Singapore Expats

Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:52 pm

irnbru wrote:So would you reckon most are in the education field?

It's a circle i have absolutely no connection to which might explain things!
It's a field full of single expat women but perhaps someone will point out a larger contingent.

musicgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by musicgirl » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:05 pm

Well, I can't contest it. When I said that most of my colleagues fit that description, we are all teachers. I agree there is a high turnover but there are a good number that stick around for a few contracts. It really depends on why they came to begin with, but usually many leave because they don't find much in the romance dept. Many will stay if they have a reason to stay.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:29 pm

musicgirl wrote:Well, I can't contest it. When I said that most of my colleagues fit that description, we are all teachers. I agree there is a high turnover but there are a good number that stick around for a few contracts. It really depends on why they came to begin with, but usually many leave because they don't find much in the romance dept. Many will stay if they have a reason to stay.
+1 - hence the happy hunting ground comment.

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 2:18 pm

This thread...... no idea what to make out of it. Not because I don't agree or its sexist or racist, its just *she shakes her head*.

Whilst I am a Msian chinese woman and yes, OH is causacian brit/caribbean, we met in university and this is our 25year together. Not stereotyping here, he doesn't carry my handbags (I still do not understand this concept). I don't have to talk just about the latest IT bag or hair extensions either.

Chinese guys that chats up causacian women and being married. There's always that stereotype that causcasion woman are sluttier than chinese women. Well, thats what I have been told for years.

I used to have people/relatives that asked me what is it like to be with a caucausion man. So much freedom. etc etc :wink: :roll:

Howver, I have been told that causacion men in SG are hot commodity

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:34 pm

PrimroseHill wrote:This thread...... no idea what to make out of it. Not because I don't agree or its sexist or racist, its just *she shakes her head*.

Whilst I am a Msian chinese woman and yes, OH is causacian brit/caribbean, we met in university and this is our 25year together. Not stereotyping here, he doesn't carry my handbags (I still do not understand this concept). I don't have to talk just about the latest IT bag or hair extensions either.

Chinese guys that chats up causacian women and being married. There's always that stereotype that causcasion woman are sluttier than chinese women. Well, thats what I have been told for years.

I used to have people/relatives that asked me what is it like to be with a caucausion man. So much freedom. etc etc :wink: :roll:

Interesting insight :D :D

I think caucasian men are hot property in most Asia countries and I don't think it is because they are caucasian. I think it is because most caucasian men have good jobs and good income and therefore are considered to be a good catch. The ang mohs are easy to spot and an Asian woman might think it looks cool to carry one on her arm as it gives her a certain status - just as her Gucci handbag and designer dress/shoes.... Status and signs of wealth is everything for a lot of people here in Singapore. Sad really.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 5:42 pm

PrimroseHill wrote:This thread...... no idea what to make out of it. Not because I don't agree or its sexist or racist, its just *she shakes her head*.

The "this race/religion/body type/hair color" is sluttier than the other type is so stupid. IME Caucasian women are actually usually conservative with a few frigid/nympho outliers; just like any other race.

American
Regular
Regular

Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post by American » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 2:35 am

white-on-white is typically an ex-pat package delivery to SG in 1 box, but i have seen white-on-white dating here though not nearly as typical as white-on-asian. for white-on-white, i'm sure you can go to the common upscale ex-pat locales (american club, cricket club, clarke quay) and meet your match. plus there is always tindr(?) :cool:

asian-on-white the other way around is becoming a lot more common too. after all, it is the asian century.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 7:03 am

I've been here three years and prior to this and had dated Indian women only but I'd date a woman not based on her race but her personality in other words any woman as long as we clicked.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:45 am

An old thread popping up.

In the life time of this thread:

The good news - I know of 2 white girls who met and married their white boys in Singapore.

The bad news - I know of a great many white girls (education sector WD40 ;-)) who are single and would dearly love to find that special someone, but it hasn't happened yet.

So the answer to the original question is yes, some do. But it appears there aren't enough to go around.

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 4:38 pm

Bottom line is white guys are the most desireable in almost all of Asia at least for now. That means they get their pick - the alpha males in the grand scheme of things, especially considering the European mans conquest of Asia centuries ago. White women on the other hand more often than not limit themselves to white men.

FOX711

Post by FOX711 » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 7:28 pm

being an intelligent and logical human being, it sounds very strange that a man dates be because I were "white" or "Asian" rather than I am who I am.

BUT, since ur friend limits herself to CAUCASIAN men, it is not that surprising people she meets are also with wierd kinds of limitation, such as "Asian women first"

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 7:12 am

FOX711 wrote:being an intelligent and logical human being, it sounds very strange that a man dates be because I were "white" or "Asian" rather than I am who I am.

BUT, since ur friend limits herself to CAUCASIAN men, it is not that surprising people she meets are also with wierd kinds of limitation, such as "Asian women first"
It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that for many such cases it's not the race but culture. What you consider neutral in your behaviour may be actively repelling for people of another culture. You are in part your ethical/country culture, whether you like it or not. Personality may help, but cultural issues may just add to everyday problems or completely prevent any dating follow-up. All the rest is just statistics.

For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:22 am

^
@X9 your theory has a lot of holes

1.if you ate in a seafood restaurant you put remains of the dinner on the tables cover
2. makes a lot of noise? and you think white men don't?
3. loudly cleans nose and throat in public.. i have seen several men from all races do this too ( its a turn off but not a big let down imo)
4. jumps queues? lol
picture this: long queue to get a concert ticket, guy: hey honey i'm jumping the queue for you. i
girl: i hate you! i'm dumping you like NOW!
5. I can agree with point 5 but then we are taking abou just dating here right? not a serious relationship.

unfortunately none of this really matters.. bad habits are one thing, but personality issues are another.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:26 am

x9200 wrote:
For example, I really doubt if an average White Western woman would like to date a guy who in a restaurant puts remains of his dinner directly on the table's cover, makes a lot of noise, loudly cleans his nose and throat in public, jumps queues and don't do much around himself at home.
I have to disagree. Aussies don't seem to have any trouble getting dates. :cool:

FOX711

Re: RE: Re: Do caucasian men want to date caucasian women?

Post by FOX711 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:39 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:^
@X9 your theory has a lot of holes

1.if you ate in a seafood restaurant you put remains of the dinner on the tables cover
2. makes a lot of noise? and you think white men don't?
3. loudly cleans nose and throat in public.. i have seen several men from all races do this too ( its a turn off but not a big let down imo)
4. jumps queues? lol
picture this: long queue to get a concert ticket, guy: hey honey i'm jumping the queue for you. i
girl: i hate you! i'm dumping you like NOW!
5. I can agree with point 5 but then we are taking abou just dating here right? not a serious relationship.

unfortunately none of this really matters.. bad habits are one thing, but personality issues are another.
haha, good reply.

race or culture, whatever u name it, its just being judgemental.

how ignorant a person could be to think a man would make loudly noise when eating, just because he is Asian?

and talking about life partner, wouldnt personality like kindness, honesty, those kind of things matter more than whether he makes noise when eating?
because those behaviors sound like sth could be fixed and changed in a word: honey, i love u, could u please not to do bla bla? but kindness, caring kind of sth cant be implanted no matter how high class manner u have on the table.

its my culture to share food, to care others, and to accept difference. Am I Asian? white? black? MARs?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk