Singapore Expats

Professional Indemnity - Consultant

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 3:54 pm
Location: out & about

Professional Indemnity - Consultant

Post by martincymru » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 9:57 am

Been offered a Consultant position, 4 months in an Asian country (not Singapore). Contractor is large UK company specialising in Technical Consultancy for Aid funded projects. Their client is Aus Aid.

I believe low risk "Procurement Specialist - Building Works".

They insist I have PI cover. Can I refuse? The cost? Is it reasonable to demand?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11592
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:49 am

Good luck in finding this kind of coverage. Insurance companies will be glad to cover you for blowing up a client's PBX or burning down the building but they have no understanding at all about professional liability.

It's not about the cost... it's that you cannot find the coverage. Go back to the company and tell them you will be happy to comply, IF,

a) They can point you to a company willing to do such insurance (I never found one)

b) They pick up the premium tab.

User avatar
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:51 pm

Aussie-based firms seem to be hot on PI cover, and it's often used as noise in a negotiation.

I'd agree with SE - ask them to cover the premium and outline in detail why it's needed.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests