Singapore Expats

Do you think Singapore PR is harder to get than other places

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 4:48 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:The people are polite and customer service rocks.
Are you talking about Singapore??? :???:
I've seen the black sheeps but most of them are nice...

abc123xyz

Post by abc123xyz » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 6:57 pm

PNGMK wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:
PNGMK wrote: I'd still consider Singapore the 'easiest' Asian country to get PR in. Most Asian countries don't even have a workable system for PR or it's completely back logged. MY, Indo, India, Thailand, Cambodia, VN, CN, Sri Lanka, PNG etc have no real PR system - they long visas available but no real right of residency for ever (actually some do but for retirement or if you provide a lot of capital inflow).

Secondly Australia has tightened up - you need quals and a good job prospects similar to Singapore and furthermore you really need to live there to become a PR.

Canada and the US are not slam dunks by any means.

However where you analogy really fails is that Singapore is still open for foreigners who can find a job provided it pays enough and that job is usually a pathway to long term residency. That does not apply to most Asian countries at all.

I'd say you're just a xenophobic idiot who is better off not coming to Singapore. Stay home.
Hello, thank you for the insights...

But I think it's a bit harsh to call someone idiot, maybe he's just having a bad day...
I've reconsidered my opinion, you're actually an illiterate imbecile. Apologies.
:/ you need a lifetime supply of pink Panadols

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:30 am

PNGMK wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:
PNGMK wrote: I'd still consider Singapore the 'easiest' Asian country to get PR in. Most Asian countries don't even have a workable system for PR or it's completely back logged. MY, Indo, India, Thailand, Cambodia, VN, CN, Sri Lanka, PNG etc have no real PR system - they long visas available but no real right of residency for ever (actually some do but for retirement or if you provide a lot of capital inflow).

Secondly Australia has tightened up - you need quals and a good job prospects similar to Singapore and furthermore you really need to live there to become a PR.

Canada and the US are not slam dunks by any means.

However where you analogy really fails is that Singapore is still open for foreigners who can find a job provided it pays enough and that job is usually a pathway to long term residency. That does not apply to most Asian countries at all.

I'd say you're just a xenophobic idiot who is better off not coming to Singapore. Stay home.
Hello, thank you for the insights...

But I think it's a bit harsh to call someone idiot, maybe he's just having a bad day...
I've reconsidered my opinion, you're actually an illiterate imbecile. Apologies.
Since you called me names, you win the argument. Hooray! Congrats!
Notwithstanding the name calling, I stand by what I said. It is harder NOW to become a PR in Singapore than in the countries I mentioned (for certain nationalities). But it is easier to get a job in Singapore than in those countries. If you are a H1B visa holder in the US, chances are greater for you to have a green card after 5 years. IF you are a P2 holder in singapore, what is your chances to be PR? It would still be low unless you are Malaysian. You are correct in that other Asian countries are more strict in granting residency that is why I mentioned certain countries only.