Singapore Expats

Employment Pass E0000236 : No record found OR Pending?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Jul 2014 11:48 pm

This is why 40% of the citizens here want to see the FTs gone. These are prime examples of the types of FT this country DOESN'T need, DOESN'T want and hopefully don't get approved as there are far too many like this already. A search of the archives here will show you what I'm talking about.

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gailwynand
Regular
Regular

Post by gailwynand » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 2:22 pm

coollz wrote:That is not the case!!!! The FIN number that you used for the first time need to be a match with the passport number!!! Therefore, NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to use other people FIN`s number to check your application status!!! Tht is why it giving you an error status in which your application was not found! since both the FIN and passport number did not match their database. It is a common sense and i think it should stay that way to protect the applicants private data!

Once they verified and they decided (either rejected or approved), i think your company will contact you. Once again, NOOOOOOOO you cannot check since you are using other people/ friend`s FIN number to check your status. You can only check using YOUR OWN FIN!!!!!!
For what it's worth this is wrong.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 2:29 pm

double_facepalm_picard.jpg
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Htun Htun Htet

Employment status error 236 No record found

Post by Htun Htun Htet » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 9:19 am

I studied in Singapore and finished school a few months a go. Now I came back to Singapore and got a job. My employer said he aldy applied for my pass. But I encountered the similar case as error 236 no record found. I used my own fin no when I was a student. But my passport number has changed in Myanmar when I did extension/renewal. Is that because I renewed my passport? I heard my friend also renewed her passport but still can check her status,however she did her renewal in Singapore and I did mine in Myanmar and then came back here with visit pass.

selvan84

Re: Employment Pass E0000236 : No record found OR Pending?

Post by selvan84 » Fri, 27 Mar 2015 2:50 pm

Hi,

I was two years working in Singapore. Last week my new employer applied for SPASS on 20th March' 15. I have checked in EP online it shows "E0000236 : No record found". How do i know the status? Anyone help me on this? My employer didn't respond to my email. I'm in india now unable to contact them.

Currently I'm holding new passport. whether it will reflects in FIN number too?

I have checked thru EP ONLINE non login using my FIN and Name previously used.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Mar 2015 2:55 pm

selvan84 wrote:Hi,

I was two years working in Singapore. Last week my new employer applied for SPASS on 20th March' 15. I have checked in EP online it shows "E0000236 : No record found". How do i know the status? Anyone help me on this? My employer didn't respond to my email. I'm in india now unable to contact them.

Currently I'm holding new passport. whether it will reflects in FIN number too?

I have checked thru EP ONLINE non login using my FIN and Name previously used.

NO RECORD, NO FIN, NO APPLICATION SUBMITTED YET.

Learn to wait. Or call your employer directly. Even from India.

Jp77

Post by Jp77 » Mon, 18 May 2015 11:06 am

the lynx wrote: NO RECORD, NO FIN, NO APPLICATION SUBMITTED YET.

It might not be the case lynx.

I had my employer sent me the acknowledgment letter from MOM last week and it stated that the application has been succesfully submitted with the detail of application date as well as the application number.
I check the EP Online status with the detail given every morning in the past 4 days, but still show "no record found"
It seems they might not show the status anymore if the application is still not processed.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 May 2015 11:19 am

Jp77 wrote:
the lynx wrote: NO RECORD, NO FIN, NO APPLICATION SUBMITTED YET.

It might not be the case lynx.

I had my employer sent me the acknowledgment letter from MOM last week and it stated that the application has been succesfully submitted with the detail of application date as well as the application number.
I check the EP Online status with the detail given every morning in the past 4 days, but still show "no record found"
It seems they might not show the status anymore if the application is still not processed.
do how did your employer submit the application ? by crawling over to ICA ? Maybe that's why it's not 'processed' yet .. :( :(

Jp77

Post by Jp77 » Mon, 18 May 2015 11:29 am

ecureilx wrote: do how did your employer submit the application ? by crawling over to ICA ? Maybe that's why it's not 'processed' yet .. :( :(
ICA? I'm talking about EP here.. What is it to do with ICA?
They submitted through EP Online and sent me the printed acknowledgement letter from EP Online.
Anyway, just sharing the information. I'm not saying that it will be approved but it is already submitted even though the status in EP Status Check Portal shows no record yet.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 May 2015 11:40 am

Jp77 wrote: ICA? I'm talking about EP here.. What is it to do with ICA?
They submitted through EP Online and sent me the printed acknowledgement letter from EP Online.
Anyway, just sharing the information. I'm not saying that it will be approved but it is already submitted even though the status in EP Status Check Portal shows no record yet.
Sorry, MOM ..

So, there is a reference number in the acknowledgment letter ?

PS, many moon ago, MOM was processing EPs at the ICA building, or the SIR Building, as it was known then ..

Jp77

Post by Jp77 » Mon, 18 May 2015 11:55 am

ecureilx wrote:
Sorry, MOM ..

So, there is a reference number in the acknowledgment letter ?

PS, many moon ago, MOM was processing EPs at the ICA building, or the SIR Building, as it was known then ..
Yes, There are acknowledgement reference, application ref number, application date, payment details and payment reference number. I can tell you that It is not fake document as i have seen this letter before from my previous employer as well.
Beside, they shared this document without me asking it. Why would they send a fake one?
Might not be same case with others, but just wanted to share this as i happened to find this thread.
Hopefully it will get approved soon ;)

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:14 pm

Same is the case for me. I was told by my employer that the EP has been applied a week ago and I checked it with my FIN and I gave my passport number for the reference and the result shows the record of my previous employment pass.

Coz of that , I just followed up one time with the employer to make sure if they have applied. They said YES.

However I get the same result while I check online through EPOL.

I was in a confused state until I read this post. Now I am convinced that the employer have really applied for EP and status check through EPOL is not an immediate thing. So I am waiting and hoping for the best and I will not bother the employer until they come back to me , after all I have current employment and an alternate offer too which I kept it on hold.

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

ahamedmoosa.s

Post by ahamedmoosa.s » Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:20 pm

I get a feeling that some of the replies are incorrect and disrespectful.

For all your information , there was an occasion where I checked for the status through EPOL and I have made a typo error on my passport number and it still showed the matching record and which is obviously not mine.

So those who replied that you can check the status of your EP application with your own FIN is not the right information.

vaibsgharge

Post by vaibsgharge » Tue, 22 Jan 2019 11:26 am

ahamedmoosa.s wrote:Same is the case for me. I was told by my employer that the EP has been applied a week ago and I checked it with my FIN and I gave my passport number for the reference and the result shows the record of my previous employment pass.

Coz of that , I just followed up one time with the employer to make sure if they have applied. They said YES.

I was in a confused state until I read this post. Now I am convinced that the employer have really applied for EP and status check through EPOL is not an immediate thing. So I am waiting and hoping for the best and I will not bother the employer until they come back to me , after all I have current employment and an alternate offer too which I kept it on hold.

Hi Ahamed,

Same is the case with me. The employer has shared with me the printed acknowledgment. However, when I tried to check the status online, it still displays old visa details.

Even If I enter latest Application Ref.No shared by Employer, it takes me to the old visa details.

Can you please let me know what was the outcome of your case?

Thanks a lot!

vjtvjt

Post by vjtvjt » Wed, 23 Jan 2019 5:12 pm

vaibsgharge wrote:
ahamedmoosa.s wrote:Same is the case for me. I was told by my employer that the EP has been applied a week ago and I checked it with my FIN and I gave my passport number for the reference and the result shows the record of my previous employment pass.

Hi Ahamed,

Same is the case with me. The employer has shared with me the printed acknowledgment. However, when I tried to check the status online, it still displays old visa details.

Even If I enter latest Application Ref.No shared by Employer, it takes me to the old visa details.

Can you please let me know what was the outcome of your case?

Thanks a lot!
There comes to a point that your employer really had submitted your application, but it's taking a long time for it to reflect on EPOL. Last time, after my employer said that the EP application was submitted, I checked the application status the next day and it is showing me my old EP information from my previous employer. However, after around 1.5 weeks, I can already see the new EP application as pending and after a week then, it was approved.

My advice to everyone is to WAIT. You can check with your employer of the status of your application and I think you know how frequent you should check in with them..

If you want to check your status in EPOL, please use your own FIN and passport number just to be sure that you are checking your own specific information... I believe in one reply here: this should be common sense...