Singapore Expats

Hard core Bodybuilding gym

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Daytona675

Hard core Bodybuilding gym

Post by Daytona675 » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:42 pm

Hi to everybody, I am about relocating in Singapore, but before i take a final decision i would like to know if there is any hard core gym where professional bodybuilders train.
For hard core a mean a place where people can train hard and feel free to shout when they are giving their maximum.

I don't need a clean polished gym where the 80% of the people use only the cross trainer.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:48 pm

Sergei82 might be your man. Check his profile avatar as it is him.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Daytona675

Post by Daytona675 » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:54 pm

thanks i will, i finally got into bodybuilding and achieved some results,,, if i move to another country i want to be sure that i can keep training hard

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 8:55 am

You may want to check "The Pit" in Tanjong Pagar. Just google it.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:59 am

There are no seriously hardcore bodybuilding gyms in Singapore - if you're thinking of Metroflex-style or Dungeon-style. So don't expect to find any gym here that embraces shouting and screaming, people hurling 20 kg plates and dumbells across the floor and chalk dust flying everywhere.

Having said that, Fitness Force Gym in Cairnhill Community Centre is the official gym of the Singapore Bodybuilding Federation and it's owned and operated by a former Mr. Singapore, Kevin Chiak. http://www.fitnessforcegym.com/

It's pretty small but the equipment is well chosen and it encourages serious bodybuilding.

(Mods, please note - I'm NOT advertising the gym here - just passing on info.)

As far as I'm aware "The Pit" in Tanjong Pagar is more like a personal training gym and doesn't have a general gym membership option.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Daytona675

Post by Daytona675 » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 5:39 pm

if my job offer is formalised , i will definitely get a flight and spend few there over there to try the gyms you suggested

thanks

groupie

Post by groupie » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:33 pm

Possibly Fitness First? Although not really hardcore, most branches have a lot of heavy weights. You might see a lot of members on their iPhones and iPads more than the equipment - but they have the equipment at least

Daytona675

Post by Daytona675 » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 4:23 pm

Fitness first is always a good fallback solution here in UK too; the iPod can be good so the other people won't here me shouting when I'm squeezing my legs with the press :D

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 6:29 pm

A couple of years ago there was a very hard-core gym in West Coast Recreation Centre, the place right next to Clementi stadium. I'm not sure if it is still there - I saw it while heading to a family dinner and haven't had occasion to return.

It is an absolute hole-in-the-wall, but if you are looking for serious 'plate-only' training with chalk dust in the air, and I'm sure lots of muscle ripping shouts, then that is the place, assuming it has survived...

Michael X
Regular
Regular

Post by Michael X » Sat, 06 Jul 2013 9:43 am

breakdown wrote:You may want to check "The Pit" in Tanjong Pagar. Just google it.
I second that. The Pit is the place to go. Although I will call it more of a hard core strength training gym than bodybuilding. They are two very different things.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sat, 06 Jul 2013 3:06 pm

https://www.facebook.com/KhusFitness

Khus Fitness Gym is pretty close to a hardcore body building gym, there are many representatives from Khus' gym every year at the nationals.

Khus is a top bloke too!
nutnut