Singapore Expats Forum

Japanese Whiskey Night on Friday, July 19

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
SGslinger
Chatter
Chatter

Japanese Whiskey Night on Friday, July 19

Postby SGslinger » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 4:50 pm

I've found a bar in Chinatown with a fairly comprehensive selection of Japanese whiskey, so I'm organizing a group to go and check it out. If you're keen to try brands like Yoichi, Hibiki, Taketsuru and the rare Karuizawa, this is the place, and this is the night.

However, this is not only for whiskey drinkers. It doesn't matter if you're into whiskey, not really into whiskey, or a teetotaller who wants to come along for the ride. The bar should have a variety of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. And it should be a fun night where you meet a bunch of fun people, both from the Forum and outside of.

So here's your chance to get out from behind the keyboard, embrace real socializing and actually meet some people.

We'll meet at 9PM at the bar itself. I'm The Slinger, I'm M/34, and you can call me at 8152 7329 once you get there.

Come on over, don't be shy. If you're really worried about awkwardness, bring a friend or two. We don't bite.

Address
Mariko's
4 Jiak Chuan Road
Singapore 089261
Nearest MRT: Outram Park
Any time is a good time to draw.

SGslinger
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SGslinger » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 9:32 am

Just to post a reply to a couple of PMs I've received about this: This is not a whiskey tasting per se. This is just a meetup using whiskey as an excuse. So there won't be any formal tasting, but I'm sure the bar can recommend you whiskeys to try.