Singapore Expats Forum

looking to get ripped. eating out dos and donts.

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 1:32 pm

the lynx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Yeah, the volume of tea served at Kopitiams here, easily serves 2 people. If I have tea at kopitiams, I have only half and just leave the rest. But most often, I make tea at home. 2 spoons of sugar and about 30ml of milk. I have only twice a day. I used to have 4 times a day, sometime ago though.


OMG that's a lot! :shock:


Thats about 50 calories each cup. Why is it a lot?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 1:40 pm

Oh I drink mine strong. No sugar, no milk, just tea leaves and water.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 1:44 pm

the lynx wrote:Oh I drink mine strong. No sugar, no milk, just tea leaves and water.


I hate oriental Asians. Their diet and fitness give me a complex. :x :)

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 1:51 pm

Wd40 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Oh I drink mine strong. No sugar, no milk, just tea leaves and water.


I hate oriental Asians. Their diet and fitness give me a complex. :x :)


:mrgreen:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:19 pm

I'm not Asian, but I've always drank my tea strong and black as well. (don't do coffee at all).

As far as "Oriental" Asian fitness is concerned, Lynx is an exception to the average. ;-)

The vast majority here are not "fit". Thin/slender, yes, but fit? Nah. Do a body fat test and they are way up there. Little, if any, muscle tone at all.

User avatar
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2006
Location: Darkest Telok Blangah
Contact:

Postby Addadude » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:28 pm

With 2 spoons of sugar and about 30ml of milk, not to mention the water, i don't know why you bother adding tea!

"Would you like some tea with your milk and sugar?"
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:30 pm

Addadude wrote:With 2 spoons of sugar and about 30ml of milk, not to mention the water, i don't know why you bother adding tea!

"Would you like some tea with your milk and sugar?"


Ok lah! Lets not call it tea. Lets call it Teh Si or Chai :)

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013

Postby Fortan » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm not Asian, but I've always drank my tea strong and black as well. (don't do coffee at all).

As far as "Oriental" Asian fitness is concerned, Lynx is an exception to the average. ;-)

The vast majority here are not "fit". Thin/slender, yes, but fit? Nah. Do a body fat test and they are way up there. Little, if any, muscle tone at all.


You can be quite skinny and still be fat...

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:49 pm

Fortan wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm not Asian, but I've always drank my tea strong and black as well. (don't do coffee at all).

As far as "Oriental" Asian fitness is concerned, Lynx is an exception to the average. ;-)

The vast majority here are not "fit". Thin/slender, yes, but fit? Nah. Do a body fat test and they are way up there. Little, if any, muscle tone at all.


You can be quite skinny and still be fat...


Atleast, they look better than pot bellied out of shape people.

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013

Postby Fortan » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:52 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Fortan wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm not Asian, but I've always drank my tea strong and black as well. (don't do coffee at all).

As far as "Oriental" Asian fitness is concerned, Lynx is an exception to the average. ;-)

The vast majority here are not "fit". Thin/slender, yes, but fit? Nah. Do a body fat test and they are way up there. Little, if any, muscle tone at all.


You can be quite skinny and still be fat...


Atleast, they look in better shape than pot bellied out of shape people.


Depends on how you look at them. Thin people can often be way more unhealthy than mildly over weight people. I read this definition of skinny fat the other day.

A person who is not overweight and have skinny look but still have a high fat percentage and low muscular mass. Usually those people have a low caloric diet, that's why they are skinny, but are not involved in any sports activities or trainings and that's why they don’t have any muscle. Since between the bone and the skin those people only have fat, the skin can be deformed easily because the skin layer is located on an unstable matter (fat).

Skinny fat woman look sexy from a certain distance but they have soft jelly skin and still have some cellulite even if they are in there early 20.

The Antonym of ‘Skinny fat’ could be ‘Fit’ or ‘Tight’ or ‘Athletic’.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 2:56 pm

Besides, it takes a lot to control your cravings and remain so thin. I mean, people say Singapore food is great then how come man people can control themselves and be so thin.

Indian's food is great and just look at them :cool:

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013

Postby Fortan » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 3:01 pm

I had a colleague once who openly in the office stated that he often went to eat at KFC because chicken is lean and healthy....

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 3:03 pm

Blame the genetics?

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013

Postby Fortan » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 3:09 pm

Image[/img]

Pete_N
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby Pete_N » Fri, 01 Nov 2013 5:27 pm

DrPaulMasters wrote:Hi l1ncs,

One of the most important factors in weight gain is the timing of meals. Skipping breakfast, a light lunch and then a heavy supper means that your body is full of calories, but isn't using them, so it turns them into fat. A good breakfast, a regular lunch and a light supper means that the majority of the calories have been consumed whilst the metabolism is active, and you are less likely to gain weight.

The second important factor is snacking. The coffee here is regularly served with approximately 50% of your calorie needs in each cup.

Paul


Wow. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. But then again, you're not a doctor as evident by your signature.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests