Singapore Expats Forum

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
x9200

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:45 pm

But you make your choice based on her eeee, attributes, not the fact that you despise men because you think men are to be despised.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:57 pm

x9200....

BINGO! Best explanation thus far.

bgd
Editor
Editor

Postby bgd » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:59 pm

Sporkin wrote:Not being treated bad per se, just being deprived the pleasure to behold the glory that is you :D

If I'm not married and an attractive girl that I can possibly score with wants to meet me at 7.30pm at a bar on Saturday, and a guy( attractive too ) wants to have a few brewskis with me at the same time, I know who I'll choose.

Let me guess. Beer! This is why these poor girls can't get dates. :P
Last edited by bgd on Tue, 14 Jul 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 6:01 pm

x9200 wrote:
Thank you for proving my point. You see now what I mean. Things like this are for you transparent or hard to imagine to be true (like with the jumping queue example).

1. Image

2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbu ... queue.html
cough* italians *cough

3. Image

4. don't see a queue here lol

I see points 1-5 among almost every race not just Asians and frankly none of this matters at the dating game, also on your date you are most likely to put on your best behavior and habits.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree with those assumptions :roll:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 6:33 pm

Raj, really, you disappoint me. You are saying you can not distinguish between statistically significant number of occurrences and something that is more like incidents? Go out and talk to some Westerners and ask them whether my points are valid. I bet most Westerner would have strong reservation on putting some dirty remains onto a table covered with pristine fabric. Now, go to a Chinese sea-food restaurant, middle-end and see what happens there.

Besides, these were only some admittedly shallow examples. The true cultural issues may arise around mentality related problems as of the the jumping queues. The women I know would found such behaviour not acceptable while for you it looks it is something even worth personal reward.

FOX711

Re: RE: Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby FOX711 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 7:13 pm

Sporkin wrote:Anyone of you saw the video of the Indian guy who got rejected by an Indian girl and then got his Caucasian guy friend to prank her? I was reading the comments and how some of them said the girl's rejection to date anyone Indian is racism( against her own race ), others mentioned it is her choice and preference. So how does one's race based preferences reach the point where it IS considered racism? Is there a line drawn in the sand or just shades of grey. Perhaps its another 'ism....

Assume sets:
D=men worth dating, W=white,A=Asian
Preference means:
if w,a∈D , then,w>a
Racism means:
if a∈A, theb a does not∈D

I think any ism or ian r personal choicese. but according to the original story here, and law of attraction, thats why I suggestion her put down the "WHITE" line in meeting people, so that she can meet people who r more international and less any ism ian, expand her net work... THEN, she can still PREFER the white guy once the set is big enough.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Sporkin » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 7:41 pm

Those poor poor women, I prefer to think of it as not inflicting upon them the particular acquired taste that is me :D

bgd wrote:
Sporkin wrote:Not being treated bad per se, just being deprived the pleasure to behold the glory that is you :D

If I'm not married and an attractive girl that I can possibly score with wants to meet me at 7.30pm at a bar on Saturday, and a guy( attractive too ) wants to have a few brewskis with me at the same time, I know who I'll choose.

Let me guess. Beer! This is why these poor girls can't get dates. :P

bgd
Editor
Editor

Postby bgd » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:27 am

Sporkin wrote:Those poor poor women, I prefer to think of it as not inflicting upon them the particular acquired taste that is me :D

I don't think they will mind, no one else is dating them. :wink:

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 1:49 pm

x9200 wrote:Raj, really, you disappoint me. You are saying you can not distinguish between statistically significant number of occurrences and something that is more like incidents? Go out and talk to some Westerners and ask them whether my points are valid. I bet most Westerner would have strong reservation on putting some dirty remains onto a table covered with pristine fabric. Now, go to a Chinese sea-food restaurant, middle-end and see what happens there.

Besides, these were only some admittedly shallow examples. The true cultural issues may arise around mentality related problems as of the the jumping queues. The women I know would found such behaviour not acceptable while for you it looks it is something even worth personal reward.

Of course I can distinguish between one off incidents and re-occurrences, not all westerners dirty the table or have bad habits ( its the exception than the norm) in the same way vice versa for say Asians.
what i was trying to highlight was if you were to sit in front of a woman at a date, I wouldn't be analyzing on her habits to start with, more so on the personality, sense of humour, intelligence etc..

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Postby nanana » Fri, 17 Jul 2015 1:33 pm

bgd wrote:
Sporkin wrote:Those poor poor women, I prefer to think of it as not inflicting upon them the particular acquired taste that is me :D

bgd, you are so mean!

bgd
Editor
Editor

Postby bgd » Mon, 20 Jul 2015 2:16 pm

nanana wrote:
bgd wrote:

bgd, you are so mean!

Thank you. :D

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 1:03 pm

x9200 wrote:Raj, really, you disappoint me. You are saying you can not distinguish between statistically significant number of occurrences and something that is more like incidents? Go out and talk to some Westerners and ask them whether my points are valid. I bet most Westerner would have strong reservation on putting some dirty remains onto a table covered with pristine fabric. Now, go to a Chinese sea-food restaurant, middle-end and see what happens there.

I was at a popular Chinese sea food restaurant the other day... I saw what you described.I can't say I would do such a thing like staining a nice tablecloth, but some others have no qualms about it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 3:41 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:I was at a popular Chinese sea food restaurant the other day... I saw what you described.I can't say I would do such a thing like staining a nice tablecloth, but some others have no qualms about it.

it's not about not having qualms .. it is a 'when in Rome' thing ..

Every Chinese "Restaurant" expects clients to put the bones and stuff on the table cloth, which will be replaced when the customer leaves .. that's a very local thing ..

I have asked for a side dish to put the bones and the crew normally give me a funny look and say I must leave it on the table ..

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 5:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:I was at a popular Chinese sea food restaurant the other day... I saw what you described.I can't say I would do such a thing like staining a nice tablecloth, but some others have no qualms about it.

it's not about not having qualms .. it is a 'when in Rome' thing ..

Every Chinese "Restaurant" expects clients to put the bones and stuff on the table cloth, which will be replaced when the customer leaves .. that's a very local thing ..

I have asked for a side dish to put the bones and the crew normally give me a funny look and say I must leave it on the table ..

but its a strange uneasy feeling to stain a good tablecloth..

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 7:54 pm

This is exactly how I feel about it and this is a cultural thing. It's also not whether some customs are better or worse (if different cultures are compared) but about the cultural preconditioning. Regardless our good intention to understand, and the actual understanding of what's going on (as ecureilx mentioned, it's an expected behaviour, more-over, surely included to the price) it still can repeal. For the people doing it, it's pretty transparent so if they are asked not to do it (because you feel uneasy), they would wonder what is this whole fuss about as this uneasy feeling is not fully rational (we waste many things every day).

Getting back to the dating ground, I don't think issues like this will do any serious damage alone but if this is not the first time, no strong chemistry (yet) and then there are some other more important factors associated with the fact that this society is much more patriarchal comparing to the Western standards... I believe women in general are more tolerant when it comes to the physical appearance so what is left is the culture, because the fact the Caucasian (or Western) women do not prefer local men is hard to deny.