Singapore Expats

Employment Pass E0000236 : No record found OR Pending?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mrkl28

Employment Pass E0000236 : No record found OR Pending?

Post by mrkl28 » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 4:43 pm

I have been offered a job in Singapore and have scanned all of the documents needed and have sent them to my employer on Friday the 21st of June in which the HR representative told me she would apply for my Employment Pass 'soon'. Since I wasn't given an actual date of application, I can only assume that she has already submitted my application online since that date. However when I log onto check my Application Status (using my friend's FIN number, and then using my Passport number to check my application) I have always been getting:

E0000236 : No record found.

Would it mean they have not applied for my Employment Pass, or, it could be lodged though not exactly processed yet? Last week I have attempted to follow up with HR and the director of the firm and they have eerily not replied to my emails. I am getting a bit paranoid and require some realism with this issue. Does anybody have any experience with something like this?

Some additional issues/questions: Does the employer need to provide a copy of the employment contract to MOM for the Employment Pass application?

Can anybody with a SingPass check my application with further information?

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 4:48 pm

I believe this comes up if you are not allocated a FIN number yet. You will not be allocated a FIN until your application is in the system.
Normal employment passes do not really take all that long to process, so I would be following them up now if I were you. Give them a call rather than emailing.

mrkl28

Post by mrkl28 » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 5:01 pm

Are you saying that once my application has been lodged, the application would in turn give me a FIN number to use? Do I have nothing to worry about? I have been using my Passport number but no luck..

Im living in Australia at the moment and I really don't want to annoy my employer too much. I will perhaps wait a few days. But the anticipation is killing me!

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 5:14 pm

It also depends on whether it was done online or through a paper application. Entrepass is still a paper application and they do not come up on EP Online. But most EP applications are done online and it usually only takes a few days. Have you done the self assessment tool on MOM website? If you fit the criteria, it does not mean you will necessarily get the pass, but at least it means you are likely to qualify for the pass.
It also depends on your industry. Singapore has tightened up recently on most areas for EP. The Government is trying to promote more local employees and promotions for locals over foreigners.
You would find it difficult to get info on your application as you do not have a Singpass (and you can not get this until you have an EP) so it is a Catch-22. A Singpass is like a number that you can use on all government websites - such as for Tax, MOM, etc. It links to your accounts at each place. If you use a friends Singpass, it would not necessarily allow them access to your records/applications.
Your employer should be able to give you the details from the application. From memory, you need your date of application and the identifications numbers used.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 5:15 pm

mrkl28 wrote:Are you saying that once my application has been lodged, the application would in turn give me a FIN number to use? Do I have nothing to worry about? I have been using my Passport number but no luck..

Im living in Australia at the moment and I really don't want to annoy my employer too much. I will perhaps wait a few days. But the anticipation is killing me!
You need to get the FIN # from the company that applied for your pass .. not use your friend's FIN # ..

I beg to know why not wait for the employer to advice you on the outcome ??

And for copy of contract, from what i know, NO .. they don't ask.

The details are all filed in for submission

Can I know where you hail from ? as a matter of curiosity

mrkl28

Post by mrkl28 » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks katbh and ecureilx.

@katbh
I'm more than certain my HR is applying for me an Employment Pass via online and not through paper submission. The only uncertain thing is I am unsure when the application was sent through.

I am in the architecture field, specifically landscape architecture. Graduated from the University of Melbourne, considered as the best institution in Australia. With a year of relevant experience, i'm young (25 years old) and they're offering me a salary of SGD $3.6k per month. From what I have heard from others and using the self-assessment tool, these stats give me a likelihood of getting the pass..

@ecureilix
Wow thanks for that information. From reading through all these posts on this website, there's very limited information regarding access to E-Pass application statuses. So are you saying that I cannot use my friend's FIN# (or anybody else's for that matter) to check MY OWN application?

I am a Filipino-born Australian. I have been living here since I was 2 years old.

My employer has emailed me saying that I shouldn't worry and that 'authorities are a bit slow'. Fingers crossed that I'll get approved this week!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 9:31 am

mrkl28 wrote: @ecureilix
Wow thanks for that information. From reading through all these posts on this website, there's very limited information regarding access to E-Pass application statuses. So are you saying that I cannot use my friend's FIN# (or anybody else's for that matter) to check MY OWN application?

I am a Filipino-born Australian. I have been living here since I was 2 years old.

My employer has emailed me saying that I shouldn't worry and that 'authorities are a bit slow'. Fingers crossed that I'll get approved this week!
you can pick some pointers here ..

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight=

mookkaiahv

Post by mookkaiahv » Sat, 05 Jul 2014 11:29 am

Hi mrkl28, I am also in the same situation now where you were when you create this forum. My employer told me that they are going to apply EP on last Wednesday(July 02 2014)for, when i check with my friend's FIN number today (July 05 2014), it shows that in MOM site "E0000236 : No record found.". I feel very bad and sad as my employer has not applied EP for as they promised or not sure. In my case also my Employer is not replying to email with actual state as whether applied or not.
Hope you got your EP approved as you stated finally and you are continuing your job happily in Singapore, how many days after you were able to see that your application status in online?
Could you please give any tips to check my EP application status online if you have?
I am Indian, working in Software field in Malaysia, having 11 years of experience with (M.C.A) Master of Computer Application degree from Madurai Kamaraj University from India. My employer told me that they are going to offer me 4700 S$ for my job. Both my degree UG (B.B.A) & PG (M.C.A) are distance learning program, will my degree qualification be any problem in getting approval?
Mooks

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 05 Jul 2014 11:47 am

mookkaiahv wrote:Hi mrkl28, I am also in the same situation now where you were when you create this forum. My employer told me that they are going to apply EP on last Wednesday(July 02 2014)for, when i check with my friend's FIN number today (July 05 2014), it shows that in MOM site "E0000236 : No record found.". I feel very bad and sad as my employer has not applied EP for as they promised or not sure. In my case also my Employer is not replying to email with actual state as whether applied or not.
Hope you got your EP approved as you stated finally and you are continuing your job happily in Singapore, how many days after you were able to see that your application status in online?
Could you please give any tips to check my EP application status online if you have?
I am Indian, working in Software field in Malaysia, having 11 years of experience with (M.C.A) Master of Computer Application degree from Madurai Kamaraj University from India. My employer told me that they are going to offer me 4700 S$ for my job. Both my degree UG (B.B.A) & PG (M.C.A) are distance learning program, will my degree qualification be any problem in getting approval?
Learn to wait.

Your application is most probably still in the queue and hence doesn't show up yet on the system that lets would-be workers check their status.

Since you work with software, you know how it is when certain systems have the least priority and hence the greatest lag.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

mookkaiahv

Post by mookkaiahv » Sat, 05 Jul 2014 12:05 pm

@nakatago, Thanks for your reply. You would say My application hopefully will come up in online in the coming week - right?

I just thinking as don’t check with Employer again and again on this, wait for few more working days in the coming week and then check with the employer at end of the week, if there is no record found till.
Mooks

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 05 Jul 2014 12:11 pm

mookkaiahv wrote:@nakatago, Thanks for your reply. You would say My application hopefully will come up in online in the coming week - right?
On the coming week or the next.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

coollz

Post by coollz » Sat, 05 Jul 2014 8:17 pm

Please remember that YOU CANNOT USE YOUR FRIEND`S FIN NUMBER to check your application status! You can only use your own FIN number AND passport number! both need to be yours and not anybody else! And given the current situation in Singapore where the government tightened the foreign labor hiring, the process of obtaining EP is not as fast as before! (especially new applicants like you). Plus in some occasion, MOM (Ministry of Manpower) will check the authenticity of your education certificates that your company submitted! They will check it with your university so it also depends again whether your university give a prompt reply to MOM. So nowadays it can take 2 weeks -2 months although they said in their websites that it will take 7 days processing time.

mookkaiahv

Post by mookkaiahv » Sun, 06 Jul 2014 5:06 pm

@coollz. Thanks for the detail. I was hoping that new EP applicant's application status can be checked by an existing EP/S Pass holder after he/she log-in with his FIN number and his name and then selecting Option 2(Passport Number) enter the new applicant's passport number there in MOM application status check page, is it not like that?

Yes i understood now after seeing all yours reply that i have to wait for one/two more week/s time to see application in MOM site.

Once all the given detail & certificates are verified then only the application will be view able in MOM's application status check page, is it?
Mooks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Jul 2014 7:23 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

coollz

Post by coollz » Sun, 06 Jul 2014 10:38 pm

That is not the case!!!! The FIN number that you used for the first time need to be a match with the passport number!!! Therefore, NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to use other people FIN`s number to check your application status!!! Tht is why it giving you an error status in which your application was not found! since both the FIN and passport number did not match their database. It is a common sense and i think it should stay that way to protect the applicants private data!

Once they verified and they decided (either rejected or approved), i think your company will contact you. Once again, NOOOOOOOO you cannot check since you are using other people/ friend`s FIN number to check your status. You can only check using YOUR OWN FIN!!!!!!