Singapore Expats

Question on business broker

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
checkretro

Question on business broker

Post by checkretro » Mon, 24 Jun 2013 9:32 pm

Hi all,

I am asking on behalf of a friend.

My friend invested and co-founded a company with her partner. The business is profitable but she find it too busy for her in running the firm. Now she is contemplating to look for a interested person to buy over her share of the company.

Question : Are business brokers suitable enough to look for potential buyers in her shares?
Any other ways to look for buyers?

Thanks a lot!

richard.ong

Singapore business broker

Post by richard.ong » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:49 pm

Hi there,

you may want to check out redacted, they are one of the few business for sale brokers in Singapore

regards

Richardo

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: Singapore business broker

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:43 pm

richard.ong wrote:Hi there,

you may want to check out redacted, they are one of the few business for sale brokers in Singapore

regards

Richardo
Hmmm. redacted was registered on 25th June 2013 to Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd, a number of whose domains seem to list Richard Ong as a contact. Does this post therefore constitute advertising I wonder?
Be careful what you wish for

nakatago

Re: Singapore business broker

Post by nakatago » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:55 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
richard.ong wrote:Hi there,

regards

Richardo
Hmmm. redacted was registered on 25th June 2013 to Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd, a number of whose domains seem to list Richard Ong as a contact. Does this post therefore constitute advertising I wonder?
Yes, it does. Good catch; thanks. I've had my spider sense tingling since the posting but life got in the way.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 21 Jul 2013 6:16 pm

i know people personally who've used such brokers (no clue who these brokers are) and have licensed or sold their businesses off.

they have to do a lot of work (IMO) to get the deal done - and their commission. i would think they're quite motivated unless the business is not properly valued or not profitable.

BlockSuper

Re: Question on business broker

Post by BlockSuper » Fri, 20 Nov 2015 1:58 pm

There are a number of brokers that you can find from google. No one in particular comes to mind. There are a number of websites that help sell businesses too like buysellbusiness.com, businessesforsale.com, theasiainvestor.com so have a look at them.

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Question on business broker

Post by livingontheedge » Fri, 20 Nov 2015 8:13 pm

Offer to the competitors - typically competing firms would buy for the market share/customer lists.