Singapore Expats Forum

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:43 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:^
@X9 your theory has a lot of holes

1.if you ate in a seafood restaurant you put remains of the dinner on the tables cover
2. makes a lot of noise? and you think white men don't?
3. loudly cleans nose and throat in public.. i have seen several men from all races do this too ( its a turn off but not a big let down imo)
4. jumps queues? lol
picture this: long queue to get a concert ticket, guy: hey honey i'm jumping the queue for you. i
girl: i hate you! i'm dumping you like NOW!
5. I can agree with point 5 but then we are taking abou just dating here right? not a serious relationship.

unfortunately none of this really matters.. bad habits are one thing, but personality issues are another.


Thank you for proving my point. You see now what I mean. Things like this are for you transparent or hard to imagine to be true (like with the jumping queue example).

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: RE: Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:18 am

FOX711 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:^
@X9 your theory has a lot of holes

1.if you ate in a seafood restaurant you put remains of the dinner on the tables cover
2. makes a lot of noise? and you think white men don't?
3. loudly cleans nose and throat in public.. i have seen several men from all races do this too ( its a turn off but not a big let down imo)
4. jumps queues? lol
picture this: long queue to get a concert ticket, guy: hey honey i'm jumping the queue for you. i
girl: i hate you! i'm dumping you like NOW!
5. I can agree with point 5 but then we are taking abou just dating here right? not a serious relationship.

unfortunately none of this really matters.. bad habits are one thing, but personality issues are another.

haha, good reply.

race or culture, whatever u name it, its just being judgemental.

how ignorant a person could be to think a man would make loudly noise when eating, just because he is Asian?

General note, may I suggest you turn down a bit your right from the start arrogant and provocative attitude? Would certainly help with discussion unless you want to have it personal, than I think you have chosen a wrong place.

It's not because he is an Asian, it's because he is culturally conditioned and see it as normal. I bet you have simply no idea what I am talking about because it is transparent for you, ergo you don't think you are noisy (if you actually are).
You will find surprising that many Singaporeans, true-blue, born here, find PR Chinese to be very noisy (and some more other things) and this is an opinion expressed by Singaporean Chinese. At the same time many Westerners (to help you a bit, regardless the country of origin and color of their skin) find Singaporeans to be noisy.


and talking about life partner, wouldnt personality like kindness, honesty, those kind of things matter more than whether he makes noise when eating?
because those behaviors sound like sth could be fixed and changed in a word: honey, i love u, could u please not to do bla bla? but kindness, caring kind of sth cant be implanted no matter how high class manner u have on the table.

How old are you?
It's like saying that in dating (and later) only personality matters.


its my culture to share food, to care others, and to accept difference. Am I Asian? white? black? MARs?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:24 am

bgd wrote:
x9200 wrote:
For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.


I have to disagree. Aussies don't seem to have any trouble getting dates. :cool:

You mean there is a lot of Aussie women who date local guys?

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby bgd » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:37 am

x9200 wrote:
bgd wrote:
x9200 wrote:
For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.


I have to disagree. Aussies don't seem to have any trouble getting dates. :cool:

You mean there is a lot of Aussie women who date local guys?


Lost in translation. I was having a crack at Aussie men.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:41 am

Even in this very thread (1st two pages) there are some posts indicating that the cultural problems are at least part of the issue.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby bro75 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:59 am

We do gravitate towards people of the same ethnicity, culture, and religion because that is where our comfort zone is. So you will see more couples of the same ethnicity, same religion, and same culture than not. That said, inter religious, inter ethnic, and inter cultural relationships are on the rise due to globalization.

nanana
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2008

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby nanana » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:22 pm

bgd wrote:
x9200 wrote:
For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.


I have to disagree. Aussies don't seem to have any trouble getting dates. :cool:


I just rejected an Aussie guy at a social function. :wink:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed his company very much. We were all over each other at some point. :mrgreen: But when he asked for my number, I refused to give him. Reason being he was addressing me as "darl" the whole time. When I asked him what's my name, he couldn't even remember it! That's when I decided to kiss him goodbye and let him hung out to dry. :twisted:

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:24 pm

nanana wrote:
bgd wrote:
x9200 wrote:
For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.


I have to disagree. Aussies don't seem to have any trouble getting dates. :cool:


I just rejected an Aussie guy at a social function. :wink:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed his company very much. We were all over each other at some point. :mrgreen: But when he asked for my number, I refused to give him. Reason being he was addressing me as "darl" the whole time. When I asked him what's my name, he couldn't even remember it! That's when I decided to kiss him goodbye and let him hung out to dry. :twisted:


Darla, is that you? Otherwise, I'll have to call you Bob.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri, 20 Jun 2014

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby Sporkin » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 3:41 pm

Anyone of you saw the video of the Indian guy who got rejected by an Indian girl and then got his Caucasian guy friend to prank her? I was reading the comments and how some of them said the girl's rejection to date anyone Indian is racism( against her own race ), others mentioned it is her choice and preference. So how does one's race based preferences reach the point where it IS considered racism? Is there a line drawn in the sand or just shades of grey. Perhaps its another 'ism....

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 3:46 pm

nanana wrote:I just rejected an Aussie guy at a social function. :wink:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed his company very much. We were all over each other at some point. :mrgreen: But when he asked for my number, I refused to give him. Reason being he was addressing me as "darl" the whole time. When I asked him what's my name, he couldn't even remember it! That's when I decided to kiss him goodbye and let him hung out to dry. :twisted:

You just don't want to admit you are still on a singtel chargeable incoming calls plan and you were pissed off with this guy he didn't ask about your email.

Talking about generalisation, you realise of course that many guys have problems with remembering names, female or male, doesn't matter and not necessary this is a lack of respect? Unless you were all over each other for more than 1 social function.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 3:48 pm

bro75 wrote:We do gravitate towards people of the same ethnicity, culture, and religion because that is where our comfort zone is. So you will see more couples of the same ethnicity, same religion, and same culture than not. That said, inter religious, inter ethnic, and inter cultural relationships are on the rise due to globalization.

Well, yes, but I think it's not only the attraction to the comfort zone alone.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 4:18 pm

Sporkin wrote:Anyone of you saw the video of the Indian guy who got rejected by an Indian girl and then got his Caucasian guy friend to prank her? I was reading the comments and how some of them said the girl's rejection to date anyone Indian is racism( against her own race ), others mentioned it is her choice and preference. So how does one's race based preferences reach the point where it IS considered racism? Is there a line drawn in the sand or just shades of grey. Perhaps its another 'ism....

Racism is when at least one of these two condition is fulfilled:
1) you think some races are superior to others
2) you treat someone bad with the race of this person being the reason.

Preferring one race because of some visual or cultural or other distinctive race characteristics is on the same level as preferring women to men. The fact that I am a straight male does not make me female chauvinists or a homophobe.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri, 20 Jun 2014

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby Sporkin » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:04 pm

Let's take for example a job interview with 2 candidates vying for the same position, all things being equal, can you be sure your personal preferences for specific visual traits not influence your decision at all?

If you like some visual traits:
- i like fair skin
- i like blue eyes

it may not mean:
- i dislike non fair skin
- i dislike non blue eyes

But given the choice of both you have a preference bias, having a bias mean you are actively performing positive discrimination for some and negatively discriminating against others.

It's something we can dress up and tone down, but I don't think we can ever truly get rid of.

x9200 wrote:
Sporkin wrote:Anyone of you saw the video of the Indian guy who got rejected by an Indian girl and then got his Caucasian guy friend to prank her? I was reading the comments and how some of them said the girl's rejection to date anyone Indian is racism( against her own race ), others mentioned it is her choice and preference. So how does one's race based preferences reach the point where it IS considered racism? Is there a line drawn in the sand or just shades of grey. Perhaps its another 'ism....

Racism is when at least one of these two condition is fulfilled:
1) you think some races are superior to others
2) you treat someone bad with the race of this person being the reason.

Preferring one race because of some visual or cultural or other distinctive race characteristics is on the same level as preferring women to men. The fact that I am a straight male does not make me female chauvinists or a homophobe.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:14 pm

I disagree. Having a positive bias does not mean to be negative towards the other person. Just do the mental experiment and follow the example with the gender (its easy, because it is based on strong preconditions). Preferring woman to man (or vice-versa) does not make you negative towards the other gender. You don't feel you are superior, you don't want to treat them bad just because they are not your preferred choice.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri, 20 Jun 2014

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Postby Sporkin » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 5:23 pm

Not being treated bad per se, just being deprived the pleasure to behold the glory that is you :D

If I'm not married and an attractive girl that I can possibly score with wants to meet me at 7.30pm at a bar on Saturday, and a guy( attractive too ) wants to have a few brewskis with me at the same time, I know who I'll choose.


x9200 wrote:I disagree. Having a positive bias does not mean to be negative towards the other person. Just do the mental experiment and follow the example with the gender (its easy, because it is based on strong preconditions). Preferring woman to man (or vice-versa) does not make you negative towards the other gender. You don't feel you are superior, you don't want to treat them bad just because they are not your preferred choice.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests