Singapore Expats

Expected PR processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 10:41 pm

it's possible to get an earlier appointment. make the appointment first and make sure all of your documents are prepared, it'll take you a few days. monitor the e-appointment site daily, i recommend morning. my initial appointment (made in january) was end of june but i changed it to the beginning of june and then the middle of may. you can only change it twice mind! annoyed me a bit when a friend got lucky with an april appointment after only booking in march! so, if you're going ahead, make the earliest appointment you can and then wait for something much sooner to open up. may not happen but worth a try in your case.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:WD40 you blew it and spoke out of turn, full stop. It was easy to misread if you were skimming. cowboy up. We all blow it occasionally. :-/
No. I think I did a bad job in conveying my thoughts in my 1st post.

In the statement(or rather question) "Why would he need to abuse PR?", I didnt mean that Mi Amigo is suggesting that the OP wants to abuse PR.

Instead I meant to say "OP has nothing to gain from the PR and hence there is no motivation to abuse."

Or to put it even simpler terms -> Mi Amigo is potraying the OP as a saint for not abusing PR -> I am saying OP has no "need" to abuse PR. If he had a "need" and restrained himself from abusing then you can call him a saint ;)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 8:52 am

Wd40 wrote:Or to put it even simpler terms -> Mi Amigo is potraying the OP as a saint for not abusing PR -> I am saying OP has no "need" to abuse PR. If he had a "need" and restrained himself from abusing then you can call him a saint ;)
Good heavens. What I said was that the OP should (IMO) be respected for treating PR status in the manner for which it is intended, i.e. it's meant for people who intend to settle here for the long term. I never said the OP was a saint (he may well be for all I know, but I didn't claim that).

If the OP applies for PR, I wouldn't consider it as abuse. But if he and his family decide that they don't intend to stay 'permanently' and he then asks his employer to apply for an EP instead because of that, then I do believe that respect would be due for taking such a stance.

My point is that many other people have abused the PR system in the past, so it's refreshing to see someone who seems to have a more public spirited and less selfish attitude.
Be careful what you wish for

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 9:07 am

Guys, guys. Sainthood not yet attained, but, if you're able to help, please write to:

Mr P Francis
St Peter's Cathedral
Rome

Thanks in advance!

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 9:10 am

Anyway, to update, I am going to proceed with the PR application.

We were a bit disillusioned last night to see that the first available appointment for submitting the papers was in the last week in November. But thanks to joannajane's helpful advice, we checked the system again this morning and grabbed an appointment for 16 July. I guess this became available due to a cancellation by someone else?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 10:01 am

Good Luck. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 12:27 pm

singapore eagle wrote:Guys, guys. Sainthood not yet attained, but, if you're able to help, please write to:

Mr P Francis
St Peter's Cathedral
Rome

Thanks in advance!
I gather that the going rate these days is two miracles. So good luck with that - and the PR application. Please be sure to update us on the outcome (of the PR application; we'll probably hear anyway if a sainthood is bestowed ;-) ).

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 1:45 pm

singapore eagle wrote:Guys, guys. Sainthood not yet attained, but, if you're able to help, please write to:

Mr P Francis
St Peter's Cathedral
Rome

Thanks in advance!
I'm already a Saint with a PR

As for applying for PR, I can't think of any negative points that you have. I would recommend going the family ties PR route rather than PTS. I believe if you tick all the boxes, being married for over 2 years being probably the most important, the process time is quicker than the PTS route.

As for being worried about what happens when your PEP expires, I know personally many who have successfully been granted an EP after their PEPs have expired but in all cases a P1. So nothing to worry about there.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 11:19 am

Saint wrote:I'm already a Saint with a PR
Praise the Lord! It's a bl00dy miracle! :twisted:

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 9:53 pm

singapore eagle wrote:Anyway, to update, I am going to proceed with the PR application.

We were a bit disillusioned last night to see that the first available appointment for submitting the papers was in the last week in November. But thanks to joannajane's helpful advice, we checked the system again this morning and grabbed an appointment for 16 July. I guess this became available due to a cancellation by someone else?
oh wonderful! glad you grabbed an earlier one. be interesting to see how it works out. im still waiting for my results and im also british, although with a totally different profile to yours! good luck - make sure you get everything ready.

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Wed, 06 Nov 2013 4:41 pm

I promised to revisit this thread to provide an update on how long my application took to be processed.

I received an in-principle approval letter yesterday morning. So it was about 3.5 months from the time I submitted my application (16 July).

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:38 am

singapore eagle wrote:I promised to revisit this thread to provide an update on how long my application took to be processed.

I received an in-principle approval letter yesterday morning. So it was about 3.5 months from the time I submitted my application (16 July).
Congratulations! Few people around seem to be deserving it more than you.

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:49 am

singapore eagle wrote:I promised to revisit this thread to provide an update on how long my application took to be processed.

Congratulations! Guess you are staying on then

singapore eagle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by singapore eagle » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:58 am

Thank you both. I wasn't fishing for congratulations, though!. I just thought it might be helpful, given that I was prompted to ask the question at the start of this thread, to let people know that the processing time can be as little as 4 months. My timeline was:

2 July: decided that I would apply for PR
2 July: looked for appointment online, disillusioned to see that the earliest available appointment was in November
3 July: looked online again, saw and grabbed an appointment for 16 July
16 July: submitted application and documents
31 October: in-principle approval letter sent out by ICA

bobypf
Regular
Regular

Post by bobypf » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:00 am

Yes, we know that and we appreciate it. But we can't just go without congratulations can we? :)