Singapore Expats Forum

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5767
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:51 pm

musicgirl wrote:This is true, it's not really their fault. But unfortunately they end up lacking maturity because of it. I also realize I'm generalizing, there are always exceptions, unfortunately I haven't met many of the exceptions.

I know the thread specifies caucasian/white, but as mentioned above it really isn't about race, but about cultural compatibility. It's about being raised in a western, free thinking society and being able to share on a similar mental playing-field (if that makes sense).


True.

I know if I were a woman I'd not be able to stomach a Singapore male partner.... (most likely).

Their favourite trick? Taking a girl to a horror movie in the hope a free grope. I have a lady friend who routinely ends up seeing the same horror show 3 times (with different guys)....

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby Steve1960 » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 8:37 am

PNGMK wrote:Their favourite trick? Taking a girl to a horror movie in the hope a free grope. I have a lady friend who routinely ends up seeing the same horror show 3 times (with different guys)....


I was doing that 35 years ago :wink:

I am Caucasian, two previous marriages and a failed long term relationship all with 'free thinking' European individuals. I am now married to a Filipina. She has a strong personality and I would never treat her like a door mat or attempt to control her but it is different. Much more suitable to my personality. My brother commented that he has never seen me so happy and that I should have discovered Asia 35 years ago!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 8:59 am

It all boils down to personality eventually.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35171
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 9:29 am

Steve1960, we both have a similar track record.

I just celebrated my 30th anniversary on Tuesday . Also married 2x to WASPs (well, English stock though - one Irish, one Scottish). Now married to Singapore Indian.

I really don't think of it as an East-West type of thing, but just one, as Steve noted, of personality (and openness of the mindset of the individual to relationships outside of their race/culture). I grew up in the years before the long hot summer in the US. In fact I worked IN Washington DC when the blacks tried to burn it down. I lived 16 miles from the first race riots in the US incited by H Rap Brown in Cambridge, MD back in 1964. I was raised in the predominately segregated communities of the era and graduated from an all white high school. Ironically, it was my 2nd wife who became my saviour and taught me another way when it come to racial integration and acceptance. While our marriage broke down for other reasons, the lasting legacy she gave me was an openness to other races. I have to thank her for that.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5767
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 9:39 am


irnbru
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby irnbru » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:33 pm

This is a very interesting thread, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself. I would fall into the unusual category of single white female expat and although I haven't exactly been out particularly looking, I did wonder with the high percentage of White men/Asian women, is that just the norm.
I have found that most of the Asian men I have got chatting to turn out to be married though!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 2:54 pm

irnbru wrote:This is a very interesting thread, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself. I would fall into the unusual category of single white female expat and although I haven't exactly been out particularly looking, I did wonder with the high percentage of White men/Asian women, is that just the norm.
I have found that most of the Asian men I have got chatting to turn out to be married though!


"How you doin'?"

:P

irnbru
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby irnbru » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:01 pm

nakatago wrote:
irnbru wrote:This is a very interesting thread, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself. I would fall into the unusual category of single white female expat and although I haven't exactly been out particularly looking, I did wonder with the high percentage of White men/Asian women, is that just the norm.
I have found that most of the Asian men I have got chatting to turn out to be married though!


"How you doin'?"

:P


Charming :wink:

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:21 pm

irnbru wrote:
nakatago wrote:
irnbru wrote:This is a very interesting thread, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself. I would fall into the unusual category of single white female expat and although I haven't exactly been out particularly looking, I did wonder with the high percentage of White men/Asian women, is that just the norm.
I have found that most of the Asian men I have got chatting to turn out to be married though!


"How you doin'?"

:P


Charming :wink:


"So, what's a nice girl like you doing in a dump like this?"

:P

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:24 pm

PNGMK wrote:http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/i-wooed-my-man-with-a-sandwich/


I want me some sammiches too.....

irnbru
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby irnbru » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:32 pm

nakatago wrote:
irnbru wrote:
nakatago wrote:
irnbru wrote:This is a very interesting thread, I was starting to wonder the same thing myself. I would fall into the unusual category of single white female expat and although I haven't exactly been out particularly looking, I did wonder with the high percentage of White men/Asian women, is that just the norm.
I have found that most of the Asian men I have got chatting to turn out to be married though!


"How you doin'?"

:P


Charming :wink:



"So, what's a nice girl like you doing in a dump like this?"

:P


Reconsidering... :)

musicgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby musicgirl » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 12:24 am

Make your own sammich... :roll: But I will bake cookies.

I'm with you irnbru. I wasn't looking much my first year here, but eventually you gotta get out there and see what's available... It's certainly different.

I think there are more single white expat females that you think (Wd40). Most of the friends/colleagues I hang out with fit that description.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5767
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 6:31 pm

musicgirl wrote:Make your own sammich... :roll: But I will bake cookies.

I'm with you irnbru. I wasn't looking much my first year here, but eventually you gotta get out there and see what's available... It's certainly different.

I think there are more single white expat females that you think (Wd40). Most of the friends/colleagues I hang out with fit that description.


+1

The International School system brings in hundreds of single white females of various ages and virtue. They tend to turn over fairly quickly as most contracts are two years and the ladies move on back home or to better positions.

IF you're into expat single women (and by the ways, a LOT of American Asian girls in this group) then get into their social circles and you'll have a happy hunting ground....

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5767
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 6:37 pm

nakatago wrote:
PNGMK wrote:http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/i-wooed-my-man-with-a-sandwich/


I want me some sammiches too.....


The lady in the article is a real cutey. I think her boyfriend is a knob for not making her an honest woman though.

irnbru
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 06 Feb 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby irnbru » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:32 pm

So would you reckon most are in the education field?

It's a circle i have absolutely no connection to which might explain things!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests