Singapore Expats

Reg S Pass (Pls do not use caps)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
midhunrahul

Reg S Pass (Pls do not use caps)

Post by midhunrahul » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:34 pm

SUGGESTION REGARDING S PASS!!!WILL I GET???URGENT!!!PLS!!!

hi every one,Im Midhun Rahul from India. Below is my profile
1. Bachular degree in BE electrical from Anna University,Chennai.
2.CGPA:7/10
3.Graduated in April 2013-full time
4.Underwent intern in Orchid pharma from May-july 2013(3 months)

My uncle currently works in singapore, he works in top most managerial position in an most prestigious firm.He assured me to get me a job in Oil&gas sector for sure. But I come to know that MOM,singapore started screening visas and passes more seriously. If i get 2200SGD pm, am i eligible to hold S pass???SAT test resulted "Im likely to eligible for S pass". But on the fresher basics will i get rejected???PLS DO SUGGEST YOUR OPINIONS!!![/i]
Last edited by midhunrahul on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abc123xyz

Re: PLEASE SUGGEST YOUR OPINION,REG S PASS!!!!URGENT!!!PLS!!

Post by abc123xyz » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:38 pm

midhunrahul wrote:SUGGESTION REGARDING S PASS!!!WILL I GET???URGENT!!!PLS!!!
hi every one,Im Midhun Rahu from India. Below is my profile
1. Bachular degree in BE electrical from Anna University,Chennai.
2.CGPA:7/10
3.Graduated in April 2013.
4.Underwent intern in Orchid pharma from May-july 2013(3 months)

My uncle currently works in singapore, he works in top most managerial position in an most prestigious firm.He assured me to get me a job in Oil&gas sector for sure. But I come to know that MOM,singapore started screening visas and passes more seriously. If i get 2200SGD pm, am i eligible to hold S pass???SAT test resulted "Im likely to eligible for S pass". But on the fresher basics will i get rejected???PLS DO SUGGEST YOUR OPINIONS!!![/i]
I think you are eligible, but I'm not working for MOM and I have no liberty to assure a person's eligibility, so please do not take my answer seriously

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:42 pm

Is this for real? It looks like a most prestigious parody... :twisted:
Be careful what you wish for

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:47 pm

Assuming it is for real...

SUGGESTED ANSWER REGARDING YOUR S PASS QUESTION!!! I HOPE THIS HELPS, BUT THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT NEXT TIME, OK???

Please use the search function and read the many other threads on similar subjects. In short, you need to have sufficient knowledge and relevant experience for a position that cannot be filled by a Singaporean in order to stand a chance of securing an employment pass. From the information you have posted, that looks doubtful TBH.

Also, please note that 'eligibility' in this context refers to eligibility to apply for an S Pass, etc. It does not imply guaranteed eligibility for the pass itself; that will be entirely at the discretion of the MOM, and they do NOT share their internal criteria with the public at large. This is a misunderstanding that has caught many people out in the past.
Last edited by Mi Amigo on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:49 pm

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the tone of the post. It reads either with insane desperation or total lack of internet etiquette. :-/

Either way, my answer would be 'so-so' but just my opinion. You exhibited below-average English proficiency, you're a fresh graduate, your degree is from a apparently decent school in India (is it under approved list of universities in MOM's website?) and you're right, MOM is getting very tight in pass approval.

Fresh grad from India for SGD2200/month for S Pass. Seems OK. You can try. I wonder what other regulars here would think.

midhunrahul

Post by midhunrahul » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 2:01 pm

Thankyou sir...My university is in MOM's approved list.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 2:36 pm

Highly doubtful. I hope.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:07 pm

midhunrahul wrote:Thankyou sir...My university is in MOM's approved list.
Yes, but what relevant experience do you have? You just graduated recently and did then three months as an intern in a pharma company - how does that qualify you for a job in the O&G sector? Keep in mind that there are thousands of recent grads here in Singapore who are looking for their first 'proper' job.

midhunrahul

Post by midhunrahul » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Highly doubtful. I hope.

let me know the reasons for doubtful..

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:10 pm

midhunrahul wrote:let me know the reasons for doubtful..
Please see my comments above.

midhunrahul

Post by midhunrahul » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:11 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
Yes, but what relevant experience do you have? You just graduated recently and did then three months as an intern in a pharma company - how does that qualify you for a job in the O&G sector? Keep in mind that there are thousands of recent grads here in Singapore who are looking for their first 'proper' job.
thanks.. for the same sir.

midhunrahul

Post by midhunrahul » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:18 pm

midhunrahul wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:
In addition to that Ive done few dipoma courses on Industrial Automations and AutoCAD.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:24 pm

I don't understand some people. why don't you just go apply for a job and then wait for the employer to apply for the pass for you. If it's approved, good for you but it's rejected then swallow it and move on. all this desperation and trying to convince yourself with your qualifications being recognised by MoM will do you no good until you apply for a job.

Good luck!
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:26 pm

midhunrahul wrote:In addition to that Ive done few dipoma courses on Industrial Automations and AutoCAD.
Jolly good, but what the MOM will be looking for in any S Pass application is what practical knowledge and experience from previous employment (if any) you will be bringing to the table. I'm just trying to get across the point that you will be one of (potentially) thousands of people trying to secure their first job after graduating - and the local folks don't need to worry about S Passes or anything like that. I'd seriously suggest that you spend some time reading through other similar threads on this board - you will also see that there has been a significant reduction in the number of passes granted to people applying from your home country.

Maybe this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but we don't BS on this site; we just tell it the way we see it. But by all means, go ahead and try if you want to - if so, kindly update this thread with the outcome.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:28 pm

midhunrahul wrote:
midhunrahul wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote: Yes, but what relevant experience do you have? You just graduated recently and did then three months as an intern in a pharma company - how does that qualify you for a job in the O&G sector? Keep in mind that there are thousands of recent grads here in Singapore who are looking for their first 'proper' job.
In addition to that Ive done few dipoma courses on Industrial Automations and AutoCAD.
At this point, I'm not sure if those diploma courses can help you.
How about this: try this tool from MoM -> http://sat.mom.gov.sg/satservlet

No one can guarantee the result provided by the tool and the real result, but give it a try (although 2200 for O&G is too cheap, I think).
"Budget Expat"