Singapore Expats

Does anyone know of an experienced ABA therapist for our son

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
buttershyna

Does anyone know of an experienced ABA therapist for our son

Post by buttershyna » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 2:06 am

Hello, we are looking to find help for our 3 year old son.

We are wanting to learn more about ABA therapists in Singapore. Do you know of any reputable therapists that are reasonably priced? We seem to be finding lots of expensive agents that are out of our budget. Is there anyone that has had a different experience and can offer us any advice or give us any contact details. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:31 am

Have you already checked/contacted the places like http://www.autism.org.sg/ ?

Sorry for an invasive question, but why ABA? Nb. ABA should be pretty popular in Singapore because it matches the (allegedly old) approach of local education which is mechanical learning. Why not RDI or DIR/Floortime?
Having said that you will have even greater problems finding therapist for the later two. Also don't expect it will be cheap, none of the options.

buttershyna

ABA-Floortime

Post by buttershyna » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 10:10 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for the info! We actually are great supporters of Floor time and have already found a school using this approach. Now we are looking to do a few hours each day of ABA to supplement our sons treatment.

I will look into that website. Thanks again!

annachin

Therapist

Post by annachin » Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:15 am

I am using a home based ABA therapist for my kids. My son has ASD .

I don't know if i am allowed to post their details here but you can email me at [email protected]

:)

CharlieB

Post by CharlieB » Sat, 26 Oct 2013 1:39 pm

Kaleidoscope has a new, highly experienced ABA therapist. I think they only charge an minimal admin cost (for invoices etc) as services are home-based. Hope that helps!
http://www.kaleidoscope.com.sg
Charlie Bell

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Oct 2013 3:43 pm

There wouldn't be any professional courtesy being extended with that recommendation now would there Charlie?

I'm pretty sure you have used them, or their service, but not as a patient, correct? Maybe more as a referral basis between the two?

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers