Singapore Expats

LTVP In-principle approval received but still worried.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jhun_kyo

LTVP In-principle approval received but still worried.

Post by jhun_kyo » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:24 pm

Hi, i got some minor enquires which i hope u guys can help me out.

Me and my wife got married on May 11, and i applied my LTVP for her and recently i got this In principle approval from ICA. May i know what does this IPA means? Cause to be honest i did not pin high hopes on her LTVP application to succeed the first time ( as i read a lot from the forums so i was ready for them to reject it. Just apply and try my luck ).

The reason i am slightly worried because I do not have tax assessments from past 3 years and i started having a full time Job January 2013 with monthly salary 2.5k SGD. I do have CPF contributions from the company i am working ever since I worked full time from Jan 2013. I was working part-time at the same company from May 2012 but it wasnt that much money ( still got some minor CPF contribution ).

So my first question is, what are the chances ICA will approve her LTVP when i go submit her documents? Is there any history where people received IPA letter and got rejected when they went and submit documents. Everything that i entered during her online application was 100% truth and no lies. Will there be a chance they will reject her because of my tax assessment? Is there anyway i can do about it, such as using my educational level to let them feel that i am confident enough to maintain this job or find better job that can support me and my wife?

My second question is, my wife SVP ( which has extended to 89 days already ) is valid till 23 July. Her appointment is on 22 July. Do i need to go down to ICA earlier to address this and ask for another extension of her SVP? Or the officer will see to it on 22 July and decide for her to extend her SVP or to ask her leave SG on the next day?

If my questions are confusing i apologise. Please kindly help me out guys. Thanks a lot :)

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:34 pm

If you have been 100% honest on the application, you should not be worried.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:16 pm

Don't worry about it. You are good to go provided you did not omit any relevant data on the application. If you got the IPA, unless she fails a medical (if requested), you are good to go.

Are you a Singaporean or a PR. What is you wife's nationality?

What are your educational qualifications? Hers?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jhun_kyo

Post by jhun_kyo » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:20 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about it. You are good to go provided you did not omit any relevant data on the application. If you got the IPA, unless she fails a medical (if requested), you are good to go.

Hi guys thanks for reply.
I am a SG citizen, my wife is PRC. I am 100% honest with the application.
She is only primary sch level, for me i am NTU second upper honors graduate. She passed the medical exam already :) .

How about her valid pass? Do they approve on that day itself? Cause her pass valid till 23 July... The appointment is on 22 July. One day left, is it too risky to risk it?

lclmum

Post by lclmum » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:48 am

jhun_kyo wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about it. You are good to go provided you did not omit any relevant data on the application. If you got the IPA, unless she fails a medical (if requested), you are good to go.

She is only primary sch level, for me i am NTU second upper honors graduate. She passed the medical exam already :) .

How about her valid pass? Do they approve on that day itself? Cause her pass valid till 23 July... The appointment is on 22 July. One day left, is it too risky to risk it?
Hi jhun_kyo!

I'm a newbie too. I've been helping my bro-in-law in his LTVP applications for his wife & children for several years now, and so far we've not been rejected for as long we have all documents as requested and in good order.
Since you apply online, I assume you have already received the email from ICA about the AIP and made the necessary online payments before booking the appointment. Click on the link in the email, it will bring you to the e-VP page where you should be able to see the application reference number VSC2013xxxxxxxx, your wife's name as in her passport, application submission date and payment details (amount and date paid). If you have made the necessary payments, it should state S$60 Issuance fee, S$30 Visa fee (Total of S$90).
- Get all your original documents ready (your NRIC, her passport & white Embarkation/Disembarkation card, both yours & wife's educational certs, marriage cert as per requested in the Approval Notice) and make at least one set of photocopy each,
- print out the Approval Notice (set the printer to Actual size, and not Fit to Size, so that you can easily scan the barcode on your appointment date),
- print out the IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form, complete it and sign it,
- print out the Form 14, complete any missing details and sign it accordingly,
- and print out the Terms & Conditions of Issue of Long Term Pass Card, complete and sign it accordingly.
Don't worry so much about your CPF contribution history, etc. You need to get all your documents in correct order. :)

lclmum

Post by lclmum » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:58 am

And oh ya, don't forget about her birth certificate to prove that it belongs to the same person as per her passport. If it's not in English, get official translation for it. The same applies for her educational certs, if it's not in English. If you're married here in Singapore, the ROM marriage cert will do. If your marriage was done overseas, bring the foreign marriage cert to ROM, get it acknowledged & endorsed officially in ROM. You'll get a cert from ROM that officially recognises your marriage.
By the way, even though you have to submit the IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form, it's helpful to also print out and attach your CPF 15-month Contribution History statement (login at the CPF website using your SingPass) and your latest IRAS Notification of Assessment too. Hope that helps :)

triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:11 am

[quote="jhun_kyo"

How about her valid pass? Do they approve on that day itself? Cause her pass valid till 23 July... The appointment is on 22 July. One day left, is it too risky to risk it?[/quote]

I was approved and issued the actual LTVP card with one year stay on the day of my documentation review, if that helps.

jhun_kyo

Post by jhun_kyo » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:55 am

lclmum wrote:And oh ya, don't forget about her birth certificate to prove that it belongs to the same person as per her passport. If it's not in English, get official translation for it. The same applies for her educational certs, if it's not in English. If you're married here in Singapore, the ROM marriage cert will do. If your marriage was done overseas, bring the foreign marriage cert to ROM, get it acknowledged & endorsed officially in ROM. You'll get a cert from ROM that officially recognises your marriage.
By the way, even though you have to submit the IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form, it's helpful to also print out and attach your CPF 15-month Contribution History statement (login at the CPF website using your SingPass) and your latest IRAS Notification of Assessment too. Hope that helps :)
Hi newbie, thanks for reply.

Ok so I do not need to worry much, i already got all the documents prepared. As for the CPF contribution statement, yeah i can print it but for IRAS i do not have any tax filed for past 3 years. I do not know what to provide for the tax assessment part. Should i check with IRAS?

lclmum

Post by lclmum » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 3:36 am

jhun_kyo wrote:
lclmum wrote:And oh ya, don't forget about her birth certificate to prove that it belongs to the same person as per her passport. If it's not in English, get official translation for it. The same applies for her educational certs, if it's not in English. If you're married here in Singapore, the ROM marriage cert will do. If your marriage was done overseas, bring the foreign marriage cert to ROM, get it acknowledged & endorsed officially in ROM. You'll get a cert from ROM that officially recognises your marriage.
Hi newbie, thanks for reply.

Ok so I do not need to worry much, i already got all the documents prepared. As for the CPF contribution statement, yeah i can print it but for IRAS i do not have any tax filed for past 3 years. I do not know what to provide for the tax assessment part. Should i check with IRAS?
First, check at the IRAS website, login using your SingPass and see if IRAS has your records. If your annual income has been below S$20k ever since you started working, and if you have registered at IRAS, you should receive sms notifications that you do not need to file for taxes. However, if you have not updated IRAS about your employment and haven't registered, then you need to declare your income (for any part-time, temporary or full-time jobs) from the beginning. You can go in person to IRAS directly, bring all your original payslips & IR8A (given yearly by your employer if you're working in private companies) and/or Form 8E (given by HR if you're working in Stat Boards or Ministries). The IRAS officer may require you to fill up some forms to start open up your records and advise you accordingly from that point onwards. :)