Singapore Expats

SingPost tops in the world?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 9:04 pm

Who is fining them? kind of weird don't you think?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 8:37 am

stiwi wrote:Singpost has been fined:
http://bit.ly/166F0ug

Overall I like Singpost, compared to some other institutions (e.g. Banks) I generally find the staff to be helpful and well trained. Regardless of branch I am always served with a smile and efficiency. They even give me a call whenever my po box is getting full.
And I noticed that most of the staff manning the counters in Singpost outlets are retirees so I appreciate their experience and maturity when it comes to customer service. They may be a little bit slow but by my experience, they are worlds better than the yuppie-wannabes who roll their eyes, act indifferent and stick to Facebook on their mobiles on the job.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:20 am

stiwi wrote:Singpost has been fined:
http://bit.ly/166F0ug

Overall I like Singpost, compared to some other institutions (e.g. Banks) I generally find the staff to be helpful and well trained. Regardless of branch I am always served with a smile and efficiency. They even give me a call whenever my po box is getting full.

well, just when I was thinking Singpost is getting ok .. I had another run in ..

Tried an international top up, and for the first time, it worked

Second time, my money was taken by Singpost, and no top up received

Emailed Singpost, and promptly a reply comes, "your transaction is successful, you will receive your top up in 24 hours" and I went, "I did this transaction last week, it is much more than 24 hours .. make it like 144 hours"

And I promptly get a reply "we have completed the transaction, do check with your service provider" and I went again "how do I ask my service provider if I don't even have any reference or anything to ask them " ? I had a valid question here, since I found out they use a service called O Mobile to load overseas numbers. I should have some reference to approach my service provider, as to which provider attempted the load .. right ?

Silence, and then a feedback form asking me to shower praise on the prompt turn around ..

Gave up and finally managed to call 1605, and a guy says "oh sirrr, the Officer is not trained to handle SAM Machine issues. She is from a different department. Now, we will get this resolved in 24 hours .. "

And next day, "please send us a scanned copy of the receipt" and I called the guy .. and well, I told him, forget the load, give me back my money and let's call it even. Which said "I will confirm that also, in 24 hours"

Now I am watching for my next 24 hours to end ..

iamsen
Regular
Regular

Post by iamsen » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 5:03 am

Japan post delivers up to 9pm, Monday to Sunday, everyday, public holidays included. They even deliver during the New Year. Try asking Singaporeans to work on CNY/Hari raya/etc.

The local post office closes around 5~7pm depending on location, but the regional (district?) sorting center is open 24 hours. You can collect your missed packages, or even make a delivery.

If anything, JPost is a little too efficient. That's why they're in the red. They're a public service, not a business (though they were forcefully privatised a few years back).

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:00 am

I've given up posting international parcels (gifts mainly) to Australia. They never get there - I guess their being stolen somewhere - not necessarily by Singpost but somewhere.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:10 am

PNGMK wrote:I've given up posting international parcels (gifts mainly) to Australia. They never get there - I guess their being stolen somewhere - not necessarily by Singpost but somewhere.
ah .. some courier to Philippines do something nice now .. they take a snap of the recipient and email to you :D So you know who picked it up ;)

Maybe somebody did pick up and forgot to tell you ?? :D :D

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:54 am

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:I've given up posting international parcels (gifts mainly) to Australia. They never get there - I guess their being stolen somewhere - not necessarily by Singpost but somewhere.
ah .. some courier to Philippines do something nice now .. they take a snap of the recipient and email to you :D So you know who picked it up ;)

In normal parcel post?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:09 am

PNGMK wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

In normal parcel post?
I thought DHL held the contract with Singpost to handle international parcel shipments?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:22 am

PNGMK wrote:In normal parcel post?
Not singpost, sorry for not making it clear !

it was one of those Kababayan box companies ..
Strong Eagle wrote:I thought DHL held the contract with Singpost to handle international parcel shipments?
That's only for speed post express ...

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:52 am

We use LBC in Lucky Plaza to send boxes of stuff to my wife's family in Philippines. The service is very good but I don't know how price competitive they are.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:59 am

Steve1960 wrote:We use LBC in Lucky Plaza to send boxes of stuff to my wife's family in Philippines. The service is very good but I don't know how price competitive they are.
LBC is NOT very cheap, and the price difference is marginal anyway, but they are reasonably safer compared to others .. and they deliver on time .. :)

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:47 pm

Yes they seem expensive but the box gets there on time with all the contents still inside :wink:

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 3:07 pm

Singpost is terrible and their service centre (outsourced for definite) is abysmal. I've sent 2 parcels to the UK both of which were lost. Amazingly, they both got signed for in the UK, but on speaking to customer service 19 and 25 business days later I was told it's not Singposts' responsibility to provide details of who signed or what happens to the parcel once it leaves Singapore.

Frustrating when it's stuff that has little monetary value, but is a pain to replace.

Typical Singapore service if you ask me - quick to take your money, non-existent ownership / redress when things go wrong.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 3:23 pm

BillyB wrote:Singpost is terrible and their service centre (outsourced for definite) is abysmal. I've sent 2 parcels to the UK both of which were lost. Amazingly, they both got signed for in the UK, but on speaking to customer service 19 and 25 business days later I was told it's not Singposts' responsibility to provide details of who signed or what happens to the parcel once it leaves Singapore.

Frustrating when it's stuff that has little monetary value, but is a pain to replace.

Typical Singapore service if you ask me - quick to take your money, non-existent ownership / redress when things go wrong.
I have to agree. We've agreed in this family not to use them again until we see some improvement. We've lost at least 4 gifts (both inbound but more outbound) in 12 months that we know of and God knows how many we don't know about.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 3:39 pm

PNGMK wrote:
BillyB wrote:Singpost is terrible and their service centre (outsourced for definite) is abysmal. I've sent 2 parcels to the UK both of which were lost. Amazingly, they both got signed for in the UK, but on speaking to customer service 19 and 25 business days later I was told it's not Singposts' responsibility to provide details of who signed or what happens to the parcel once it leaves Singapore.

I have to agree. We've agreed in this family not to use them again until we see some improvement. We've lost at least 4 gifts (both inbound but more outbound) in 12 months that we know of and God knows how many we don't know about.
I was stupid - i haven't used them for a few years and thought i'd try them again. Big mistake!