Singapore Expats

Just found out my PR Just got approved

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
feelinghelpless

Just found out my PR Just got approved

Post by feelinghelpless » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:16 pm

Hi All,

I need a little advise here, is there anyone out there would be kind enough to advise.

Before I start, i would like to thank you for your time reading my post.

I've been in singapore for almost 5 years now, and I married a local here, sadly after 4 years of marriage my husband and i had a big fight and he chased me out of the house, now im living separately from him.

Recently he wanted us to reconcile but i realised i dont love him anymore for what he have done to me i got very upset and dont even think of going back to him. now heres the thing, after he chased me out, 3 months later i just found out from the website that my PR application has been approved.

And by the way, I've been working for two years now holding a wp pass.
And I've applied for PR thru my husband.

My question is:

Will I still be able to get my PR even though I am not living with my husband anymore? (I dont have plans to divorce him but, there may be possibility that we wont reconcile anymore, which could result in divorce eventually)

Would the ICA cancel the PR that just got approved because me and my husband is no longer together?

Since my PR just got approved, (and i didnt receive the letter from them, it probably sent to my husband's address.) can just go ahead and process my PR without my husband? and what are the requirements i need to provide in order to get my PR?

Please can anyone help me with some advise please.

Thanks in advance.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:06 pm

Yes you should still be able to collect your PR. But, under the law you are SUPPOSED to report any change in circumstances. But as you are still married and do not intend to divorce, you can collect your PR as there has been no significant notifiable change. But do it quickly!

feelinghelpless

Post by feelinghelpless » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:40 pm

katbh wrote:Yes you should still be able to collect your PR. But, under the law you are SUPPOSED to report any change in circumstances. But as you are still married and do not intend to divorce, you can collect your PR as there has been no significant notifiable change. But do it quickly!

Thanks for your very useful information..

I've actually send an email to the ICA and told them about my situation..
My only question now is what are the documents i need to provide to them when i collect my PR.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 1:07 pm

Your letter should list the documents required - but they are usually originals of all documents you have provided with the application - if you have not provided them previously.

beedao
Regular
Regular

you will need to provide them the confirmation letter

Post by beedao » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 5:32 pm

Hi there.

You will need to provide the confirmation letter during the submission, with several forms, which will be sent to you by post only. You need to fill them up and submit them to ICA.
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!