Singapore Expats

Looking for old car with $3500-$4000

Have your burning questions answered relating to buying and selling cars and other vehicles.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I know when I lived in Seletar Airbase they could only be registered to companies/businesses (SP will do). I was told that it was the only way they could be registered. New ones are a different story, but I'm talking about the old military style indestructible ones that are 25+ years old. Not sure how the military ones were sold off though when SAF got rid of most of theirs a couple of years ago. They may well have changed the registration requirements for those. Most o the personal ownership people I knew (and Seletar Camp and a bunch back then) had $2 companies in order to register them.
OK. That might make sense now I think about it.

I tried buying some ex SPF/SAF defenders here but they are only available for export (ie. laid up until export). The new Defender of course is a G plate and a different beast.

Jon Homewood is selling his collection right now (one left - an ex RZNAF lightweight)

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info ... 07&DL=1000

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 05 Jul 2013 10:47 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: .... New ones are a different story, but I'm talking about the old military style indestructible ones that are 25+ years old
for the less informed, The Defender 110 and all thing Land Rover are mostly made of Aluminum and the rot is very less vs other vehicles and that's one reason the LR's last longer body wise :)

Though I somehow see the Disco has changed shape to be a Classy SUV !!

newyork

Post by newyork » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 1:26 pm

Unless you really need a car it is cheaper to just use taxi
Michael Austin, NYC/Singapore

irishlad

Post by irishlad » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 1:31 pm

its true taxi is cheaper, but it is so hard to get one if it is raining or if you think it might rain.... ugh