Singapore Expats Forum

Long Term Pass Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:14 pm

Wd40 wrote:Congratulations!

1) The IPA for EPs and DPs have a Short term Visit pass embedded in them. I am not sure if that is the case with LTSVP as well. Read the IPA and check what it says.

2)You take an appointment for the stamping/submission of docs and after that 1 week you should have the pass.

3)Yes. Multiple entry visa is optional and you need to pay $30 extra for it.


Thanks mate!

1) I got a mail from ICA confirming the pass has been approved but have yet to receive the IPA letter - will I get that after I make the payment or will I have to collect that from ICA? (which inevitably means I need a visa to enter SG first)

"Your Application for Visit Pass (long term) is approved in principle (pending payment). Please make payment before this In-Principle Approval expires; otherwise your application will be treated as withdrawn."

2) Yes, will be doing that shortly after making the payment and purchasing return tickets

3) Interesting...so when do I make this extra $30 payment? I have yet to hear about this option during the application process

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:19 am

1) I believe the IPA letter will arrive by post. You make the payment after you recieve the IPA. You need to log into EPOnline and make the payment and initiate the issuance of LTSVP. At the same time you also set up the appointment for finger printing as well as submission/verification of documents.

In fact, I believe you can log into EP Online right away without even waiting for the IPA. But you need the IPA to see if it has the SVP.

Regarding the SVP, I think it doesnt really matter, because even if the IPA has the SVP, it clearly reads that if you make use of it you need to pay $30. So you might as well apply for SVP seperately.

3) The multiple entry visa is optional for all kinds of passes including EP and DP and its kind of funny that they have it as an option. I cant think of anyone who will not avail of the multiple entry visa to save $30.

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 2:55 am

Wd40 wrote:1) I believe the IPA letter will arrive by post. You make the payment after you recieve the IPA. You need to log into EPOnline and make the payment and initiate the issuance of LTSVP. At the same time you also set up the appointment for finger printing as well as submission/verification of documents.


By post? Wow! But where? I'm not in SG anymore and I was never asked for an international address (not to mention my passport says deported when I left SG)

In fact, I believe you can log into EP Online right away without even waiting for the IPA. But you need the IPA to see if it has the SVP.


Yes I can...via my passport number and FIN

Regarding the SVP, I think it doesnt really matter, because even if the IPA has the SVP, it clearly reads that if you make use of it you need to pay $30. So you might as well apply for SVP seperately.


Can I apply for a STVP from India online or do I have to go to an embassy or 2? (perhaps an Indian can chip in if they are familiar with the process as I've never applied for the STVP from India before)


3) The multiple entry visa is optional for all kinds of passes including EP and DP and its kind of funny that they have it as an option. I cant think of anyone who will not avail of the multiple entry visa to save $30.


When can I pay for this? Do I pay in advance (in which case, can I still pay for it although my pass has already been approved?) or do I pay when I go to collect my IPA/LTVP/get documents signed?

I guess I'm due a call or 2 to ICA it seems

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 8:11 am

Log in to EP Online and initiate the LTSVP issuance process. At the same time you pay for it and at the same time you also pay for the multiple visa.

I am not 100% sure whether IPA comes by post. But thats what I thought since my PEP IPA came that way. LTSVP is applied "in-country" with an "in-country" address so thats where it goes? Check with your previous owner?

You definitely need the IPA at the time of submission of documents. So call up ICA and find out how to get the IPA since you are not "in-country".

Regarding SVP, best way is if you know any SC/SPR they can sponsor for you. If you dont know, get hold hold of some travel agent. Call ICA and tell them your situation about the SVP as well.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:35 am

Wd40 wrote:I am not 100% sure whether IPA comes by post. But thats what I thought since my PEP IPA came that way. LTSVP is applied "in-country" with an "in-country" address so thats where it goes? Check with your previous owner?


For manual submissions, from what i know and seen of late, For LTVP, IPA comes by post.

If you dont' have it, you are in for some time ..

If submitted online, I suspect like the Visa extension, there may be an online copy / soft copy, or worst case the page that says "approved in Principle" which you can use to start the process per se ..

I maybe wrong on the second one though ..

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 3:45 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:I am not 100% sure whether IPA comes by post. But thats what I thought since my PEP IPA came that way. LTSVP is applied "in-country" with an "in-country" address so thats where it goes? Check with your previous owner?


For manual submissions, from what i know and seen of late, For LTVP, IPA comes by post.

If you dont' have it, you are in for some time ..

If submitted online, I suspect like the Visa extension, there may be an online copy / soft copy, or worst case the page that says "approved in Principle" which you can use to start the process per se ..

I maybe wrong on the second one though ..


If it comes by post then it'll probably end up at the last place I was renting in SG - in which case, it'll never reach my hands

If online, I don't see a copy of the letter. If the approved in principle page is enough then I can submit the application I suppose but that still doesn't sort out how I'm going to enter SG first to submit the application

I guess I got no alternative but to contact ICA tomorrow

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 3:49 pm

Wd40 wrote:Log in to EP Online and initiate the LTSVP issuance process. At the same time you pay for it and at the same time you also pay for the multiple visa.

I am not 100% sure whether IPA comes by post. But thats what I thought since my PEP IPA came that way. LTSVP is applied "in-country" with an "in-country" address so thats where it goes? Check with your previous owner?

You definitely need the IPA at the time of submission of documents. So call up ICA and find out how to get the IPA since you are not "in-country".

Regarding SVP, best way is if you know any SC/SPR they can sponsor for you. If you dont know, get hold hold of some travel agent. Call ICA and tell them your situation about the SVP as well.


The only payment options I have is 60SGD visa fee and 30SGD issuance fee - I don't see anything about multiple visa

IPA part is a mess...I'll have to check with ICA I guess

I could check with my previous house owner but even if they have it - there's no way I can get it as I'll have to enter SG to collect it - which is the problem I have

Don't know any SC/SPR who'd sponsor...will look into travel agents after contacting ICA tomorrow

sigh this is more messed up than not getting the pass approved in the first place!

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 3:54 pm

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx


Long Term Visit Pass – $60 per issue
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 4:11 pm

kooltilldend wrote:If it comes by post then it'll probably end up at the last place I was renting in SG - in which case, it'll never reach my hands

If online, I don't see a copy of the letter. If the approved in principle page is enough then I can submit the application I suppose but that still doesn't sort out how I'm going to enter SG first to submit the application

I guess I got no alternative but to contact ICA tomorrow


The IPA has other instructions, forgot what ..

kooltilldend wrote:The only payment options I have is 60SGD visa fee and 30SGD issuance fee - I don't see anything about multiple visa

IPA part is a mess...I'll have to check with ICA I guess

I could check with my previous house owner but even if they have it - there's no way I can get it as I'll have to enter SG to collect it - which is the problem I have

Don't know any SC/SPR who'd sponsor...will look into travel agents after contacting ICA tomorrow

sigh this is more messed up than not getting the pass approved in the first place!


You can ask your previous landlord to post it .. or courier it ??

Yes, there is only a 60 $ Visa Fee, and 30 $ issuance fee, make sure you get a passport size photo as well :) there is NO multiple entry visa fee .. per se ..

Plan B, print out what you see in the iEnquiry, and go and ask them, they may give you a copy .. (or not .. and throw tantrum :D :D )

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 4:35 pm

Wd40 wrote:http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/long-term-visit/before-you-apply/Pages/default.aspx


Long Term Visit Pass – $60 per issue
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue


Interesting! I paid 30SGD already (when I submitted the application) so I guess this new 30SGD should be for the multiple entry

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 4:50 pm

ecureilx wrote:
The IPA has other instructions, forgot what ..


EPOL says nothing about IPA (just that my application is approved in-principle)...that part worries me

You can ask your previous landlord to post it .. or courier it ??

Yes, there is only a 60 $ Visa Fee, and 30 $ issuance fee, make sure you get a passport size photo as well :) there is NO multiple entry visa fee .. per se ..

Plan B, print out what you see in the iEnquiry, and go and ask them, they may give you a copy .. (or not .. and throw tantrum :D :D )


Yeah courier is an option but by the time all that gets sorted, I would've missed my pass expiry date - I'm travelling a lot lately anyways so itll be hard to specify a place for them to courier it

They said they didn't need my photo (when I submitted my application) as they have it on record already - anyhow I have them with me

The page does say need a medical report which is annoying as I was living in Singapore just up until 15 days ago!

Plan B still requires me to somehow enter SG first...hopefully it'll work though (will check with ICA tomorrow)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 6:49 pm

kooltilldend wrote:
Wd40 wrote:http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/long-term-visit/before-you-apply/Pages/default.aspx


Long Term Visit Pass – $60 per issue
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue


Interesting! I paid 30SGD already (when I submitted the application) so I guess this new 30SGD should be for the multiple entry


If I remember correctly the 30 $ submission fee is not counted .. :)

the 60+30 is what you have to pay, when you collect ..

kooltilldend
Regular
Regular
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue, 20 Jul 2010

Postby kooltilldend » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 7:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kooltilldend wrote:
Wd40 wrote:http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/long-term-visit/before-you-apply/Pages/default.aspx


Long Term Visit Pass – $60 per issue
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue


Interesting! I paid 30SGD already (when I submitted the application) so I guess this new 30SGD should be for the multiple entry


If I remember correctly the 30 $ submission fee is not counted .. :)

the 60+30 is what you have to pay, when you collect ..


So then I have to pay another 30SGD after paying 90SGD if I want a multi pass? Its not a big deal but I do want to clarify the total amount if possible

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 7:10 pm

Here's the break up
30 -> Application Fee
60 -> issuance Fee
30 -> Multiple Visa Fee

So total is 120 out of which you have already paid 30.

Why dont you read the MoM link I shared? Its so clearly mentioned.

Although this $30 multiple visa thing seriously doesnt deserve so much of discussion but I will tell you anyway. At the time of having the LTSVP issued by logging in EP Online, there is an option which lets you select the Multiple Visa option. If you select Yes, you pay $30 and you can go in and out of the country as many times as you want. If you select No, you save $30.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Aug 2013 7:47 pm

Wd40 wrote:Although this $30 multiple visa thing seriously doesnt deserve so much of discussion but I will tell you anyway. At the time of having the LTSVP issued by logging in EP Online, there is an option which lets you select the Multiple Visa option. If you select Yes, you pay $30 and you can go in and out of the country as many times as you want. If you select No, you save $30.


Sorry to barge in. .. you file a Long Term Pass at ICA, that option of "You want multiple entry" DOES NOT EXIST .. or DID NOT EXIST

Our friend here is talking of LTVP @ ICA. not MOM. You are talking of EPOL/MOM

Yes, logic says ICA and MOM should be same, re: DP/LTVP etc .. And I applied three months ago .. and the fee was 60 + 30 at the time of collection, which you can pay in the E-lobby at L1@ICA Bldg.

No, you don't get to choose whether you want Multiple entry or NOT ..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest