Singapore Expats

PR Application via consultancy

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Sep 2013 6:49 am

I would hope so, else her company is paying her far too much money. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

liveinsgp

Re: PR Application via consultancy

Post by liveinsgp » Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:21 pm

Travelwithme wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 4:03 am
Hello,

I had applied PR sometime ago and it was rejected.

I have lived in singapore for 4 years now.

I am planning to re-apply for PR and this time thinking of applying via consultancy Cayman Group Holdings. I saw ad in google regarding this Group and as per them they have success rate of 90%.

Can anyone let me know is there any better chance of getting PR if applied via a consultancy group like Cayman.

Awaiting reply,
Thanks.

liveinsgp

Post by liveinsgp » Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:22 pm

Travelwithme wrote:
Hello,

I am planning to re-apply for PR and this time thinking of applying via consultancy Cayman Group Holdings. I saw ad in google regarding this Group and as per them they have success rate of 90%.

Can anyone let me know is there any better chance of getting PR if applied via a consultancy group like Cayman.

Awaiting reply,
Thanks.
How consultancies can help us?

liveinsgp

Post by liveinsgp » Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:23 pm

liveinsgp wrote:
Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:22 pm
Travelwithme wrote:
Hello,

Awaiting reply,
Thanks.
How consultancies can help us?
Anyone suggesting to apply PR through consultancies? Everything is neat and clean online process so wondering what consultancies roles are here ? Do they have insider settings with ICA?

jalanjalan
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 2

Post by jalanjalan » Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:59 pm

Nope.

"ICA is aware of commercial entities or consultants who claim they are able to help applicants improve their success in obtaining long-term immigration facilities in Singapore, for example, Singapore Citizenship, Permanent Residence and Long-Term Immigration Passes.

ICA does not support nor endorse the services offered by these commercial entities or consultants."

Source: https://www.ica.gov.sg/public-education ... l-entities

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hopeislife » Mon, 11 Mar 2024 1:15 pm

liveinsgp wrote:
Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:23 pm
Do they have insider settings with ICA?
Really? Do you think these pr consultancies can have insider settings with ICA? come on, livinsgp, this is singapore. It is like you are belittling ICA. Those consultancies only make use of your desperation to lure people like you to come to them and make you pay the money for the false promise of getting you a pr. Like you have already said, there is nothing extra that these consultancies can say about you.

Moreover, if you go through consultancies, they have access to almost every information of you and your family. Its like you have to give all your confidential information to some third person. Although the chance of misusing your information is less, still the idea of giving my whole personal details (sometimes more than what you even give to ica) kind of discourages me to even think of going through consultancies.

liveinsgp

Post by liveinsgp » Tue, 12 Mar 2024 2:08 pm

hopeislife wrote:
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 1:15 pm
liveinsgp wrote:
Sun, 10 Mar 2024 8:23 pm
Do they have insider settings with ICA?
Really? Do you think these pr consultancies can have insider settings with ICA? come on, livinsgp, this is singapore. It is like you are belittling ICA. Those consultancies only make use of your desperation to lure people like you to come to them and make you pay the money for the false promise of getting you a pr. Like you have already said, there is nothing extra that these consultancies can say about you.

Moreover, if you go through consultancies, they have access to almost every information of you and your family. Its like you have to give all your confidential information to some third person. Although the chance of misusing your information is less, still the idea of giving my whole personal details (sometimes more than what you even give to ica) kind of discourages me to even think of going through consultancies.
I see and infact my thought is similar.. these consultancies has lot of promises .. I will be better beware of these consultancies.. thanks for in lighting..

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 12 Mar 2024 2:48 pm

Immigration agencies appear to have “high success rates” because they only accept candidates who can get PR on their own in the first place! They will not accept candidates who will be rejected ‘cos it will lower their success rates.

Agencies are just glorified form-fillers, that’s all. They add zero value. If you can read and write simple English, the application form is very straightforward.

aquanav

Post by aquanav » Wed, 13 Mar 2024 2:55 pm

Travelwithme wrote:
Hello,

Awaiting reply,
Thanks.
Hi

Like many who have replied above, I wouldn't recommend wasting money on a consultant. It's a straightforward form, you just need to read the FAQs and fill-up the form correctly. This forum has a treasure trove of information for you to refer to.

Ironically, the "Relocating, Moving to Singapore" section is sponsored by a PR Consultancy 🙃