Singapore Expats

Good hospital for maternity

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
parivinu

Good hospital for maternity

Post by parivinu » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,

I am basically from india and bee in singapore for the last couple of months.
I am 13 weeks pregnant. currently I am visiting Thomson medical center for consultation. Visiting Dr W.K.Tan from W.C cheng associates. She is good and the hospital is also good.however the every visit I need to pay min. 160$-200$. recently I went thru OSCAR test and they charged around 600$ including consltation. which I feel very expensive compare to India.

me and my husband are on EP.neither my company nor my husband's company will reimburse the materinity expenses.

Now I am thinking of changing to the hospital where they cost less compare to others..Please suggest me hospitals.

Please let me know what is the total cost of delivery for a person who is on EP. if it is expensive i am also thinking of having delivery in India.

If so Please let me know which hospital or clinic good with reasonable price and nice for consultation.

your replies would be very helpful to me ..

Thanks
Pari

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:32 pm

Where are you from the rest of the time?

KK womens & childrens hospital? Not much cheaper but government hospitals generally are somewhat cheaper than private hospitals. However, having said that, none are going to be anywhere near to the inexpensiveness of India.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Help me in finding gud hospital for maternity

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:33 pm

parivinu wrote:Hi,

I am basically from india and bee in singapore for the last couple of months.
I am 13 weeks pregnant. currently I am visiting Thomson medical center for consultation. Visiting Dr W.K.Tan from W.C cheng associates. She is good and the hospital is also good.however the every visit I need to pay min. 160$-200$. recently I went thru OSCAR test and they charged around 600$ including consltation. which I feel very expensive compare to India.

me and my husband are on EP.neither my company nor my husband's company will reimburse the materinity expenses.

Now I am thinking of changing to the hospital where they cost less compare to others..Please suggest me hospitals.

Please let me know what is the total cost of delivery for a person who is on EP. if it is expensive i am also thinking of having delivery in India.

If so Please let me know which hospital or clinic good with reasonable price and nice for consultation.

your replies would be very helpful to me ..

Thanks
Pari
it is expensive here .. all over, including govt hospitals, especially since you can't get Subsidy as an EP Holder

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Where are you from the rest of the time?

KK womens & childrens hospital? Not much cheaper but government hospitals generally are somewhat cheaper than private hospitals. However, having said that, none are going to be anywhere near to the inexpensiveness of India.
KK will be the lowest for a non SC (my wife had urgent surgery there as a tourist and the bill was ok).

You could consider Johor or going back home.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 4:35 pm

PNGMK wrote:You could consider Johor or going back home.
Even heading up to KL maybe much much cheaper and better facilities for the cost ;)

sgexpats

Post by sgexpats » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 2:11 am

sad to say, hospital bill here in Singapore is expensive.

Normal delivery range around 3K-4K.
If Caesarean is needed, at least 4.5K
Above is just hospital fee, dr fee is not included.
Total cost might be around 8-10K for caesarean.

Pre-natal package, ultrasound range around 2K.

There are more cost after birth.
Follow up visit, baby vaccinations....

Be prepared.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 9:40 am

There is one reason, you must consider delivering in Singapore, even though its expensive. The doctors in India are more than happy to force C-Section upon you just because they can make a little more money. Its really pathetic.

In India, if the 1st baby is C-Section, the doctors straightaway write off a normal delivery for the next baby. Whereas in Singapore, I know a live example. My colleague's wife delivered 1st baby in India, it was C-Section and the 2nd baby in Singapore, normal.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 9:34 am

Wd40 wrote:There is one reason, you must consider delivering in Singapore, even though its expensive. The doctors in India are more than happy to force C-Section upon you just because they can make a little more money. Its really pathetic.
Not sure if you know any doctors, but .. from what I hear, doctors prefer to do C Section - not always to make money .. some times or most times, it is to reduce the pain of natural delivery .. or so I heard ..

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:02 am

the mother can decide whether she want to C Section or normal.

In the past, doctor (in private hospital) do prefer C section but now prefer normal.

KKHS will go for normal unless the pregnancy has some difficulty