Singapore Expats

How big a risk

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 1:56 pm

Steve1960 wrote: it looks like I could be wasting my money on this and potentially halving my sex life if Hanni is right
That, or depending on "how" good of a good friend of your wife she is, you could find yourself in a Ménage Í trois as well. :o :lol: :devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 1:59 pm

Steve1960 wrote:We will go visit the employment agency Saturday and see what they say but it looks like I could be wasting my money on this and potentially halving my sex life if Hanni is right
You could use the knowledge of how troublesome it will be to persuade anyone not yet convinced that it is a bad idea.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: How big a risk

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 2:35 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Even if I pay out S$2,600 to get all the correct documentation to bring her in as a direct maid am I wasting my money? Looking for anyone who could offer a little guidance as I am visiting the agency here on Saturday.
Let me ask ..

From what I know last, the PH Govt explicity told that maids coming directly to SG must not be allowed to work, and the Embassy too would not assist in any way .. including Exit Permit to go back home .. (yah, another Filipino Quirk .. )

And BTW, the PH Agents have passed the blame to SG agents for the high placement fee, when most of the fee is spent towards processing in PH itself

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 2:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Steve1960 wrote: it looks like I could be wasting my money on this and potentially halving my sex life if Hanni is right
That, or depending on "how" good of a good friend of your wife she is, you could find yourself in a Ménage Í trois as well. :o :lol: :devil:
OK thats the final straw, nothing good can come of this. Waste time and money, halve sex life or now double sex life (with no doubt disasterous consequences later down the line) 8-[

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 3:04 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Steve1960 wrote:Even if I pay out S$2,600 to get all the correct documentation to bring her in as a direct maid am I wasting my money? Looking for anyone who could offer a little guidance as I am visiting the agency here on Saturday.
Let me ask ..

From what I know last, the PH Govt explicity told that maids coming directly to SG must not be allowed to work, and the Embassy too would not assist in any way .. including Exit Permit to go back home .. (yah, another Filipino Quirk .. )

And BTW, the PH Agents have passed the blame to SG agents for the high placement fee, when most of the fee is spent towards processing in PH itself
Apologies I mean't direct hire in the sense that we use a Singapore and Philippines employment agency to deal with all the documentation, visa, flight etc etc. We are just choosing a particular person that we would like to hire rather than choosing randomly from an agency portfolio.

I agree we have been told around S$2,000 is for costs related to the Philippine end of the deal.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 4:05 pm

Steve1960 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
OK thats the final straw, nothing good can come of this. Waste time and money, halve sex life or now double sex life (with no doubt disasterous consequences later down the line) 8-[
Yeah, you're in poo either way.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 4:14 pm

If you are going to do this, another way of looking at it is if you are going to be in the poo either way, may as well get in the smelly stuff with a smile on your face. :mrgreen: :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 4:23 pm

Smile on your face and a filthy house. Live in best friend means you'll be the one at home cleaning and looking after children whilst they are out whooping it up on Orchard Rd. Although you'll have the cosy 3 person movie nights to look forward to. I predict a lot of romantic comedies in your future.

I am laughing my legs off at this thread.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 8:49 am

ecureilx wrote:[Let me ask ..

Thanks for your PM unfortunately I cannot reply for some reason.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 8:51 am

Hannieroo wrote: I am laughing my legs off at this thread.
When I first started the thread I was quite serious but now I am laughing my head off as the replies come rolling in :oops:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 8:52 am

Steve1960 wrote:
I took a look and fixed it.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 9:19 am

nakatago wrote:
Steve1960 wrote:
I took a look and fixed it.
Oh, thank you much appreciated :-)

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 5:35 pm

nakatago wrote:
Hannieroo wrote:Or if they don't fall out and you end up with a 3 way marriage where you have no privacy and any arguments are two against one? That would be living the dream. Two wives! Double the nagging and probably half the sex.
You DO NOT want a Filipina nagger!

i wholeheartedly agree with this. may i also add you do not want a filipina nagger who is social media savvy

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:30 pm

Please update your thread. :twisted:

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Thu, 08 Aug 2013 1:01 pm

Maybe he's busy with his double sex life now :lol: