Singapore Expats

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post by BedokAmerican » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 2:51 pm

This might sound a bit odd (and I'm sorry if this has been discussed before), but do single white/caucasian expat men in Singapore want to date single white/caucasian women?

My caucasian female friend from the U.S. has mentioned to me that there aren't many available, single, straight caucasian men here. The few she's gone out with haven't worked out, maybe because most white men here want Asian women.

Any suggestions on where in Singapore might be a good place for caucasians to meet each other in person, as opposed to online dating sites?

(We're planning to try WNDC this week, but not sure what to expect).

I haven't had to deal with this personally because I came over here married so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the Sg dating scene, so I'm not much help. But some feedback would be appreciated, especially from caucasians who have been in this situation.

Please, no sarcasm.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 2:57 pm

Church (an international one) is not a bad place for white women to meet white men in Singapore.

I'd also recommend online dating.

Apart from that she could simply accept that way too many western men suffer yellow fever for various periods but sometimes get over it.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 3:08 pm

One might also ask the question do caucasian women want to date asian men?
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 3:12 pm

I doubt there are too many expat caucasian(or for that matter other races, expat) single women here.

It is still very much a mans world, east or west. Especially at the higher rungs in MNCs, very very few women. Hence most expat women here are trailing spouses(girl friends)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 5:29 pm

I've known several East West marriages of the reverse kind. Yes it is unusual but it is no longer that rare.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Thu, 01 Aug 2013 10:01 am

For me race doesn't matter. Only chemistry does.... when that is said, I believe it is by far easier for caucasian guys here to date Asian girls. First of all there are more of them here and secondly they seem to be into caucasuan men more than into Asian men.

chaaraard

Post by chaaraard » Sat, 14 Sep 2013 4:07 pm

I'm a Caucasian man and I like Caucasian women; but specifically women of similar cultural background; i.e. from the western-liberal-capitalist bloc countries - the free folk who are usually in all the coalitions - US, Canada, Australia, UK, basically anything west of Germany excluding Spain/Portugal.

But despite globalization and declining European economies there are very few of us in Singapore.

Personally, I believe I have integrated more so than the average Brit/Aussie person - or especially American (no offense) - ever has. I have lived among Asians working in China, THailand, Singapore, Australia etc., I speak mandarin, thai and have served in their governments. But there is still always that cultural gap.

So dear BedokAmerican, I don't think caucasian men just want asian women. But think even IF caucasian men are only here for Asian women, that need is almost always only temporary.

Hope I wasn't too sarcastic.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:11 pm

chaaraard wrote:I'm a Caucasian man and I like Caucasian women; but specifically women of similar cultural background; i.e. from the western-liberal-capitalist bloc countries - the free folk who are usually in all the coalitions - US, Canada, Australia, UK, basically anything west of Germany excluding Spain/Portugal.

But despite globalization and declining European economies there are very few of us in Singapore.

Personally, I believe I have integrated more so than the average Brit/Aussie person - or especially American (no offense) - ever has. I have lived among Asians working in China, THailand, Singapore, Australia etc., I speak mandarin, thai and have served in their governments. But there is still always that cultural gap.

So dear BedokAmerican, I don't think caucasian men just want asian women. But think even IF caucasian men are only here for Asian women, that need is almost always only temporary.

Interesting post. I find Caucasian women far more interesting to be honest than a lot of Asian women. A huge difference in their general levels of maturity as well.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:48 pm

chaaraard wrote: Hope I wasn't too sarcastic.
Sarcastic? Nah. Naive, possibly. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chaaraard

Post by chaaraard » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 7:58 pm

PNGMK wrote:
chaaraard wrote:I'm a Caucasian man and I like Caucasian women; but specifically women of similar cultural background; i.e. from the western-liberal-capitalist bloc countries - the free folk who are usually in all the coalitions - US, Canada, Australia, UK, basically anything west of Germany excluding Spain/Portugal.

Interesting post. I find Caucasian women far more interesting to be honest than a lot of Asian women. A huge difference in their general levels of maturity as well.

Nods

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 8:06 pm

chaaraard wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Nods
Yeah - one too many conversations about Kate Spade or hair extensions or whatever inanity is the current fad.

PNGMK

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 8:07 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:This might sound a bit odd (and I'm sorry if this has been discussed before), but do single white/caucasian expat men in Singapore want to date single white/caucasian women?

My caucasian female friend from the U.S. has mentioned to me that there aren't many available, single, straight caucasian men here. The few she's gone out with haven't worked out, maybe because most white men here want Asian women.

Any suggestions on where in Singapore might be a good place for caucasians to meet each other in person, as opposed to online dating sites?

(We're planning to try WNDC this week, but not sure what to expect).

I haven't had to deal with this personally because I came over here married so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the Sg dating scene, so I'm not much help. But some feedback would be appreciated, especially from caucasians who have been in this situation.

Please, no sarcasm.
If you can wangle your way into some of the clubs (American club) or even better get invited into the USN base up at Sembawang for a function you'll meet plenty of Western men.

musicgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by musicgirl » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 8:42 pm

PNGMK wrote:

Unfortunately the maturity level applies to most local men too. I realize it's a cultural thing to live with your parents, but if I meet another 35 y/o mamma's boy who lives at home I'm gunna go crazy.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:37 pm

musicgirl wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Unfortunately the maturity level applies to most local men too. I realize it's a cultural thing to live with your parents, but if I meet another 35 y/o mamma's boy who lives at home I'm gunna go crazy.
Well partly that's the fault of the HDB rules and housing costs here.... It actually leads to great pick up lines... "I have a condo, all to myself! ...."

musicgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by musicgirl » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:39 pm

This is true, it's not really their fault. But unfortunately they end up lacking maturity because of it. I also realize I'm generalizing, there are always exceptions, unfortunately I haven't met many of the exceptions.

I know the thread specifies caucasian/white, but as mentioned above it really isn't about race, but about cultural compatibility. It's about being raised in a western, free thinking society and being able to share on a similar mental playing-field (if that makes sense).