Singapore Expats

Citizenship application got rejected. Appeal?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zoejaewon

Citizenship application got rejected. Appeal?

Post by zoejaewon » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:32 am

Still can't believe this happened to me...

I applied citizenship in November and just got the letter.

Me, 27yrs old single lady, have been in sg for 10yrs, graduate from NAFA holding diploma, PR for 6yrs since 2007. Now working in Marketing field, earning $3k. Chinese race from PRC. CPF and income tax paid consistently in the 6yrs.

Understand that i'm not that outstanding compared to those 5 digits earner or university graduates. But with the qualification at this age, I think this is the best I could have for now. And I already applied for a part-time degree course starting this Oct.

I've spoken to some of my friends who applied or already got their citizenship, most of them were shocked when I got rejected. I wanted to re-apply immediately but after some thoughts, I'm thinking of meeting the MP and ask him to write an appeal letter for me.

I understand tt technically there's no appeal case but normally if they think they will reconsider my application, they will ask me to resubmit after receiving MP's letter.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Original text restored by moderator - tks PNGMK
Last edited by zoejaewon on Wed, 17 Jul 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Citizenship application got rejected. Appeal?

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:45 pm

zoejaewon wrote:Still can't believe this happened to me...

I applied citizenship in November and just got the letter.

Me, 27yrs old single lady, have been in sg for 10yrs, graduate from NAFA holding diploma, PR for 6yrs since 2007. Now working in Marketing field, earning $3k. Chinese race from PRC. CPF and income tax paid consistently in the 6yrs.

Understand that i'm not that outstanding compared to those 5 digits earner or university graduates. But with the qualification at this age, I think this is the best I could have for now. And I already applied for a part-time degree course starting this Oct.

I've spoken to some of my friends who applied or already got their citizenship, most of them were shocked when I got rejected. I wanted to re-apply immediately but after some thoughts, I'm thinking of meeting the MP and ask him to write an appeal letter for me.

I understand tt technically there's no appeal case but normally if they think they will reconsider my application, they will ask me to resubmit after receiving MP's letter.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
1. Be grateful is you can renew your REP at that income level much less gain SC.
2. Get married to a SC, have a son and re apply. You know the rules - Singapore doesn't want emtpy wombs.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 1:07 pm

PNGMK wrote:1. Be grateful is you can renew your REP at that income level much less gain SC.
2. Get married to a SC, have a son and re apply. You know the rules - Singapore doesn't want emtpy wombs.
^+100
Just to let TS know that even with 3K+ income, my friend got a rejection letter when he applied for PR.
"Budget Expat"

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 1:57 pm

v4jr4 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:1. Be grateful is you can renew your REP at that income level much less gain SC.
^+100
Just to let TS know that even with 3K+ income, my friend got a rejection letter when he applied for PR.
+200

Just to let TS know that even with 3K+ income, married to local, I got rejected twice for PR

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 4:09 pm

zoejaewon wrote: Just FYI there'r many foreigners earning less than 3k with local diploma got SC every year.
And they are Malaysian (Or Indo, or maybe Taiwanese) Chinese, or PRC Chinese women that have already married an SG Chinese man and having a son.

Or, by 'every year' you really meant every year before 2011.

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 4:50 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
zoejaewon wrote: Just FYI there'r many foreigners earning less than 3k with local diploma got SC every year.
And they are Malaysian (Or Indo, or maybe Taiwanese) Chinese, or PRC Chinese women that have already married an SG Chinese man and having a son.

Or, by 'every year' you really meant every year before 2011.
Correction: every year before 2009

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 4:55 pm

zoejaewon wrote:Guess all expats here r high income earner.

Just FYI there'r many foreigners earning less than 3k with local diploma got SC every year.

Thanks anyway :)
Dude, I don't buy that. Name me a few.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 5:50 pm

Well it looks like zoejaewon has obliterated her first (and so far only) post. Fortunately PNGMK quoted it in his reply, otherwise the whole thread would have been rendered meaningless for future readers. :roll:
Be careful what you wish for

zoejaewon

Post by zoejaewon » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 5:56 pm

for a Poly graduate, earning less than 3k before 30yrs old is normal. and those are who already stayed in sg for more than 10yrs.
one of my friend just got his SC in Apr, earning less than 3k, gratuate from NAFA, PR 5yrs, single.
Another one got approved in 6mths with earning less than 3k, married with no kid, PR 6yrs.
And one of my close friend, single lady 28yrs old, SIM graduate, 3.3k, got in 5mths.
another one submitted abt same time as mine, guy below 30yrs old, 3k, dip holder, just registered citizenship this week.

those r just few, all PRC chinese got approved recently, i don't make it up. just to show tt getting SC is not a privilege for high income earner only. As long as u r young, integrated enough in this country, willing to spend the rest of ur life here, there's always a chance. :)

zoejaewon

Post by zoejaewon » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 5:59 pm

abc123xyz wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:
^+100
+200

Just to let TS know that even with 3K+ income, married to local, I got rejected twice for PR
btw i'm sorry to hear tt u got rejected as well. But for PR now seems they r more strict. Thats the info i gather fr my chinese group of friends. for me i got PR right aft i graduate fr school, so we r really diff case. :)

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 6:00 pm

zoejaewon wrote:for a Poly graduate, earning less than 3k before 30yrs old is normal. and those are who already stayed in sg for more than 10yrs.
one of my friend just got his SC in Apr, earning less than 3k, gratuate from NAFA, PR 5yrs, single.
Another one got approved in 6mths with earning less than 3k, married with no kid, PR 6yrs.
And one of my close friend, single lady 28yrs old, SIM graduate, 3.3k, got in 5mths.
another one submitted abt same time as mine, guy below 30yrs old, 3k, dip holder, just registered citizenship this week.

those r just few, all PRC chinese got approved recently, i don't make it up. just to show tt getting SC is not a privilege for high income earner only. As long as u r young, integrated enough in this country, willing to spend the rest of ur life here, there's always a chance. :)
Good for them, and good luck to you.

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Wed, 17 Jul 2013 6:01 pm

zoejaewon wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:
v4jr4 wrote: ^+100
+200

btw i'm sorry to hear tt u got rejected as well. But for PR now seems they r more strict. Thats the info i gather fr my chinese group of friends. for me i got PR right aft i graduate fr school, so we r really diff case. :)
which is why you should know youre luckier than a lot of people. keep trying.

ive been here for more than 6 years, if you need to know.