Singapore Expats

Arriving with a one-way ticket and Student Pass question.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Aemona

Arriving with a one-way ticket and Student Pass question.

Post by Aemona » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 2:50 am

Hello!

I am starting a school in Singapore in October (providing my student visa application is successful of course) and I have a question. I am a Polish citizen and I want to arrive on a one-way ticket since I have no idea when I will be able to go home. Providing I would hold the IPA letter would this be enough to enter Singapore without problems? My school is processing the application for me so I am not sure how it will work, is a copy of the letter enough?

A question about application itself: I read online some people had to submit their bank statements, but I haven't found any such information officially so I haven't submitted it... Is this a mistake? My course is a 1 year course at a school which is part of EduTrust.

Furthermore, how long would it realistically take me to obtain the Student Pass once I'm there? I will bring my medical test results from home with translations as well as original of x-ray, but I believe I will need to see a GP first before I can obtain the Student Pass? Is 2 weeks enough for this?

Thank you very much for any help, this forum is a fantastic source of information!

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 7:16 am

Once your Student Pass is approved, it only takes a few days to get it. You need to go into ICA with the originals of the documents - they will then fingerprint you for your card, which you collect later.
You usually need to do a HIV test and chest xray and these can be done in two days.
So you really only need a few days to pick up the pass.
Your letter from ICA, the IPA letter, should say whether it can be used as a one time entry visa. If it is silent as to this, you should just purchase any $20 airfare ( from Airasia/tiger etc ) to any destination from Singapore.