Singapore Expats Forum

Re: Enthusiasts for piano duets?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bufloe

Postby bufloe » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:28 am

Hi All!

Any of the like-minded souls would like to explore classical music and play piano duets together? One thing I always long for when I'm back in my home is to sit right in front of my piano and just get lost in the sound of music..I was trained with classical music (Beethoven, Chopin and tchaikovsky are my fav composers) but sometimes I do get out of track with pop songs.

Please pm me if you re also one enthusiastic piano player (but I don't have a piano in Singapore right now ><)

Cheers~
I can't actually reply until I've posted further threads so, do send me your contacts so we could catch up.
Last edited by bufloe on Tue, 28 Jan 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
'The meaning of life is to give life a meaning'

Priscilla.Ong

Postby Priscilla.Ong » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:28 pm

Hi Bufloe!

I do play duet pieces as well,but only when my teacher is around!

I have played piano duets such as Schubert Fantasia in F Minor D940,Schubert Military March and interesting duets which i have not explore are pieces that is compose by Mozart!

Btw,if you do not have a piano,how can you practisc on your pieces?

Cheers :)

bufloe

Postby bufloe » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 1:15 am

Hey Priscilla,

Not sure if this still reaches you. Where do you live in Singapore?

I'm currently also teaching some yoga so sometimes I will stay longer at my student's place where she owns a piano for playing- and we do have some simple duets together too~

Maybe we could catch up for some songs together =)

Cheers
'The meaning of life is to give life a meaning'

pianoaddict

Postby pianoaddict » Fri, 07 Mar 2014 1:30 pm

Hi, I also would like to do piano duets... I taught piano lessons part time last year and stopped to concentrate on my fulltime job... now I just want to enjoy playing piano with like minded people... Hope we could do a meetup to play... I have a digital piano at home so I can practice the pieces that we can play together....
My favorite composers are Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Mozart, Schubert and Bach. But I love classical music in general so any piece that's nice is fine...
email me at: mpaylaga@gmail.com