Singapore Expats

This is my Story :) Need help on few queries.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:31 pm

Technically, I have worked for 2 companies here(although initially it was a contract vendor and then I got converted to the client's payrolls) and in both cases, my EP was applied first and my wife and baby's DPs were applied for later.

I also know several people in the IT line who have done exactly the same and have never heard of issues with getting DPs.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 1:45 pm

Wd40 wrote:I hope the OP's company is not a shady SME and if it is not, it really doesnt matter even if he gets the IPA and lets it expire.
Nor is the employer of the guy I mentioned .. and he too is an Indian ..

Things are getting weird day by day .. better be safe ..

Your experience is 'before' .. as of now, like very now, I know another person, on P2, 8,000, EP approved, and subsequent DP for wife and child rejected. So ??

bat21

Post by bat21 » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 2:03 pm

Wd40 wrote:Technically, I have worked for 2 companies here(although initially it was a contract vendor and then I got converted to the client's payrolls) and in both cases, my EP was applied first and my wife and baby's DPs were applied for later.

I also know several people in the IT line who have done exactly the same and have never heard of issues with getting DPs.
Sigh..of Relief after reading this. :)

I got my EP and wife's DP approved from Singapore MOM. That was really quick being the fact that there were 4 Holidays last week. It seems they approved it in just 2 days of application !!! My employer is a Reputed Bank so might be that helped.
Wd40 wrote: Well, if you planning for the extreme, then consider this: His baby isn't born yet, so there is possibility that the baby wont get the DP, what do you do then?
I totally agree here if SG MOM don't want me to work in SG then they can simply reject my baby's DP in future and force me to move back.

I am not sure what to do now. I am planning to travel alone first and then decide what to do , My SG HR have advised me not to worry and they will request for an extension of the validity of approval letter of my wife's DP. Lets see what will follow.... :)

regards
bat21

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 2:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:I hope the OP's company is not a shady SME and if it is not, it really doesnt matter even if he gets the IPA and lets it expire.
Nor is the employer of the guy I mentioned .. and he too is an Indian ..

Things are getting weird day by day .. better be safe ..

Your experience is 'before' .. as of now, like very now, I know another person, on P2, 8,000, EP approved, and subsequent DP for wife and child rejected. So ??
Well, thats the 1st case that I am hearing and we dont know the exact reasons behind it. We would need to see more of those cases and considering we have a lovely forum like this, we will surely have people asking queries here if indeed DPs were getting rejected at those salary levels. If and when that happens, your friend's case is a sign of things to come.

Thanks so much for your input though and I will be keenly watching this space :wink: