Singapore Expats

Preschools in somerset

Discuss the many options of preschools and which suits your children.
Berry life

Preschools in somerset

Post by Berry life » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:01 am

We recently moved to the somerset area and looking for preschool for my 5year old. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. I am near killney road so would prefer somewhere we can walk to or a short ride away.

Thanks!

lenovo

Post by lenovo » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:42 pm

hi there, we live in tanglin area and my son goes to a preschool nearby. he's been there for the past 3 years and he's very happy :)
since your child is 5 years old, you might want to start looking for primary school as well. if you're interested in International Schools, then maybe you can start sending your child to iss/chatsworth/ofs, that way, your child won't have to transfer to another school in a year or two.
pm me if you have more questions.

natalietarno

Preschools Near Somerset

Post by natalietarno » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 7:16 pm

This is probably too late for you to use, as you've probably found a good school by now, but I'll post for others who may be interested.

We also live on River Valley Rd. close to the Somerset MRT. We were looking for a preschool / nursery school / kindergarten for a boy who would be bored with solely a play-based developmental program. We were looking for a highly nurturing place with parents who spend time with their kids and where the kids are well-behaved. Most of all, we were looking for a place that our son would love. We looked at a number of places in the River Valley area, mainly pricey private nursery programs. All of them were fine. We ended up choosing JHS Montessori at the Valley Point Tower because we were so taken by the principal, Ms. Nicole Lit. She is the sweetest, warmest person who you just want to hug. Her teachers are also wonderful. Most importantly, the program ended up being exactly what we were looking for - a warm and nurturing place that my son loved going to. He made good friends, loved his teachers and now that we've graduated, he says he will miss his school and Ms. Nicole. Impressively, we never felt like the school was run "like a business." The school always did everything with the best interest of our son and to make our lives easier. The same comment goes for the school bus driver and all of the extracurricular teachers. They were all wonderful! We feel very lucky to have had our son at JHS Montessori.
Hamsterwheelmom

Return to “Preschools”