is then you will have no issue!

The other thing, PR is not just for switching job, it's meant for people who want to be here permanently, so if you do want to be here permanently, then you should not have an issue with waiting a couple of years!

If you intend to get PR, switch jobs for a few years then leave I tend to agree with PNGMK, but, I'd say it a little more politely probably - Don't go for PR for these reasons you describe, it f*cks things up for the rest of us, have a little thought about us and we may about you.
nutnut