Singapore Expats Forum

Gas hob reviews requested

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
AE Logistics - Singapore Movers

SpouseofPR

Gas hob reviews requested

Postby SpouseofPR » Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:28 am

Hi,

Anyone used these models which have a combo of gas+ vitroceramic/hotplate? Looking for reviews on performance as well as ease of maintenance.

1)Elba EHS 948 S (4 burners+1 hotplate)

2)Elba EH 638 SS (3 burners + 1 hotplate)

3)Ariston Hob with Vitroceramic plate (Models PH941MSTVIX/ Model PH741RQOGH)

Looking for sharing your experiences on pros and cons on cooking in a gas hob + hotplate/vitroceramic plate.

Also has anyone used or heard of this brand called GLEM? They also have a combo hob, the brand is proclaimed to be made in Italy. Thank you very much in advance.[img][/img]

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:41 pm

can i ask why you want hotplate when you can have gas? but if you really do need a hotplate, consider induction. they are super fast to heat up.

skipper
Regular
Regular

Postby skipper » Mon, 22 Jul 2013 3:10 pm

We have the Ariston gas hob with hotplate and no issues so far, we're very satisfied with it. The reason we bought this combo hob is due to the fact that our condo gas supply is not piped in. If we run out of gas then we can use the hotplate to continue cooking while the gas tank is being delivered.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Jul 2013 4:24 pm

skipper, I have an Ariston freestanding unit with both Gas (4 burner) and electric hotplate & electric oven for the exact same reason (and the fact that the oven was big enough to hold a 18lbs turkey. Don't use it for turkey anymore as have gone to deep fried turkeys now. :-)

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Hannieroo » Mon, 22 Jul 2013 7:14 pm

I have the Elba 4 gas, 1 hotplate. It's okay. Easy to clean. Not a fan of gas so given the choice I'd be going induction.