Singapore Expats

Duchess of Cambridge is in Labour!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Duchess of Cambridge is in Labour!

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 22 Jul 2013 5:37 pm

How exciting!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 22 Jul 2013 5:55 pm

That's going to push the weather off the top spot.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 23 Jul 2013 7:27 am

oh boy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Jul 2013 8:49 am

8 lb 6 oz
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:04 am

zzm9980 wrote:oh boy.

Thank God. Half of the Commonwealth's parliaments are yet to pass or ratify the necessary change for a first born girl to precede a second born male in the hereditary system. We have another generation to sort it out!

(It's slightly bizarre things like this that make me ridiculously proud to be a commonwealth member citizen).

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:23 pm

I am concerned.

Charles is mad as a box of frogs and the Queen clearly doesn't trust him having not abdicated too date.

The two boys seem OK. What if the genetic stupidity just skipped a generation? The poor boy :-(

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 2:47 pm

http://thegoose22.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... sh-throne/

[quote]LONDON: Kate Middleton delivered at 12:05 PM London time, giving birth to a baby boy.

According to medical officials, the baby, named Kendall Charles Cambridge, weight 8.0 pounds, 3 ounces and is 22 inches in length.

Both mother and child are doing well and recovering. Members of the royal family are at the hospital including Queen Elizabeth herself.

“We are pleased to announce that, at present, the baby and mother could not be doing better. The delivery went smoothly, and it was a splendid occasion for both mother and father,â€Â
Last edited by the lynx on Wed, 24 Jul 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 2:56 pm

Steve1960 wrote:I am concerned.

Charles is mad as a box of frogs and the Queen clearly doesn't trust him having not abdicated too date.

The two boys seem OK. What if the genetic stupidity just skipped a generation? The poor boy :-(
I can't see the Queen ever abdicating. Whatever you may think of the monarchy, most people accept that she has a very strong sense of duty, based in part on what happened with her father and uncle.

Those of an unkind heart might harbour secret fantasies involving a collision between Charles and a number 32 bus, but who am I to even dare to suggest such a thing. Perish the thought.

I'm pleased for the couple and their wider families on the safe delivery of a baby boy. But I can't stand all the sycophancy from the likes of Nicholas Witchell (BBC Royal Correspondent). I did have a tinge of sadness thinking about how Diana has missed out on becoming a grandmother - I know she wasn't a perfect human being (who is?) but it did strike me as terribly 'unfair' in the overall scheme of things.

As to Prince Boris of Cambridge (you heard it here first!), time will tell....
Be careful what you wish for

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 3:26 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
Steve1960 wrote:I am concerned.

I can't see the Queen ever abdicating. Whatever you may think of the monarchy, most people accept that she has a very strong sense of duty, based in part on what happened with her father and uncle.

Those of an unkind heart might harbour secret fantasies involving a collision between Charles and a number 32 bus, but who am I to even dare to suggest such a thing. Perish the thought.

I'm pleased for the couple and their wider families on the safe delivery of a baby boy. But I can't stand all the sycophancy from the likes of Nicholas Witchell (BBC Royal Correspondent). I did have a tinge of sadness thinking about how Diana has missed out on becoming a grandmother - I know she wasn't a perfect human being (who is?) but it did strike me as terribly 'unfair' in the overall scheme of things.

As to Prince Boris of Cambridge (you heard it here first!), time will tell....
Will and Harry are remarkable in how they deal with that whore Camilla. I personally would have told her not to go near the child.

Will seems to have a very weird smile these days.... almost like he has cheeks full of nuts.

As for the baby... with a Royal birth and those inbred genes there must always be a sigh of relief when a live birth of a normal child occurs.

I grew up in PNG - the Queen and Charles are highly respected (or were) there. When she visited in the 70's it was a huge event.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 9:23 pm

Saw this tweet on the interwebz:
#RoyalBaby is an 8 pound boy, which if my conversion figures are correct, means he weighs [US]$19.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 9:38 pm

Whore is a very strong word. Nobody in either of those two marriages came out of it looking untarnished but I suppose Charles being male and Saint Diana being dead means they don't get any nasty names.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 26 Jul 2013 9:26 am

When I think of Charles 'Spitting Image' always comes to mind.

1980's UK satirical puppet show, some of which was very funny.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 9:37 am

I actively dislike news/anything about the royals. But, this is funny...

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 6:30 pm

This one's for you zzm...

How to build your baby bullsh!t bunker

... and thank Clapton for Private Eye...

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 6:40 pm

Steve1960 wrote:When I think of Charles 'Spitting Image' always comes to mind.

1980's UK satirical puppet show, some of which was very funny.
Exhibit A, M'lud...

Spitting Image - Prince Charles' 40th birthday