Singapore Expats Forum

Long Term Pass Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 7:57 pm

Oh, I am sorry I shared the link for the MoM LTSVP.
But the ICA LTSVP link isnt too different, either:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... d=171#Fees

If visa is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 8:54 pm

Wd40 wrote:Oh, I am sorry I shared the link for the MoM LTSVP.
But the ICA LTSVP link isnt too different, either:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... d=171#Fees

If visa is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged.


Ok, the thing is, I don't remember being given the option in the IPA 'want visa or not .. '

Unlike you say in EPOL, you can 'opt'

yes, it is just 30 $ ..

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 6:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Although this $30 multiple visa thing seriously doesnt deserve so much of discussion but I will tell you anyway. At the time of having the LTSVP issued by logging in EP Online, there is an option which lets you select the Multiple Visa option. If you select Yes, you pay $30 and you can go in and out of the country as many times as you want. If you select No, you save $30.


Sorry to barge in. .. you file a Long Term Pass at ICA, that option of "You want multiple entry" DOES NOT EXIST .. or DID NOT EXIST

Our friend here is talking of LTVP @ ICA. not MOM. You are talking of EPOL/MOM

Yes, logic says ICA and MOM should be same, re: DP/LTVP etc .. And I applied three months ago .. and the fee was 60 + 30 at the time of collection, which you can pay in the E-lobby at L1@ICA Bldg.

No, you don't get to choose whether you want Multiple entry or NOT ..


Yes that's what I thought.

So does the LTVP come with a multiple entry or not, do you know?

Cheers!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 6:12 pm

kooltilldend wrote:Yes that's what I thought.

So does the LTVP come with a multiple entry or not, do you know?

Cheers!


ICA -> LTVP, all LTVP I have seen says at the back "Multiple Journey Visa issued"

If anybody has seen otherwise, I am eager to know ..

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 6:15 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kooltilldend wrote:Yes that's what I thought.

So does the LTVP come with a multiple entry or not, do you know?

Cheers!


ICA -> LTVP, all LTVP I have seen says at the back "Multiple Journey Visa issued"

If anybody has seen otherwise, I am eager to know ..


Cheers! That's what my understanding is as well

Now my only confusion is how the heck do I get the IPA letter so I can enter SG without any issues and thus complete the formalities of getting the card

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 6:24 pm

Guys a quick update:

Your application for a Visit Pass (Long Term) has been approved in principle (pending payment), subjected to the following conditions:
the validity of the travel document;
a valid Visit Pass;
the results of applicant's medical report, (not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old);
S$30/- visa fee and S$60/- issuance fee...


This is what it writes in e-VP. Does this mean the $30 visa fee will allow me entry into SG?

I'm not sure what else this $30 fee is for as I paid another $30 during the submission of the LTVP application

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 6:48 pm

Dude, read the 2nd condition in your quote:

"a valid Visit Pass"

Very interesting and considering that they have put that as a condition in the IPA means your IPA in itself doesnt include the visit pass, ofcourse for obvious reasons, which is the LTSVP is applied "in-country" so there is not need for them to send a visit pass with the IPA.

Now you need to some how get a visit pass and come to Singapore, get hold of the IPA and only then you can get the LTSVP card, is what I think.

Why dont you call ICA and get it clarified?

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 7:02 pm

Wd40 wrote:Dude, read the 2nd condition in your quote:

"a valid Visit Pass"

Very interesting and considering that they have put that as a condition in the IPA means your IPA in itself doesnt include the visit pass, ofcourse for obvious reasons, which is the LTSVP is applied "in-country" so there is not need for them to send a visit pass with the IPA.

Now you need to some how get a visit pass and come to Singapore, get hold of the IPA and only then you can get the LTSVP card, is what I think.

Why dont you call ICA and get it clarified?


Pretty certain that's incorrect

If LTVP was applied in-country then mine would've never been approved.

Also you are right that the IPA doesn't include a visit pass - heck even if it did, it wouldn't help me as I won't be able to receive the IPA letter (not that anything of the sort has been sent out to me yet afaik)

Also if I needed to apply for a separate visit pass then what is this $30 visa fee for?

I'm pretty certain that the LTVP card comes with a multiple entry visa so its definitely not that (because this $30 fee is mandatory - I wasn't offered if I want or don't want it)

Unfortunately its too late to contact ICA now so I've sent them an email instead already - I'll try to contact them asap as well

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 8:34 pm

The $30 is for the multiple visa that comes with the LTSVP. The only doubt is whether the multiple visa is optional or compulsory other than that there is no question that the $30 is for the multiple visa.

If you are hoping that somehow you have automatically been waived off for the SVP to enter SG, by having to pay the $30, then you are wrong.

You still have to somehow get an SVP to enter Singapore, is what I think.

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:11 pm

I'm not so sure as I think LTVP comes with a multiple pass (a LTVP not having a multiple pass is just plain silly - is there any pass out there - STVP aside - that's single entry?)

The $30 visa fee is def. not mandatory as the ICA website says it is only to be paid if a visa is required (and that the visa is a multiple entry visa)...if I'm already living in SG then obviously I don't need a visa - hence I think its meant to allow entry into SG for those living abroad (ie me)

Anyhow I've mailed ICA already so hopefully they'll reply to my email soon...I can then plan my trip there accordingly

Thanks y'all for the help btw!

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 8:54 pm

kooltilldend wrote:I'm not so sure as I think LTVP comes with a multiple pass (a LTVP not having a multiple pass is just plain silly - is there any pass out there - STVP aside - that's single entry?)

Yes, the EP and DP thats given by MoM, those passes have the multiple visa as optional. I know its silly, but thats that.

The $30 visa fee is def. not mandatory as the ICA website says it is only to be paid if a visa is required (and that the visa is a multiple entry visa)...if I'm already living in SG then obviously I don't need a visa - hence I think its meant to allow entry into SG for those living abroad (ie me)

Well, even if that was the case, then the visa should be in the IPA. You should have some sort of formal document to show to the immigration authorities at the Changi airport, on arrival. Without that, I am afraid you wont be allowed in

Anyhow I've mailed ICA already so hopefully they'll reply to my email soon...I can then plan my trip there accordingly

Thanks y'all for the help btw!

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Fri, 16 Aug 2013 9:18 pm

Wd40 wrote:Yes, the EP and DP thats given by MoM, those passes have the multiple visa as optional. I know its silly, but thats that.


I was talking about ICA passes...MoM are run entirely differently imo

Well, even if that was the case, then the visa should be in the IPA. You should have some sort of formal document to show to the immigration authorities at the Changi airport, on arrival. Without that, I am afraid you wont be allowed in


Correct and my assumption is that once I've made the payment, a letter will either be mailed at my SG address and/or emailed to my account

Anyhow I'm still waiting to hear back from them but so far haven't heard anything

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:59 pm

kooltilldend wrote:Correct and my assumption is that once I've made the payment, a letter will either be mailed at my SG address and/or emailed to my account


Give ICA between 3 to 5 days to respond ..

And ICA to post / email you what upon payment ? I didn't follow you ..

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 1:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kooltilldend wrote:Correct and my assumption is that once I've made the payment, a letter will either be mailed at my SG address and/or emailed to my account


Give ICA between 3 to 5 days to respond ..

And ICA to post / email you what upon payment ? I didn't follow you ..


Sadly i don't have the time to wait as my pass expires early next week. Anyhow I did contact them today and they said I need to sort out my own pass (my apologies wd, you were right).

The $30 visa fee is nothing more than a charge for getting a multiple entry pass.

Also I forgot to ask but my assumption is that no ipa letter has been sent yet. It will be sent (or emailed?) after I have made the $90 payment.

I don't think I have enough time to get the entry visa anymore though...shame but we'll see

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 17 Aug 2013 2:52 pm

kooltilldend wrote:Also I forgot to ask but my assumption is that no ipa letter has been sent yet. It will be sent (or emailed?) after I have made the $90 payment.

I don't think I have enough time to get the entry visa anymore though...shame but we'll see


I think you have a made a full 360 .. congrats

Now who said you have to make payment to get the IPA ?

I am out of here .. seriously ..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests