Singapore Expats Forum

PR application for spouse of Singapore Citizen

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 9:59 am

abc123xyz wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:My only wonder is why they give out PRs so easily to Malaysian Chinese/Indonesian Chinese who are barely here for 3 years and yet reject people like me who've been here for 6 years, even married to locals. And yes, I'm just being rhetorical, of course there's a wham-bam button to click when it comes to race.

Not sure if Malaysian Chinese is still the "flavor of the month", but things are not so smooth for Indonesian Chinese. The only good pattern that I can see from successful applications submitted by Indonesian Chinese, is related with education background (graduate in either Malaysia or Singapore).

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Like I mentioned earlier in my starting post, there is an Indonesian Chinese in my office who has barely stayed here for six months and yet obtained her PR through the LPR scheme without any hassle. She's now in her 9th month in Singapore.

Another friend of mine is also an Indonesian Chinese, graduated from MDIS and even her S Pass was rejected despite her sister and husband are PR.

Those who made the cut are mostly people who have been here for less than two years, those that got rejected could have been here their entire life (Remember the case of this girl called Naridah?).

Well, in my case, my friend who works in chemical industry related, studied in Malaysia's high school, Singapore's poly, and now, taking her master degree in Singapore, is granted with citizenship. While his boyfriend (graduated from Indonesia's high school and university, and works in IT related industry in Singapore [after around 3 years]) doesn't even get his PR. Both are Indonesian Chinese. Salary wise? Most or less the same.

Let's say, MoM works in mysterious way :lol:
"Budget Expat"

abc123xyz

Postby abc123xyz » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:01 am

v4jr4 wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:
abc123xyz wrote:My only wonder is why they give out PRs so easily to Malaysian Chinese/Indonesian Chinese who are barely here for 3 years and yet reject people like me who've been here for 6 years, even married to locals. And yes, I'm just being rhetorical, of course there's a wham-bam button to click when it comes to race.

Not sure if Malaysian Chinese is still the "flavor of the month", but things are not so smooth for Indonesian Chinese. The only good pattern that I can see from successful applications submitted by Indonesian Chinese, is related with education background (graduate in either Malaysia or Singapore).

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Like I mentioned earlier in my starting post, there is an Indonesian Chinese in my office who has barely stayed here for six months and yet obtained her PR through the LPR scheme without any hassle. She's now in her 9th month in Singapore.

Another friend of mine is also an Indonesian Chinese, graduated from MDIS and even her S Pass was rejected despite her sister and husband are PR.

Those who made the cut are mostly people who have been here for less than two years, those that got rejected could have been here their entire life (Remember the case of this girl called Naridah?).

Well, in my case, my friend who works in chemical industry related, studied in Malaysia's high school, Singapore's poly, and now, taking her master degree in Singapore, is granted with citizenship. While his boyfriend (graduated from Indonesia's high school and university, and works in IT related industry in Singapore [after around 3 years]) doesn't even get his PR. Both are Indonesian Chinese. Salary wise? Most or less the same.

Let's say, MoM works in mysterious way :lol:

You've lost me. What do you mean by MoM? I'm just guessing the person must have obtained the PR before 2009.

Damn me I was still studying then, what a year to be born in.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:42 pm

abc123xyz wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:

The reason the got the PR was because of the LPR scheme which has been formally disbanded for almost two years now. At the time it was reasonably easy for an Indo Chinese to gain PR but when the LPR scheme was shut down, so was the freeflow from Indonesia. I also has two LPR candidates who we employed which gave them their PR, but that was years ago. Now, it's much harders and like v4jr4 mentioned, as long as you have good academic credentials and relevant experience it can still be done but just not as easily as before.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Postby v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 1:04 pm

abc123xyz wrote:You've lost me. What do you mean by MoM? I'm just guessing the person must have obtained the PR before 2009.

Damn me I was still studying then, what a year to be born in.

Sorry, my bad. I mean ICA :)
"Budget Expat"