Singapore Expats

Where to get used Phones in Singapore?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
sosingaporean

Post by sosingaporean » Sun, 25 Aug 2013 9:40 pm

Ok lah...Doodishere, I can bring you there, but you bargain yourself. :wink:
Who says Singaporeans are xenophobic?

Tanuki
Regular
Regular

Post by Tanuki » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 6:55 am

I was curious about this topic myself, as I'm not sure I want to pay full price when I get to town in a week. I looked through craigslist and there were quite a few phones for sale. At least some of them appear to be unused and still in the shrinkwrap. An iPhone 5 with 32/64 GB would run between 400-600 SGD from my quick preview. I'd make sure you have a proper SIM card with you to check the device before leaving, of course. But if it works out it's not a bad deal I think...

Happy hunting!

David

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:15 am

Tanuki wrote:I was curious about this topic myself, as I'm not sure I want to pay full price when I get to town in a week. I looked through craigslist and there were quite a few phones for sale. At least some of them appear to be unused and still in the shrinkwrap. An iPhone 5 with 32/64 GB would run between 400-600 SGD from my quick preview. I'd make sure you have a proper SIM card with you to check the device before leaving, of course. But if it works out it's not a bad deal I think...

Happy hunting!

David
That's a scam then you found. 16GB iPhone 5 is S$948 SGD from Apple. Since new iPhone 5S is so close to release, you maybe be able to get it for 10-20% less from the various small shops. Anything significantly cheaper is a scam in some way.

Tanuki
Regular
Regular

Post by Tanuki » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:59 pm

zzm9980 wrote: That's a scam then you found. 16GB iPhone 5 is S$948 SGD from Apple. Since new iPhone 5S is so close to release, you maybe be able to get it for 10-20% less from the various small shops. Anything significantly cheaper is a scam in some way.
Looked a little low but I wasn't sure of the pricing there...

How soon do the new iPhones come out there? Would it be late November like in China? I'm planning to just get the older iPhone 5 next week. Good enough for what I use.

Thanks

David

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 2:11 pm

Tanuki wrote:
zzm9980 wrote: That's a scam then you found. 16GB iPhone 5 is S$948 SGD from Apple. Since new iPhone 5S is so close to release, you maybe be able to get it for 10-20% less from the various small shops. Anything significantly cheaper is a scam in some way.

How soon do the new iPhones come out there? Would it be late November like in China? I'm planning to just get the older iPhone 5 next week. Good enough for what I use.

Thanks

David
The expected date of announcement is September 10th. Typically Apple releases the phone for sale a few days later online, and 10-15 days later at stores. For iPhone5, Singapore was in the opening wave of the release. iPhone 4S was US only first wave, Singapore was in the second wave.
Nothing in Singapore is ever good deal except Chicken Rice and Roti Prata. Even that is debatable at times.

sosingaporean

Post by sosingaporean » Mon, 26 Aug 2013 9:36 pm

[/quote] Nothing in Singapore is ever good deal except Chicken Rice and Roti Prata. Even that is debatable at times.[/quote]

Agreed! :lol: :tongue:
Who says Singaporeans are xenophobic?

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 3:50 pm

I needed a backup phone so I bought a used phone for $100. It was a Sony Ericsson (one of the xperia model) with android O/S. I only needed this phone as a backup when I have both my Thai and SG numbers turned on.

It turned out to be a good buy. The phone works!!! And the battery, it lasts all day (and more) turned on (but not used). And it's small enough to just put in my man-bag pocket and forget about it (and hope it never rings).

By chance, I was at The Cathay and bought the phone from Red While Mobile (http://redwhitemobile.com/used-phones/ - they have used phone section on the website). The couple who work there (assume they are the owners) are very nice and friendly. I only priced their Galaxy Note 8.0 when I was there and it was very competitive price.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 4:39 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:I needed a backup phone so I bought a used phone for $100. It was a Sony Ericsson (one of the xperia model) with android O/S. I only needed this phone as a backup when I have both my Thai and SG numbers turned on.

It turned out to be a good buy. The phone works!!! And the battery, it lasts all day (and more) turned on (but not used). And it's small enough to just put in my man-bag pocket and forget about it (and hope it never rings).

By chance, I was at The Cathay and bought the phone from Red While Mobile (http://redwhitemobile.com/used-phones/ - they have used phone section on the website). The couple who work there (assume they are the owners) are very nice and friendly. I only priced their Galaxy Note 8.0 when I was there and it was very competitive price.
I used to have a similar 'backup' phone:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/pro ... tipo-dual/

It was about $150SGD new, dual SIM, and runs Android 4.0.x. Not the fastest Android phone, but works, and the ringer is a loud as an ambulance siren.

Works great for that purpose.

saraswati69

Post by saraswati69 » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 5:12 pm

This thread is helping me a lot. I need another phone, hope I can find the cheap one there. Thank you, guys! :D :D :D

jaidev

Re: Where to get used Phones in Singapore?

Post by jaidev » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 3:12 pm

You can try
Peninsula Shopping Centre, Taj Electronics
#01-29 Taj Electronics.
They Buy Sell Trade - In New Used Handphones Easily and Trustworthy.

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 3:14 pm

I use Xiaomi Mi Max with large 6.5 inch screen and dual sim cards. The battery last two days. Best phone I've used and it's cheap. Can get 32gb version for under 300 SGD.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

missyqiqi
Regular
Regular

Post by missyqiqi » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:58 am

Carousell is a good marketplace for me. i bought an used iphone for my staff once.
can get lots of bargains from teenagers who change phones faster than.... okay i cant find a better comparsion. LMAO

risris

Post by risris » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:43 am

You can try looking on Carousel