Singapore Expats

Driving license conversion

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Driving license conversion

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 1:18 pm

Found several topics on the subject but none that reference this.

I am thinking about converting my foreign driving license to a Singapore one. However, I found a link on one of the other threads (now locked so I could not add my comments there).

The web site is eCitizen and under converting a foreign license it says:

'To continue driving in Singapore after 12 months of staying here (from the date of your last entry into Singapore), you must obtain a valid Singapore driving licence'.

Although I doubt it is that simple it suggests to me that providing I travel regularly in and out of Singapore (which I do) I can drive on my existing foreign driving license indefinitely.

Comments?

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 1:22 pm

Apologies cancel that. Just found this quote on a Government site

Foreigners

A foreigner above 18 years of age and holding a Work Pass/Dependent Pass/Student Pass may drive in Singapore with a valid class 3, 3A or 2B foreign licence, for a period of not more than 12 months. A Singapore driving licence is required after 12 months. Those on short term social visit may drive with their foreign licence for up to 12 months each time they enter into Singapore