Singapore Expats

Long term pass 8 weeks n still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rfei

Long term pass 8 weeks n still pending

Post by Rfei » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 1:48 pm

I applied Long term pass for my wife 8 weeks already but status still pending. I am 28 highest education: degree. Current earning 3850 per month as a project manager at a construction company. My wife is a Thai, 28 degree holder also. Do we qualify for the long term pass? Anyone have any experience of approval taking 8 weeks n more? I m quite worry but I do not think we have anything against us for the approval. Pls advise.

Rfei

Post by Rfei » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 9:42 am

Can any kind bro advise me on the matter

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:03 am

What type of pass are you trying for. A believe a Long Term Social Visit pass can only be sponsored by PR or citizen. Or are you trying for a Dependants Pass?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:41 am

The LTVP is only for a wife of a citizen or a partner (unmarried) of a pass holder.

Are you a citizen?
nutnut

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:49 am

nutnut wrote:The LTVP is only for a wife of a citizen or a partner (unmarried) of a pass holder.

Are you a citizen?
And Wife of PR also :)

to Rfei: did you apply online ?

Were you asked to submit the documents for verificaiton ?

For long term, now, they have a 2 step process ..

1) ask for documents, such as DE Card, Passport, Marriage Cert etc
then
2) approval / rejection

Sometimes the step 1 doesn't happen, goes to step 2

So, firstly, wait for any communication from ICA, and secondly, make sure your wife is still here, (some beg to differ,though I would say while LTVP is pending, don't leave Singapore - as of now .. )

Processing can go upto 2 months or more, now.

Personally, $3850 basic is a bit on the border.

Rfei

Post by Rfei » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:06 am

Thank u all the bro for the reply. I applied online more than 8 weeks before. I m a spore citizen. But they did not ask for any document nor did they call me at all. The status is still receiving attention. I email them n call the hotline but all they said is that they will ask the processing department to expedite or call me back but neither had happened. I know 3850 is not a lot but I got friend getting long term visit pass for her wife when he in ns. Normally the longest processing time heard can drag for how long? I m planning for my honeymoon but been waiting. Worse thing my new project going start very soon, once started I won't be able to leave till completion

Rfei

Post by Rfei » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:30 am

Bro any particular reason why better not to leave singapore

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 8:51 pm

My mum in law Long Term Pass Appeal under my spouse PR sponsor has been pending for 7 weeks. After 4 weeks of appeal, ICA sent a letter to submit additional document such as my wife birth certificate and family registration certificate within 2 weeks. I have submitted documents to ica last week and still no news.
What is the possible Outcome? Pls kindly advise?

I think ICA Long Term Pass application is much difficult than MOM Long Term Pass. Do you guys agree?

Rfei

Post by Rfei » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 1:57 am

Why did u appeal if no new after 7 weeks? N how do u appeal bro? When they send the letter did they email u also or update in the system?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 9:00 am

CIA_crypto wrote:My mum in law Long Term Pass Appeal under my spouse PR sponsor has been pending for 7 weeks. After 4 weeks of appeal, ICA sent a letter to submit additional document such as my wife birth certificate and family registration certificate within 2 weeks. I have submitted documents to ica last week and still no news.
What is the possible Outcome? Pls kindly advise?

I think ICA Long Term Pass application is much difficult than MOM Long Term Pass. Do you guys agree?
From my experience and what I know, asking documents is only 50/50 approval, not a sure guarantee of approval.

Take it easy, and hope for good news..

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 8:09 pm

Hi All, just to update. Today my mum in law Long Term pass application status changed to withdrawn from pending at iEnquiry.

Tomorrow Morning, me and my wife are going to ICA for this matter. Will update you guys for possible outcome.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 8:19 pm

Withdrawn? or Rejected?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 8:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Withdrawn? or Rejected?
Hi SMS,

Withdrawn!
Any idea!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 8:41 pm

Usually withdrawn means you have told them to stop the application so, yeah, I think a trip to ICA is in order as well. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 8:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Usually withdrawn means you have told them to stop the application so, yeah, I think a trip to ICA is in order as well. Good Luck.
Thank you! Will be posted for any changes soon.