Singapore Expats Forum

PR Processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

PR Processing time

Postby fay12 » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 6:08 pm

Hey,

Wanted to know what is the processing time for a PR application.
Also any idea if PR's status are being granted or not
Have a good week
Cheers

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Re: PR Processing time

Postby Mi Amigo » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 7:10 pm

fay12 wrote:Hey,

Wanted to know what is the processing time for a PR application.
Also any idea if PR's status are being granted or not
Have a good week
Cheers

PR processing time can be anything from a few weeks to more than a year. Some are being granted, some are not. I'd suggest you use the search function above and read the many existing threads related to this topic. If you have specific questions related to your application, you need to provide the relevant details and then the regulars here will try to help.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

PR processing time

Postby fay12 » Sat, 10 Aug 2013 3:45 pm

Hi,

I heard that the PR processing time is generally 3 months but then they extended it to 6 months and now I am not sure of the processing time
So jus checking on that

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Sat, 10 Aug 2013 3:53 pm

last year, around the same time, you ask about LTVP.
sutra598331.html&highlight=#598331

Now you asking about PR. You had got your LTVP?

User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

Re Ltvp

Postby fay12 » Sat, 10 Aug 2013 4:16 pm

Yes I got my LTVP :)
Thinking of applying for PR so jus checking about it
Cheers

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR Processing time

Postby PNGMK » Sat, 10 Aug 2013 8:25 pm

fay12 wrote:Hey,

Wanted to know what is the processing time for a PR application.
Also any idea if PR's status are being granted or not
Have a good week
Cheers


What's the rush?

User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

Re: PR Processing time

Postby fay12 » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 11:31 am

What's the rush?[/quote]

Dear PNGMK,

Didnt quite understand , what you mean by whats the rush ?????

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 11:54 am

Unless you have been here on an LTVP or EP for two or three years minimum and your sponsor is earning at least 2..8 ~3K/mo and is a Singapore Citizen (almost has to be unless you are in a same sex relationship) it's not likely to happen anyway.

User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

Postby fay12 » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 12:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Unless you have been here on an LTVP or EP for two or three years minimum and your sponsor is earning at least 2..8 ~3K/mo and is a Singapore Citizen (almost has to be unless you are in a same sex relationship) it's not likely to happen anyway.


Hey SMS,
Nice to hear from you.
I have sent u message to your inbox - wondering if you rcvd it
Well my husband is SPR and doing quite ok :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 1:05 pm

If you Husband is a PR then and you are on a WP, then you will still need to wait around 2 years. You are not on an LTVP if you are on a Work Permit. The LTVP is canceled once the WP is issued.

Give it two years before applying for the PR in any case.

Or, go ahead and apply, as long as you are are able to handle rejection in the short term. Sometimes some have a problem with that even though they have been told what to expect. :wink:

User avatar
fay12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

Re PR

Postby fay12 » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 1:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you Husband is a PR then and you are on a WP, then you will still need to wait around 2 years. You are not on an LTVP if you are on a Work Permit. The LTVP is canceled once the WP is issued.

Give it two years before applying for the PR in any case.

Or, go ahead and apply, as long as you are are able to handle rejection in the short term. Sometimes some have a problem with that even though they have been told what to expect. :wink:


Hey Tks alot SMS

I think we shall wait :D
We wanted to invest in a house so that's y i wanted to apply for the PR asap.
Met an agent who advised me tht I cud apply for PR once I have 6 pay slips to show :o on my WP
Newaz its better to safe than sorry
:wink:

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Sun, 11 Aug 2013 1:50 pm

6 pay slips?

Ask your agent that was how many years back when it happen.

During those time, when the government give PR like club membership , you can apply PR after few months working in Singapore.

My ex-colleague applied after 3 months in Singapore during 2006-7 and he got it. He bring his family to Singapore.
Stay for 2 to 3 years, then migrate to Canada.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests