Singapore Expats

Nurse Jobs for Expat Wife

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
derby01

Nurse Jobs for Expat Wife

Post by derby01 » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 7:31 pm

Hi , I am an expat working here in Singapore. My wife is an Nurse who recently arrived in Singapore (in DP ) trying to find a job in Nursing profile...she is having a 3 yrs of experience in her domain, and been trying to apply for many nursing jobs here in SG, but couldn't get through.....as most of the jobs JD here it says..its only for PR or SC...we even walked in to few hospitals in person and met the HR people and dropped a copy of resume to them....but we haven't heard anything from them yet...:(........ !!!!! can someone give any suggestion/idea on how and where to approach to get an job for her?

Would highly appreciate if i get any reference/contact for the same as well.

thanks in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nurse Jobs for Expat Wife

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 9:06 am

derby01 wrote:Hi , I am an expat working here in Singapore. My wife is an Nurse who recently arrived in Singapore (in DP ) trying to find a job in Nursing profile...she is having a 3 yrs of experience in her domain, and been trying to apply for many nursing jobs here in SG, but couldn't get through.....as most of the jobs JD here it says..its only for PR or SC...we even walked in to few hospitals in person and met the HR people and dropped a copy of resume to them....but we haven't heard anything from them yet...:(........ !!!!! can someone give any suggestion/idea on how and where to approach to get an job for her?

Would highly appreciate if i get any reference/contact for the same as well.

thanks in advance.
Well, this was asked before

Where do you hail from ?

BTW, nursing jobs don't pay well, unless the candidate is good enough to convince a private hospital to go the whole 9 yards in the paperwork etc.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 9:34 am

I would talk to nursing agencies - my ex is a nurse and that was a decent paying option for her.

However nursing here is a bit like taxi driving - sort of reserved for SC's and PR's and FT's from certain countries - it doesn't seem to be an open profession.

There's also the issue of having her EN/RN registration or licence converted. EN's are time served apprentice nurses here and RN's are time served / degree holding nurses.

derby01

Post by derby01 » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:34 am

thank you guys for the inputs....@ecureilx-- i hails from india..i understand that nursing jobs doesnt has much pay then other jobs...in my case pay is not a matter as the job needed only to keep her profile active by working continously without having a break in her [email protected] are right...RN can be done only if you have a valid job offer from the local hospitals(as per the SNB policy)along with the necessary work experience and degree.....i will talk to few agencies here and move on further....thank you again guys for your suggestion and thoughts...!!!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:46 am

derby01 wrote:thank you guys for the inputs....@ecureilx-- i hails from india..i understand that nursing jobs doesnt has much pay then other jobs...in my case pay is not a matter as the job needed only to keep her profile active by working continously without having a break in her [email protected] are right...RN can be done only if you have a valid job offer from the local hospitals(as per the SNB policy)along with the necessary work experience and degree.....i will talk to few agencies here and move on further....thank you again guys for your suggestion and thoughts...!!!!
she may have better luck in the Hospice, but most work is a care giver .. if you want her to work . period

For nursing jobs, you are on the right track .. talk to agencies, especially those who are operating in India ..

Hospitals here rarely recruit locally, as agents take care of all paperwork and stuff.

SingBoy

Post by SingBoy » Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:22 pm

@ecureilx: Does Singapore have any specific job for lpn? What about the average salary? Any suggestion or advice? Thank you.
I am Nurse