Singapore Expats

WTF is with all the health clubs / spas? If a shop becomes..

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 3:41 pm

Max Headroom wrote:BM, I just noticed this "(URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUE)" line. Does that mean I posted a contentious URL? Sorry, I can't recall what the URL was about...

Cheers.
You've posted a link from a copy right protected local media source - 'tis all. They copy our stuff (I know the tards come here to get ideas - especially that vapid women writer Sumiko Tan) but we can't copypasta their crap.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 9:42 pm

Okie, noted, ta.

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 4:06 pm

Max Headroom wrote:What I don't understand is that with spa places on every corner now, how come getting a body rub is still so flipping expensive. The rates here are about the same as in Europe, which is insane, given that all of them here outsource to Indonesians, Vietnamese and what-have-you.
I'd suggest that space rent is the issue. You pay more for space but less for wages to make up for it.

camilleannB

Post by camilleannB » Thu, 06 Feb 2014 2:36 pm

Costs can vary through the purchase of a higher-level membership, such as a Founders or a Life membership. Such memberships often have a high up-front cost but a lower monthly rate, making them potentially beneficial to those who use the club frequently and hold their memberships for years.

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AndrewV » Thu, 06 Feb 2014 6:16 pm

nakatago wrote:I saw this on teh internets. I thought it was tangentially related.

this isn't tangentially related, this is a e^x relationship :D